Forest

Xg:pm Papercreeper - Counter-strike: Source

If Papercreeper slayed everyone because to troll which is a giant no no, If Paper did it for a troll then he should be demoted. Now I wasnt there so I can't tell anything else if this was because the person choseing the minigame killed himself or not. But +1 For Demotion you can't blame your cat for the keyboard bind or your brother was playing abuse is abuse. If I'm wrong about this -0.

i dont understand if he slayed everyone for a reason he would remember the reason and not just let it slide ove his head even if the news didnt spread quickly. if the reason for him to slaying everyone not a memorable one it should not have been done

I think I'm gonna have to agree with this. As it stands right now, +1 for demo.

did Karch reply? i think we should at least wait for him.. some more info from people who were actually online and slayed would be helpful if that's the case

there's 2 possibilities in my head as to why he "vaguely" remembers this...

1: it was just a "oh, he broke this i need to slay @all and get it over with... rip." and forgets it later on because it wasn't a big deal, just like how you forget why you slayed or banned somebody who was breaking the most obvious of rules (it further makes me think this somehow when he is shown jumping like hell to the games in the screenshot, probably wasn't a big deal)

and you can guess the second.

just my opinion tho

totally no whitetext HUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUE

I don't see why you people are +1ing, all the screenshot shows is him typing "!slay @all", on the MG map lego. The picture is also from the previous round, and didn't show what was going on at the time of him slaying all. So there could clearly be a legit reason; and as no one seems to remember what happened then no one has the right to +1 since they have nothing to really support their claim of him abusing. Besides, on the map MG lego the soccer ball can glitch, people can be AFK on the longjump, someone could have suicided if they won the map choice. There is plenty of reasons as to why he could have slayed all. -1

I don't see why you people are +1ing, all the screenshot shows is him typing "!slay @all", on the MG map lego. The picture is also from the previous round, and didn't show what was going on at the time of him slaying all. So there could clearly be a legit reason; and as no one seems to remember what happened then no one has the right to +1 since they have nothing to really support their claim of him abusing. Besides, on the map MG lego the soccer ball can glitch, people can be AFK on the longjump, someone could have suicided if they won the map choice. There is plenty of reasons as to why he could have slayed all. -1

But you also can't rule out the possibility of this being actual abuse. The slay@all command is one that is only used on rare occasions that call for it. With that said, using the command is prohibited unless justified for some reason. Without any reasons present, and a screenshot that displays the command being used, you can't automatically assume it was warranted, but just as likely you can't assume it wasn't.

The only reason I'm leaning toward a negative punishment is the sheer fact that the Staff Member does not remember why/when he did it, and also happens to be a Paid Moderator. Given the information we have, although not much, still leans toward the possibility of abuse more than it does a justified slay@all. Not that I'm giving a positive/negative vouch, I'm merely giving my opinion just as I'm sure you are.

But you also can't rule out the possibility of this being actual abuse. The slay@all command is one that is only used on rare occasions that call for it. With that said, using the command is prohibited unless justified for some reason. Without any reasons present, and a screenshot that displays the command being used, you can't automatically assume it was warranted, but just as likely you can't assume it wasn't.

The only reason I'm leaning toward a negative punishment is the sheer fact that the Staff Member does not remember why/when he did it, and also happens to be a Paid Moderator. Given the information we have, although not much, still leans toward the possibility of abuse more than it does a justified slay@all. Not that I'm giving a positive/negative vouch, I'm merely giving my opinion just as I'm sure you are.

In minigames there's always a high possibility of the need to slay all, maps glitch rendering people unable to play unless all are slayed, but you're right it's a 50/50% chance, but just because he paid for moderator, doesn't mean anything, technically everyone should be payed moderator since you have to "donate" to apply for it.

just because he paid for moderator, doesn't mean anything

What I meant by bringing the whole 'Paid Moderator' position up is that more often than not, someone who pays for a position (IE. Moderator, Administrator) will not have as much experience or knowledge in what is/isn't allowed or what should/shouldn't happen in comparison to someone who earns it; and given that they lack that sort of experience and such, they are given much less leniency. But I agree as well, it's starting to seem that Moderators who want to apply are still essentially paying for it any ways :coffee:

as the person who took the screenshot, ill say it was used closeish to the end of the round and there were only a few people on. it was more funny due to its value in making fun of papercreeper than it was annoying.

I never wanted papercreeper to get in serious trouble; i was just hoping that bringing this to light would perhaps make him take his new status more seriously.

Honestly he shouldn't be demoted think of all the mods and admins that slayed @all and didnt get demoted even if it was intentional nobody complained about it. Paper is a very active mod and should stay a mod. We all make mistakes and this was one of his. Once again -1 on the demotion because he is a very active mod and watches the server a lot.

Also as karch stated this was a while ago and wouldn't you think the people would have reported it earlier? Don't demote him.