Lithium

Idea To Prevent Some Massers And Rulebreakers On Jb

So one thing I've noticed in my time on xG Jailbreak is that most of the people who come on CT and mass usually are not regular players or anyone who has played on the server for more than a few minutes. So, why don't we prevent players with less than, say, 1 hour of play time on the server from switching to CT, and maybe 2 hours to be able to be warden? That should be plenty of time for new people to learn the basic rules so we don't have random outbreaks of noob CTs not familiar with xG rules accidentally breaking rules and getting themselves banned. Also would discourage 1-time massers if they have to wait an hour before they could do so. It wouldn't be a terribly difficult plugin to make, it would just need to be combined with the warden and !guard plugins. Not sure if this is a great idea, but it just popped into my head.

Any thoughts?

One problem I thought of was that we don't want to have old players have to wait when the plugin would be added so there would have to be some way to allow them.

Err, we've already had many threads about this beforehand, in theory it seems amazing. However it doesn't sound practical, so say some new people actually join the server, and they actually want to play CT and learn the rules. The 1 hour CT ban could just make them bored and leave the server, diminishing the few new players we get for css already. Such as them just dying over and over again is a good example. Or if we were in desperate need of guards and there was only/mostly new players on the servers it would be bad as well. As well we would have to find/code a plug-in or have to manually ban them.

Err, we've already had many threads about this beforehand, in theory it seems amazing. However it doesn't sound practical, so say some new people actually join the server, and they actually want to play CT and learn the rules. The 1 hour CT ban could just make them bored and leave the server, diminishing the few new players we get for css already. Such as them just dying over and over again is a good example. As well we would have to find/code a plug-in or have to manually ban them.

You're retarded.

So one thing I've noticed in my time on xG Jailbreak is that most of the people who come on CT and mass usually are not regular players or anyone who has played on the server for more than a few minutes. So, why don't we prevent players with less than, say, 1 hour of play time on the server from switching to CT, and maybe 2 hours to be able to be warden? That should be plenty of time for new people to learn the basic rules so we don't have random outbreaks of noob CTs not familiar with xG rules accidentally breaking rules and getting themselves banned. Also would discourage 1-time massers if they have to wait an hour before they could do so. It wouldn't be a terribly difficult plugin to make, it would just need to be combined with the warden and !guard plugins. Not sure if this is a great idea, but it just popped into my head.

Any thoughts?

One problem I thought of was that we don't want to have old players have to wait when the plugin would be added so there would have to be some way to allow them.

The idea is great, we've had this idea multiple times though, the only problem is getting a competent division leader to actually do the fucking work.

And your problem should easily be solved. If i'm correct it would be set up like minecraft where each player that joins gets their own file that tracks their time. Just get the division leader to edit a few veteran player times over the required time and you're set.

The idea is great, we've had this idea multiple times though, the only problem is getting a competent division leader to actually do the fudgeing work.

And your problem should easily be solved. If i'm correct it would be set up like minecraft where each player that joins gets their own file that tracks their time. Just get the division leader to edit a few veteran player times over the required time and you're set.

Although it would be nice, division leaders aren't required to know how to code. I wrote this up at 4 am when i couldn't sleep, so there might be some errors in this.

Source: [PAWN] guardTimer.sp - Pastebin.com

Compiled: Dropbox - guardTimer.smx

@DrLee

Thank you based Bleed. How long is the timer before one can join CT?

already made some changes, created cvar sm_guardqueue_timerequired, which defaults to 60. Its the time in minutes required before you're allowed to use !guard. You should set this to 0 for a few days to allow regulars to use the queue while gathering their time.

Wow, that was fast. Thanks guys.

Would it be possibly to grab the play time from the rankings page? (Xeno Gamers - Players) That way it could work right away without making some regulars wait an hour. I'm not that great at sourcepawn scripting so I'm not sure, but just setting it to 0 for a time would work too.