Fink

Are there any actual quality gaming laptops

I already have a desktop, and there is no way I'm getting a gaming laptop, but I have always wanted to know if there was a quality gaming laptop. I know the only really "famous" one is the Alienware brand, and they suck.

Please reply I actually am wondering if someone made a quality gaming laptop

and by quality I mean a high-end one that isn't overpriced.

The issue with laptops is you cant really upgrade them. One of the only laptops I would spend money on for gaming is, of course, $2 grand. If you want to game, just stick with your desktop and upgrade it.

There are lots, depends on what you are looking for. Some are upgradeable, some aren't. The upgradeable ones range from 1k to 6k if they are maxed out.

If you want to design your own one, and pick the hardware, I recommend these guys: Custom Gaming Laptops - Welcome to Sager Notebooks

If you want prebuilt power, there are plenty of MSI and ASUS ones out there that do well.

Amazon.com: asus gaming laptop

Amazon.com: msi gaming laptop

You have plenty of options, but keep in mind you won't get the same power as a desktop. Also, pro tip, if you are getting one that has a higher end graphics card in it (i.e the new 860m or higher) you should get a laptop that has a second cooling fan specifically for the GPU. It will make the system last longer overall, not to mention you wont get third degree burns on your hands >.>

There are lots, depends on what you are looking for. Some are upgradeable, some aren't. The upgradeable ones range from 1k to 6k if they are maxed out.

If you want to design your own one, and pick the hardware, I recommend these guys: Custom Gaming Laptops - Welcome to Sager Notebooks

If you want prebuilt power, there are plenty of MSI and ASUS ones out there that do well.

Amazon.com: asus gaming laptop

Amazon.com: msi gaming laptop

You have plenty of options, but keep in mind you won't get the same power as a desktop. Also, pro tip, if you are getting one that has a higher end graphics card in it (i.e the new 860m or higher) you should get a laptop that has a second cooling fan specifically for the GPU. It will make the system last longer overall, not to mention you wont get third degree burns on your hands >.>

I'm not buying one, i just wanted to see if there were any good ones because gaming laptops are known to cost more than gaming pcs even though they are majorly inferior most of the time

I'm not buying one, i just wanted to see if there were any good ones because gaming laptops are known to cost more than gaming pcs even though they are majorly inferior most of the time

There are plenty of good ones :D

The only reason you'd probably a gaming laptop is for the luxury of gaming on the go. Otherwise it's more convenient to stick to a desktop. Like you said, they'll never be as good as desktops, but depending on what you play, I think you'll be able to find something that would be worth it.

Personally this is a good guide to follow when buying a gaming laptop, or just a laptop in general. Has pros and cons for each brand.

Laptop Buying Guide - /g/wiki

Under $1000 before tax and shipping. You really cannot go any lower without comprising gaming performance. It's about $500 less than alienware and you're still getting the same high quality i7-4710HQ processor.

Lenovo Y50 Laptop | 15.6" High-Performance Gaming Notebook PC | Lenovo CA

Lenovo's usually last about 8 - 10 years, assuming there's no defects. Depending on how well the design is able to push heat outside of the laptop, a $60 usb powered laptop cooler may help increase gaming performance by allowing the processor to maintain a higher turbo frequency. The biggest reason why laptops are weaker than desktops for gaming, is they cannot dissipate enough heat away from the processor.

I've been playing on Toshiba laptops for a couple of years and had no issues (well, except for occasional freezing on my last one that ironically died in a fire). In the end though, it really depends on how much you spend on one. This one has 12 gigabytes of ram, and a terrabyte of memory.