ItsAaron

Is Slaying Yourself In Rpg Surf Jail Against The Rules?

I've always maintained that it is. In the rules it states:

* DO NOT SUICIDE TO AVOID DEATH --

This is annoying and will get you kick/banned!

If you're in jail and you slay yourself, I would say you do it just to avoid the eventual inevitable death by the person not in their with you. It's incredibly annoying for the person trying to complete the level properly, as it wastes their time and they end up not getting the experience they otherwise would have for actually being good enough at the level to finish it and kill the loser.

I bring this up because I've had someone try to argue that it's not, just because the rule doesn't specifically mention jail, but I'd say that it obviously means it indirectly.

@DrLee @Hidingmaster

if you're in jail, you're either going to die from someone getting to the end and killing you via shoot or via kill switch. or from someone who got a gun later in the surf or better aim coming in the jail from failing. the only way to suicide to not avoid death is honestly at the beginning of the round, or when nobody else is on and or the only other people on are afk/spec

I believe the intent of that rules was to prevent people from hitting suicide binds while they were actively being attacked to avoid letting people get credit for killing them and ranks.

I don't think it applies to just being in the jail, unless someone is there trying to kill them and they suicide... but if they are just stuck in there then I think it is ok...

I believe the intent of that rules was to prevent people from hitting suicide binds while they were actively being attacked to avoid letting people get credit for killing them and ranks.

This is basically what I assumed this rule was made for.. I think its a bit of a stretch to try and apply it to when someone goes to jail.

If it's not gonna be used to apply to just being in jail then, a new rule should be enforced to prevent people from suiciding just because they fell in jail. As I said, it's extremely annoying for the people who are trying to play the levels properly when they get halfway through and someone kills themself just because they don't wanna be killed.

Lol. Im not wasting my time for you to finish the level while I sit in jail waiting for you to kill me when i'm not being shot at. Im not going to sit the whole round until you come around to jail to kill me. THATS A WASTE OF TIME. I suicide because I dont wanna wait for you and its boring just sitting in jail.

I kinda have to agree that I don't see a point in that rule. With redie, a lot of people might just want to kill themselves and redie so they can play rather than waiting for someone who may or may not come to kill them or let them out. Now if you're in jail and someones shooting at you, then that's probably under the current rule. But I don't think it needs to be changed or anything else added.

The rule was for if someone was trying to kill you, and you killed yourself it'd result in a slay the next round/kick/ban if continued. If someone just falls in jail, whilst no one is there to attempt to kill them and they suicide that's perfectly okay. It's pointless having a rule warranting "No suicide if you fall in jail!".

Keep in mind, this is rpg surf. not rpg surf DM and if you are the last person alive on your team in jail, or it is 1v1 etc. and you suicide while they are half way through the surf, it restarts the round and they lose their progress. you just ruined their experience because you are a little whiny bitch like @Legend who cant just go get something to eat/drink while they surf.

@Chrono I'm not whining the guy who surfing is because they lost their "progress" like aaron and slayed me the next round. He is the one who posted the thread not me. Anyways who gets a drink/food while in mid game? you would just be put into spec.

@Chrono I'm not whining the guy who surfing is because they lost their "progress" like aaron and slayed me the next round. He is the one who posted the thread not me. Anyways who gets a drink/food while in mid game? you would just be put into spec.

you are whining. "I'm not gonna sit in jail and wait for you to finish the map, i'm going to suicide instead" that ruins the experience of everyone on the other team (assuming you are last alive) and that's just something that is wrong, and also is against the idea of a community. the principle idea of communities is that they are there for the community members. You don't just go around and ruin another members experience without some repercussion.

He posted the thread because he was probably trying to surf and enjoy his time while also attempting to complete the maps, and you suiciding constantly in jail as the only opposing team member and resetting rounds prevented him from being able to properly do maps.

Constantly? I suicided twice in the matter of 2 days thats not constantly and when he was the only other person on the team why wouldn't I be able to? What about my time I want to have fun too! I'm not going to sit in jail and wait for someone to come kill me when that could be anytime possible by suiciding, I'm starting a new round that is if im last alive and letting all the other players join in.

when it comes to a decision of who's fun is more important. you have to determine it based on this: Who is actively playing the map/game/mode the correct way? What does one gain and the other lose in both situations of them getting their fun?

Just from the first 2 questions: Aaron is playing the map correctly and surfing, you are kind of by being in jail. you failed your surf but are in jail.

In the case of you suiciding, you gain the ability to attempt surf again, and probably fail if you are already being put in jail. he loses time spent surfing trying to complete the map, and also loses progress.

In the case of you not crying about being in jail: you lose the time it takes for him to complete the surf, or eventually fall in jail and battle it out (or just kill you if you are afk)

He does not lose time spent surfing, and he does not lose progress, he instead gets to complete the surf or get as far as he can.

The only case where suiciding would be alright in this scenario would be if he was purposely delaying to troll you (keep in mind that purposely delaying does not mean stopping on a point and climbing the ramp, in order to use long jump to gain some speed)

In this specific case of you being the only 1 alive, and he trying to surf, it would never be right to suicide just because you fell in jail, last i checked you are only put in spec when afk in spawn, so going afk to get a drink is not a problem, and if you really are going to complain "what if he kills me when i am getting the drink" then type +left in console.

@Chrono Out of the two times I fell both times were when I messed up my long jump in the beginning of the round. Trust me i'm not crying about being put into jail i'm simply killing myself because I messed up at the beginning of the round. In most maps when you complete the surf it just spawns you at the top of jail/ invisible part so you can kill people. It takes awhile to fully complete surf. I understand where youre getting at but its still a waste of my time because I don't always fall into jail when surfing mostly its at the beginning when I mess up my jump.

All I am getting from that smelly guy posting is that if you want to suicide, you should do it before you hit the teleporter to send you to jail. Because it is fine if you do it anywhere, just not the jail.