where's skit

is this server associated with the actualy xG GMOD divison

is it custom to any extent

is it like TTT, if not, how

where's skit

is this server associated with the actualy xG GMOD divison

is it custom to any extent

is it like TTT, if not, how

At this moment in time morbus is being kept separate from TTT and DarkRP.

The server is custom to a small extent given how it has the shop to buy trails, hats etc. There are plans to add more custom content to the shop. However, at this moment in time the priority is bug fixes, performance tweaks, sourcebans integration, writing morbus admin handbook, recruiting moderators, increasing clan involvement etc.

Morbus has similarities to TTT but still is quite different. You can read more about it here MORBUS - About.

@Stickz

There's a few problems which you're probably aware of but I'll write anyways:

• I've seen a fair few problems with people becoming stuck in walls/doors and having to kill themselves.
  • When alien, the smell feature which highlights people through walls very rarely works properly, so when you've spent forever trying to reach a certain part of the map people are at, you get there only for there smell to change and them be somewhere completely different.
  • Lag seems to hit everyone quite hard
  • I've not seen a single mod and RDMing is sometimes a big problem. Hence I'm asking if I can get mod myself since I spend a decent amount of time on there, and in case you don't know me at all I'm a mod in the CSS division and live in England so I can moderate times when most Americansn b can't, cuz I've noticed it can be busy at any time during the day or night.

In spite of all this, Morbus is amazing and it seems to be a pretty popular server, so good call!

@ItsAaron

• Issues such as being stuck in walls, and lag are gamemode related. I've reduced the server slots to 26 and improved the chatting and mic system to be much more efficient.
  • The feature where broods smell is apost to work like that. The idea is when the smell wears off you know the last location of the human. Its typically a smell through walls feature not a see through walls.
  • Currently improving the gamemode code further (with my coding skills). Got other gamemode improves which require people to test them before putting them on the main server. (As i clearly learned when broods couldn't transform)
  • More moderators is something i'm currently looking for. @eyesofdeath983 and I are floating around mainly when you're sleeping dealing with rdmers. Its clear by the number of bans that people aren't letting up on the rdming. Xeno Gamers .Since he's already an css mod, could @Nomulous or @Rhododendron please add him to the morbus server group (as moderator). Flags don't matter as they are setup from the server end.
  • @ItsAaron drop me a friend request on steam and i'll explain the new moderator system to you. It doesn't use sourcemod like css does so things are simular but still quite different. Steam Community :: ᵡᴳḽᴰ >>Stickz<<. Also need to explain to you how to deal with rdmers since the admin handbook isn't written yet.

• Incase you didn't know (since you're from England) I run the clan's Europe hosting. It currently has Redstone (Nuclear Dawn) on it with an Europe morbus server currently in weak testing phases.

Feedback is always appreciated. This server is pretty new so there's definitely alot of things being improved. Most recent improvement being the player-thresholds so small/large maps only display in the map voter with an appropriate number of players.

@Stickz I've added you, just not seen you online yet.

A couple more bugs I've noticed. One, corpses persisting through rounds which can be very confusing and cause accidental RDMing, and also the snoring noise not working on a legit human which can also lead to accidental RDMing.

About mod, as I don't know when we'll both be online would it perhaps be easier for us to speak through xG chat until we do see each other on?

@ItsAaron

• Your not allowed to shoot someone because they pretend to complete an objective. That's not considered sufficient proof.
  • Most of these issues you're bringing up are gamemode related. (ie. corpses issue) Its presumed they can't be fixed unless they actually are. Reasons like this are why nobody is banned until after the warning and 3rd rdm unless you're absolutely sure they're doing it intentionally.

Greetings! New poster here, but a regular on you're awesome MORBUS server. Thanks for hosting one of my favorite gamemodes of all time.

Feedback would be - Update maps possibly? Different servers have updated version of maps while this one still has old versions. Specifically I know Breach has been updated and It's still the old bland version (Verified 2015011) on this server.

Also I belive there are new maps available but I have not seen them in the vote list. Is it because the number of players prohibits the larger maps from being shown? There have been more than 20 people on and I still don't see some maps.

Allow access to !Voteban or !votekick. Recently within the past week or two there have been a small number of speed hackers on that ruin everyone's fun. They hop from server to server as well. I'd volunteer to be a Mod for this specific server if you don't mind. It's all I really play and wouldn't matter to me. (Add my Bacon Odyseus if so).

If not a voteban/kick system possibly a way to alert online admins/mods of an out of control RMDr or hacker? Such as !admin or something? I've seen it before on Gmod, have no idea what it was or called. I apologize.

Enable the updated version of the gamemode? -I know on the ObeliskGaming server they had an updated version with features like a grav glowstick, laser shotgun, and weapon stats and more, however this was DemonKush's home server and he has done some awesome work for this gamemode (Maps, features, bug fixes etc) while the original Developer (Remscar) has dissapeared that I see. Obelisk's server is no longer up for this gamemode, but I know on the TectonicGaming server they have some features (weapon stats, new maps) that the XenoGamers server does not.

Possible system to prevent the same maps from being played over and over. Seems like it's always spaceship, chemicallabs, and breach. Is there a way to block out the last map or couple that were played from being voted on?

That's all I can think of now. Congratulations on this popular server, looking forward to more content and many hours more of this awesome gamemode.

I was able to grab the SteamID of one of the hackers

# 73 "╭∩╮" STEAM_0:1:105927930 06:51 94 0 active

# 404 "╭∩╮" STEAM_0:1:105927930 16:10 90 0 active

Probably same guy. Seen him on differen't servers also goes by dsk35 and other names.

@BaconOdy

Feedback would be - Update maps possibly? Different servers have updated version of maps while this one still has old versions. Specifically I know Breach has been updated and It's still the old bland version (Verified 2015011) on this server.

The maps aren't necessarily updated versions, they are simply retextured. I was holding off on that because wasn't sure which texture types players would enjoy the most. None the less, the performance impact between both versions. I know there's already countless performance issues with the game-mode. (see at post bottom)

Tryed to get @Demonkush 's mor_temple_v1 map working but had problems getting weapon spawns to work even with the more recently released arming files. The furthest I got was getting the countdown timer and players spawning working.

Allow access to !Voteban or !votekick. Recently within the past week or two there have been a small number of speed hackers on that ruin everyone's fun. They hop from server to server as well.

The problem with one of these systems is there would be frequent abusers, given the large number of younger members in the community.

I'd volunteer to be a Mod for this specific server if you don't mind. It's all I really play and wouldn't matter to me. (Add my Bacon Odyseus if so).

Do you have any previous moderating experience?

I was able to grab the SteamID of one of the hackers

# 73 "╭∩╮" STEAM_0:1:105927930 06:51 94 0 active

# 404 "╭∩╮" STEAM_0:1:105927930 16:10 90 0 active

Probably same guy. Seen him on differen't servers also goes by dsk35 and other names.

I'll take your word for it and go ahead and ban him. If he truly was jumping around on different servers hacking, he won't take the time to make an ban protest, I can almost guarantee it. But if an protest is made, I will have to remove it tho unless proof/witnesses can be found. What was the date and approximate time it happened? There's existing chat log archives which can possibly prove it. Also is there any sort of video or demo proof of him hacking even on other servers?

Enable the updated version of the gamemode? -I know on the ObeliskGaming server they had an updated version with features like a grav glowstick, laser shotgun, and weapon stats and more, however this was DemonKush's home server and he has done some awesome work for this gamemode (Maps, features, bug fixes etc) while the original Developer (Remscar) has dissapeared that I see. Obelisk's server is no longer up for this gamemode, but I know on the TectonicGaming server they have some features (weapon stats, new maps) that the XenoGamers server does not.

@Demonkush hasn't released this version of the gamemode. The server does however have anther modified version of the gamemode running with mainly bug fixes, performance enhancements and many quality of gameplay improvements.

If not a voteban/kick system possibly a way to alert online admins/mods of an out of control RMDr or hacker? Such as !admin or something? I've seen it before on Gmod, have no idea what it was or called. I apologize.

Simply use the @symbol in-front of an chat message to contact online server administrators.

Possible system to prevent the same maps from being played over and over. Seems like it's always spaceship, chemicallabs, and breach. Is there a way to block out the last map or couple that were played from being voted on?

Yah I tried to get an system working in the past for that, but had to remove it due to an bug which was causing no maps to appear in the map voter. Since then I haven't had time to do much more in terms of coding.

That's all I can think of now. Congratulations on this popular server, looking forward to more content and many hours more of this awesome gamemode.

Since you're likely wondering what I'm up to next. Added couple check tables awhile back and the next thing I know players were spawning in a few seconds faster on game start. Found similar bad coding practices in the entity code which impacts server resources and client frame rates, just started improving that a few days ago.

As far as content goes, if there's links floating around anywhere can take an look at it. If the coding practices are decent will consider adding at to the server. I don't plan on coding any myself unless they're simple and not very time consuming. The first priority is improving quality, fixing bugs and increase performance. The game-mode is broken in many ways, have solved some issues but still have a lot more to go.