Halfwaysleet - Team Fortress 2

Division:

Team Fortress 2

In-Game Name:

halfwaysleet ϟ

Steam ID:

STEAM_0:1:65278202

Information:

I was banned a long time ago because I was getting a lot of kills and people were joking around saying sarcastically that I am a hacker". I responded sarcastically too: "yes, I obviously am a hacker". and they kept joking around. Few new members came in and they might have taken it seriously and I think they called an admin but I am not sure. Seconds later it appeared that I was banned. OK. I could wait a bit for the ban no biggie. As unfair as it seemed; as a former server-co-owner I knew that they possibly could not ban me permanently without solid proof or for simply being sarcastic. I have read all your server rules and obviously, joking around (And they knew I was joking because they were being sarcastic in the first place) is certainly not a bannable offence. I feel that this is not a valid reason to perma ban anyone at all. I also have no previous bans on the matter.

Thank you for your time and consideration reading this.

Ban from 2013 says it's for threatening.... which I assume means threatening to hack or ddos the servers... if the ban was so unjust why wait 2 years to protest it?

I say -1 people that threaten to hack or ddos the server shouldn't be unbanned

If he cares enough to protest the ban, I say give him another chance.

There's no real information as to WHY he was banned, and the Admin who executed the ban is no longer with us. Sure. +1.

he says his ban was for hacking and ur +1ing it when his ban reason says threatening he clearly wasnt hacking but threatening the servers or members so +1 a guy for lying in his ban protest!

Ban from 2013 says it's for threatening.... which I buttume means threatening to hack or ddos the servers... if the ban was so unjust why wait 2 years to protest it?

I say -1 people that threaten to hack or ddos the server shouldn't be unbanned

I actually agree with the furfag on this one.

Why wait 2 years?

Also 2 years is a long time why all of a sudden you want to be unbanned when you more then likely found another community?

I actually agree with the furfriend on this one.

Why wait 2 years?

Also 2 years is a long time why all of a sudden you want to be unbanned when you more then likely found another community?

Maybe he likes this community better, but that is irrelevant anyway.

1½ years is a long time (well kinda), and I can definitely say I have matured since 1½ years ago.

Even if this guy was threatening members or a DDoS, he has most likely matured since then.

+1 for unban.

Maybe he likes this community better, but that is irrelevant anyway.

1½ years is a long time (well kinda), and I can definitely say I have matured since 1½ years ago.

Even if this guy was threatening members or a DDoS, he has most likely matured since then.

+1 for unban.

If he threatened to DDOS than there should be no chance in unbanning. we have delt with people ddosing us and those communities are ultimately banned for their threats. We take these threats VERY seriously and it's not even just DDOS threats. because someone "matured" is no reason to unban someone in this sort of case. Also it isn't irrelevant. Something must of happened if all of a sudden in those years he just decides he wants to be unbanned.

I did not threaten anyone at all. All I did was respond to a sarcastic comment. As I mentioned before someone jokingly accused me of being a hacker, when everyone obviously knew that I wasn't because of

the sarcasm in his voice. I am appealing only now because I first waited a month or two to see if the ban was lifted, then I simply had more important things to do and not enough time to appeal. I was also

outraged because of the lack of valid reason to ban someone. I suggest speaking to whoever banned me and see if he still remembers. If he does, ask him why he banned me under no solid evidence; just from

the words of other members who just arrived and heard a brief part of the conversation. If I did threaten someone, which this was not the case, a perm ban is still excessive and pointless a first offence.