Should we get rid of Admin Abuse Day?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Should we get rid of Admin Abuse Day?

• Yes
    • No

My two cents. If the other DM's/DL's like the idea, we will begin immediately enforcing this suggestion:

1. Admin Abuse Days can be an LR request, but once it is requested, it MUST pass a 70% vote in server before the next day actually begins. If the vote doesn't pass, the next day becomes a normal Freeday. No reselections are permitted.

2. When Admin Abuse Day begins, Admins are allowed to abuse their server commands, but cannot use any commands that would otherwise crash the servers. This includes spawning bosses, using the Halloween Smasher, AIA with Rockets/Stickies, or launching Nukes. Everything else, including commands such as noclip, grab, powerplay, ROF, and goto are all fair use. Simply put, don't use anything that has the potential to crash the server and you're fine to abuse the rest of the day, and make sure you reset all commands before the next day begins.

3. Admin Abuse Day ends the second the round is over.

4. Admin Abuse Day should be limited to every once in a good set number of rounds. It isn't an LR that should be selected every other day, because not only does it need to pass a server vote, but it is also a round where no winners will be selected. Admins need to use Admin Abuse Day to their discretion. I probably would limit it to, at most, one Admin Abuse Day an hour or so.

5. Play resumes as normal the following day.

6. If someone requests an Admin Abuse Day and one has recently been done, deny the request and have them select something else.

7. If a server crashes because of Admin Abuse Day, the Admin responsible can face disciplinary actions, and Admin Abuse Day will no longer be tolerated for the remainder of the day.

I feel like Admin Abuse Day is an integral part of the JB experience, and gives our Admins an outlet to abuse their powers every once in a while, which I feel translates into less ACTUAL abuse in other servers. I don't think it's wise to do away with it, but I do feel it needs some sort of control. It shouldn't be free range, and servers shouldn't be crashing because of it, and it also shouldn't be happening willy-nilly either. The server should be in agreement to participate in said event and it shouldn't be thrown at everyone without the permission or expectation of the server beforehand.

@Moosty @kbraszzz @Ohstopyou @Rejects

Feel like this is a fair compromise?

My two cents. If the other DM's/DL's like the idea, we will begin immediately enforcing this suggestion:

1. Admin Abuse Days can be an LR request, but once it is requested, it MUST pass a 70% vote in server before the next day actually begins. If the vote doesn't pass, the next day becomes a normal Freeday. No reselections are permitted.

2. When Admin Abuse Day begins, Admins are allowed to abuse their server commands, but cannot use any commands that would otherwise crash the servers. This includes spawning bosses, using the Halloween Smasher, AIA with Rockets/Stickies, or launching Nukes. Everything else, including commands such as noclip, grab, powerplay, ROF, and goto are all fair use. Simply put, don't use anything that has the potential to crash the server and you're fine to abuse the rest of the day, and make sure you reset all commands before the next day begins.

4. Admin Abuse Day should be limited to every once in a good set number of rounds. It isn't an LR that should be selected every other day, because not only does it need to pass a server vote, but it is also a round where no winners will be selected. Admins need to use Admin Abuse Day to their discretion. I probably would limit it to, at most, one Admin Abuse Day an hour or so.

6. If someone requests an Admin Abuse Day and one has recently been done, deny the request and have them select something else.

7. If a server crashes because of Admin Abuse Day, the Admin responsible can face disciplinary actions, and Admin Abuse Day will no longer be tolerated for the remainder of the day.

I feel like Admin Abuse Day is an integral part of the JB experience, and gives our Admins an outlet to abuse their powers every once in a while, which I feel translates into less ACTUAL abuse in other servers. I don't think it's wise to do away with it, but I do feel it needs some sort of control. It shouldn't be free range, and servers shouldn't be crashing because of it, and it also shouldn't be happening willy-nilly either. The server should be in agreement to participate in said event and it shouldn't be thrown at everyone without the permission or expectation of the server beforehand.

In that case it's too much work to even get this as a day, plus since mods don't even have a voting system this isn't possible for them, everything else is common sense or all ready should be a rule for everything.

In that case it's too much work to even get this as a day, plus since mods don't even have a voting system this isn't possible for them, everything else is common sense or all ready should be a rule for everything.

Admin Abuse Day isn't possible unless an Admin is on anyways. We shouldn't be doing Admin Abuse Day AT ALL unless an Admin+ is on, so I don't see your concern.

The point is to make it so that the Admin Abuse Day is still available, but only if the server is willing. This isn't something JB HAS to do. It's something we're ALLOWING to happen, but it's causing us issues.

Hell, I'm 100% fine just doing away with it altogether, but it seems there's a demand for it. Either we regulate it strictly, or we just don't do it at all. There's no middle ground.

Admin Abuse Day isn't possible unless an Admin is on anyways. We shouldn't be doing Admin Abuse Day AT ALL unless an Admin+ is on, so I don't see your concern.

The point is to make it so that the Admin Abuse Day is still available, but only if the server is willing. This isn't something JB HAS to do. It's something we're ALLOWING to happen, but it's causing us issues.

Hell, I'm 100% fine just doing away with it altogether, but it seems there's a demand for it. Either we regulate it strictly, or we just don't do it at all. There's no middle ground.

There's no rule for what you just said, so either make it one or just don't allow abuse days anymore cause they are overused and pointless just like everything else in jailbreak.

There's no rule for what you just said, so either make it one or just don't allow abuse days anymore cause they are overused and pointless just like everything else in jailbreak.

What do you think I'm trying to do here by suggesting these rules? >.>

What do you think I'm trying to do here by suggesting these rules? >.>

If it exists and has an issue to this degree you should have set rules for it to begin with in the first place, if you guys actually had seen how things work on jailbreak without having to watch some guys youtube video, this thread shouldn't even be a thing and neither should abuse days.

If it exists you should have set rules for it to begin with in the first place, if you guys actually had seen how things work on jailbreak without having to watch some guys youtube video, this thread shouldn't even be a thing.

I didn't even really know this was an actual thing until I read the thread. That, and the fact that I'm expecting my wife to give birth literally at any moment, I mean...I can't exactly be on top of EVERYTHING that happens here 100% of the time.

Cut me some slack. I'm literally already trying to do everything you keep telling me to do before you even tell me to do it. Lemme do my job. =p

I didn't even really know this was an actual thing until I read the thread. That, and the fact that I'm expecting my wife to give birth literally at any moment, I mean...I can't exactly be on top of EVERYTHING that happens here 100% of the time.

Cut me some slack. I'm literally already trying to do everything you keep telling me to do before you even tell me to do it. Lemme do my job. =p

Hey man I'm not trying to come for you specifically, especially given your situation. I'm just saying other guys that should be on the servers and interacting with the community aren't really reacting to heavily controversial stuff like this when it arises until it becomes a major issue

I like these, except for rule 2, the server does not crash unless the person spams it like a madman. Halloween bosses almost never crash unless you spawn like 5 merasmuses. Aia @all with rockets can be a problem if they rof @all 10. Nukes don't crash if you spread them out or don't spam them. Smash @all does not even lag unless you spam etc. Just say dont spam the commands and the servers won't even crash once

Congrats on the kid, man! Sorry I tagged you in the last post, you shouldn't be here to worry about this stuff right now. IRL stuff comes first. :)

You know, this wouldn't happen if members of the server didn't spam staff members on abuse days to do this and this, that's how it all starts. Maybe actually mute someone if they spam it for once? Not once have I seen anyone get muted for spamming them begging for things to happen on abuse days... -.-

Disclaimer: I haven't read anyone else's opinions about this topic yet, so my apologies if I might type something that has already been mentioned.

Just reading about this I think we should put a restriction on admin abuse day. Personally I enjoy admin abuse day.

When I say restriction we could either restrict 1 of the 2 things.

1. Limit it to only after X amount of rounds. So people can't have admin abuse day every other day

Or

2. We only allow a certain amount of commands to be used. For example, when I'm allowed to abuse I use 3 commands. Low gravity, drugs, and sometimes beacon. No one complains about it and it's a fun time. While I see some other staff members *not naming names* activate hammer commands, spawn 300 halloween bosses, or some crazy shit like that. Basically restrict which commands staff can use.

I like these, except for rule 2, the server does not crash unless the person spams it like a madman. Halloween bosses almost never crash unless you spawn like 5 merasmuses. Aia @all with rockets can be a problem if they rof @all 10. Nukes don't crash if you spread them out or don't spam them. Smash @all does not even lag unless you spam etc. Just say dont spam the commands and the servers won't even crash once

I kind of want to regulate which powers you CAN abuse for 2 reasons:

1. The server doesn't possibly crash, because crashes can occur even when things aren't being spammed over and over again, especially with bosses. They make things super unstable.

2. Who wants to have an Admin Abuse Day end instantly because someone just mass-spammed nukes or something? :D