StarmiX

Ban Certain Skins?

Well, there are certain skins that I would consider "OP"'

One of these is Wheatley.

Wheatley, being a floating ball, can't really be headshot since you can't see his head. Some people might get confused on what class it is, or what team he is on since Wheatley's core is always blue.

If you have any other skin ideas that should be removed/changed just post on this thread

+1 As cool as the skins and models are, some of them are just broken/give an unfair advantage to the buyer.

However, some should stay, because they are pretty damn cool

Cool as they may be, If they are breaking gameplay and give them an advantage its really not fair.

Edit.

Also some people are missing textures and show up as errors for players and thats even worse

Cool as they may be, If they are breaking gameplay and give them an advantage its really not fair.

Edit.

Also some people are missing textures and show up as errors for players and thats even worse

Someone had missing textures on the skins, and he (I forgot who) followed Nomulous' steps if the download corrupted, but it didn't work.

If you're using the Dukenukem Skin as spy, if you pull out your sapper, you melt into to floor and you become a human Surfboard. With the Bunny skin, you're constantly in a Demo like stance, even if you aren't that class. I fucking love these Skins and I do appreciate the work put into it all, but, there are quite alot of downsides. If it was the possible to restrict some for only certain servers and/or classes, it would probably fix some issues. But, the only way I could see that as enforceable would be with a list of rules..

Could we just disable the skins on jailbreak? Ever since the skins got released...it hasn't been the same...

Skins shouldn't be removed. Some are fine, it's just a few that are really unfair, but that doesn't mean that all should be removed.

I agree with starmix. Skins are fun on the trade servers when you're just screwing around. But on jailbreak it isn't for screwing around. There is an actual game mode people are trying to play and if the skins give people an advantage or are unbalanced then they should be removed from jailbreak. Donating shouldn't give you the right to unbalance the game mode for everyone else. It's fine on trade servers when it only affects you. But it affects more than just you on jailbreak. +1 for removal of skins from the jailbreak servers.

As well as some models being buggy on different classes, that would make sense, generally a model is made for 1 class. Though I do not wish to have to make each model restricted to it's intended class use.