Scootaloo

Xg Dodgeball!

So, I spent quite a few hours last night playing on our newest server: Dodgeball! I have been begging for this for quite a long time, and last night @kbraszzz made it happen. I thank him so much for taking the time to get it running!

HOWEVER! I have a few slight nuances with how the current Dodgeball server works, and I want some input from the rest of you to see if you like it the way it is, or if we should seek out some changes.

ISSUE 1: The current dodgeball plugin we are using is one I have never experienced before. It is in no way a bad plugin, don't get me wrong. It's just...different from what I'm used to. That being said, I DO enjoy quite a bit of things about it, mainly the biggest one being that you can play dodgeball as ANY CLASS. That's kickass. However, the plugin itself, being different, means that there are some settings that need to be toggled. The first big one is the fact that if there are more than 2 people on either side, the plugin fires multiple rockets. It's hectic. It's crazy. It's a bit too much for me to handle. I personally dislike this setting, but I want to know what the rest of you think.

Alongside the multiple rockets, the rocket speed and orbiting is a bit...off. I've played many different Dodgeball servers, but all of them seem to be static when it comes to rocket speed and orbiting. This was the first time I ever played on a Dodgeball server where orbiting was actually awkward to the point where I couldn't consistently do it.

Also, at the end of the round, it turns into a best 2-out-of-3 game against the last two contestants. This is a kickass feature and I LOVE it. What I DON'T love is the music. As soon as the final round starts, it plays some default TF2 music and it gets REALLY annoying.

ISSUE 2: The maps. I know the server is still really new and we don't yet have RTV enabled, but voting for a map never yields the map voted for. It's always something random. That's easily fixed with RTV.

Also, there are some REALLY GOOD maps loaded into our servers, but there are also some REALLY BAD maps too. That's also an easy fix, but it's something I want your guys' opinions on: Which should stay and which should go.

These are my biggest points to address, but if there's anything else you guys would like to see added or changed, please comment below!

@Hachi @ChickenPanda @Bach @kbraszzz @Moosty @Rejects @Rhododendron

The issue is the DB maps we installed for the server do not match the plugin. The maps work, yes, but I don't like or recognize a large majority of the maps, personally. Maps I'm used to start with dbs_ instead of tf2db_

Regarding the plugin, I love it and the change is interesting, as I'm used to the same plugin as Scootaloo is. It's hectic, sure, but that will make the game easy to learn, and hard to master. This is an ezpz way to get population, as many will find it fun, and they will want to dominate others. The end goal is obviously server population. We CAN replace the plugin, but I think the one we have now will work more than fine.

Also, I gave Kbraszzle the plugin @metalslug53 and I are used to. The download link doesn't work. I say we keep the current one.

tl;dr I'd like new maps and to keep the current plugin.

Get rid of the damn hint signs that are above the rocket and players. Sure, maybe every other round is OK but it completely throws me off to the point i want to chuck my mouse out of a window.

It should now fire only one rocket at a time.

Increased running speed that might make is easier to orbit. (I'm no dodge ball expert so i'm sure i'm wrong)

I can change the music what would you like?

RTV is enabled.

Tell me what maps you want added/removed.:llama:

Dethman did say one crucial thing. Those hint signs REALLY need to go.

Kbraszzz, you rock. When I get home, I'll test it out and see if it's better. I'm not sure the walking speed was the issue, but I'll give it a whirl and let you know what's up. :D

Also, unless anyone really NEEDS music, is there anyway to just remove it?

As far as maps go, I'll get a running list together of the really bad ones. Mostly, they are all decent, but there are some that are either just really bad or downright broken to where you can't play on them.