Chorito

Chorito - team fortress 2

since this ban protest is clearly one-sided and lacks some much needed valid opinions - I'll give you my thoughts on this.

permanent ban wasn't necessary; the seriousness of a permanent ban should be only be given out for few reasons, which would be absolutely fine if that were the case.

now to begin, abusing votekick system is written on the rules, but nomulous already stated that,

In all absolute reality there's a tiny, TINY difference between opinion and abuse. Anyone is allowed to votekick you for no legitimate reason because it's their opinion, abusing votekick would be a group of people constantly successfully kicking you for no reason.

now, freekilling is most definitely bannable but not permanently, with the exception of mass freekilling and leaving.

donator abuse, I don't have enough context to speak for this, but from my knowledge, punishments should be dealt by division manager or division leader personally, with that said - I don't think donator abuse should be permanent ban-worthy either, better to strip them of their commands/powers since they had paid for the powers.

repeated offenses should be continued with more added punishable time, but again not perma - my suggestion is to remove the permanent ban and make a (very) long one, a year maybe, dependent*.

chorito has made the effort to make this ban protest. :)

since this is relevant,

Okay so I just wanna be clear here. You know as well as I do tat perms are serious and we do not give them out lightly. Iggy but "general douchery" as a reason for hells knows why. He's a new mod. either way. This particular player, choritos, has been a regular for a while now, has donated, and thusly should know all of the rules of our servers. He has been proven and witnessed personally to glitch, as well as continually break xG server rules not limited to but including disrespect to players and staff, glitching, trolling (not just simple trolls, but taking over the top, rude steaming pantload) on top of being a constant negative player and unpleasant person in general. I have received numerous complaints about him and his actions and he HAS been banned numerous times, on top of being warned personally by myself, kbraszzle, and numerous staff members. He will not learn. This is why we perm'd him. If we were to ban him for what, a month again? You think he'd learn? No. He assumes his actions have no consequences. That's why he was banned.

@Bach feel free to add to that. ^^

Damnit @Gwoash you beat me to it. @Chorito you will not be unbanned due to the reasons posted above. If you have any issues with this, contact myself directly. Will not close this thread for now, waiting to hear from @kbraszzz

You have been told previously to not voteban, and instead contact a mod.

Contact a mod instead of votebanning? what? when did this become a thing?

Contact a mod instead of votebanning? what? when did this become a thing?

You know, If a mod gets on right after something goes down, instead of votebanning, you should ask the mod to do something, of which he did not.

You know, If a mod gets on right after something goes down, instead of votebanning, you should ask the mod to do something, of which he did not.

ohhhh

I was playing and there was the guy who was massing so I did /calladmin thinking that it worked I didn't see Iggy log on so I thought that there were no mods coming on. So I just votebanned the guy. Right after I votebanned him I saw Iggy say something on chat like "votebanning is bannable" then I was soon banned.

I was playing and there was the guy who was massing so I did /calladmin thinking that it worked I didn't see Iggy log on so I thought that there were no mods coming on. So I just votebanned the guy. Right after I votebanned him I saw Iggy say something on chat like "votebanning is bannable" then I was soon banned.

I don't think vote abusing is the actual reason here, we've already established that there's a tiny difference between using vote system and abusing it.

the only other reasons being, freekilling, donator abuse* and I presume disrespect?

("You realize, General douchery was added to the list of offenses in line with disrespect. In no way did I ban him for douchery.")

which are still not worthy of a permanent ban from my perspective