Tekk

Votemute/kick/ban on trade servers

Shall we?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Shall we?

• Sure
    • Nah

Several times, I have encountered bannable situations or serious disrespect (Racism, Homophobia, etc.) on Trade Servers such as TGH and Pokémon. Usually, they're dealt with by the admins. They do a great job of it. However, when they're not there, they continue to just break rules due to there being nothing we can do about it. For example:

1) I was on TGH and Frantic Factory with @gold and someone kept exploiting by healing people in the ring and using primary and secondary weapons in the ring. We had to deal with this with our donator powers.

2) I was on Pokémon Trade and someone kept insulting people using racial comments and other disrespectful words. We couldn't do anything and just had to put up with it.

I understand that people may abuse this, but like on Jailbreak, you would need more than the majority of the players to vote on that person. So it wouldn't be easy to abuse.

I'm fairly sure there is a vote system anyway.

Nope. There isn't. Just double checked on TGH with !votekick, votekick and /votekick.

yeah the past few times I've been on pokemon trade there have been mic spammers using phones, chat spammers, etc

with a votekick to mute/kick/ban if possible we should also add one to gag because if someone is vote muted they could spam the chat in anger or someone could just flood it with keybinds.

Ehhh I find this to be flawed and disobeyed like on JB so I think I'll pass this would be abused fairly quickly and worse than JB

I know this is for trade but since I am on a phone and can't make a thread, I suggest that we add a voteswitch option for jailbreak if possible since there seems to be to many rule breakers lately. @Ghosty came up with the idea. Also I +1 this

I mean, not a huge fan of vote kick/mute/ban. I think it's way too easily abused.

That said though,

It could work if done very carefully though. Voteban shouldn't be added whatsoever though, if somebody needs banned call a staff member, vote kick and vote mute dont have that horrible of repercussions if abused, but vote ban on the trade servers, if abused, would be a major problem. Ban powers are staff only for a reason. That shouldnt change, votekick and votemute could work though.

Nope. I've seen people try to vote mute/kick/ban for absolute no reason, in my opinion I see it as something for them to abuse. Besides, it's a simple as getting a moderator or admin over to shut the person up or kick/ban them.