Dethman

Gigyas - Team Fortress 2

"Only an admin can deem a spawn camp unbreakable"

/Only an Admin/

He's not an admin; he cannot deem a spawn camp unbreakable

Simple, but pretty obvious. +1

Hell, even ADMINS don't really have the power to deem if spawn camps are unbreakable usually. Back in my Admin days, there were times where I found pretty powerful spawn camps, and when turning to Kbraszzz or our acting DMs, they always told me to let it lay. I was always under the impression that there really isn't a level of "unbreakable" anymore. That's been a thing since before I became a DM.

Either way, Gigyas is NOT an admin and this is clearly abuse of his donator perks. Giving yourself powerplay and Valve Rockets to take out a nest is a big no-no. It definitely isn't an issue with ALL donators, so removing it is fairly unjust. +1 to punishing Gigyas for his obvious abuse, with a possibility of a revoking of his donator privileges.

I'll have words with the other DMs and get a clarification on the spawn camping rules, but until further notice, I'll just go on record and say NOBODY BREAKS SPAWNCAMPS. Our servers have a dedicated rule to ALLOW this kind of thing, so it'd be redundant to make exceptions to the rule. Getting camped? Get some Medics and pop some ubers, or RTV from the map. That way, it's nice and clear until a decision can otherwise be made.

Cool with that @Rejects and @Moosty? We'll discuss it further.

+1 like, really? 10/10 for the bonk scout btw, team player.

That was a fleak spawn camp, if you couldn't take that out then that's a personal problem. 2 sentries? Is he not aware of that one time Scoot joined in and found 5 sentries in front of Red spawn? Obvious abuse. I'll be disappointed if the DM's deem this OK.

Alright, no one seems to want to agree on this. I'm not removing the command, nor am I removing his donator powers. I'm going to ban him for 12 hours. Not too harsh, yet not too lenient. If you guys see him in the future; just tell him to either call an admin, use non-command means to break it, or just rtv.

~Closed

Hell, even ADMINS don't really have the power to deem if spawn camps are unbreakable usually. Back in my Admin days, there were times where I found pretty powerful spawn camps, and when turning to Kbraszzz or our acting DMs, they always told me to let it lay. I was always under the impression that there really isn't a level of "unbreakable" anymore. That's been a thing since before I became a DM.

Either way, Gigyas is NOT an admin and this is clearly abuse of his donator perks. Giving yourself powerplay and Valve Rockets to take out a nest is a big no-no. It definitely isn't an issue with ALL donators, so removing it is fairly unjust. +1 to punishing Gigyas for his obvious abuse, with a possibility of a revoking of his donator privileges.

I'll have words with the other DMs and get a clarification on the spawn camping rules, but until further notice, I'll just go on record and say NOBODY BREAKS SPAWNCAMPS. Our servers have a dedicated rule to ALLOW this kind of thing, so it'd be redundant to make exceptions to the rule. Getting camped? Get some Medics and pop some ubers, or RTV from the map. That way, it's nice and clear until a decision can otherwise be made.

Cool with that @Rejects and @Moosty? We'll discuss it further.

One more thing. It doesn't say that "Nobody breaks spawncamps", it says that spawn camping is allowed. It later clarifies that admins may deem a spawn camp unbreakable, and then break it if it gets out of hand. This didn't seem like one of those cases, but still. He isn't an admin.