Forest

Ban Request For Inappropriate Spray

A lot of people seem to be misunderstanding my intentions with this thread, so I'm just going to clarify again; this entire thread only applies under the following conditions:

1. There is no Staff Member online

2. A Staff Member cannot get online to enforce against inappropriate spray(s)

3. A Player/Member wishes to take matters into their own hands by posting a Ban Request

4. A player had an inappropriate spray, but is no longer on the Server (though honestly shouldn't be worth chasing after)

I am not suggesting a new way to enforce rules ingame, this sort of thing should only occur on the forums when the aforementioned conditions have been met.

The offender doesn't have to change their spray. They just have to stop spraying it on the server.

While it's true that they simply don't have to spray anymore, the likelihood of it happening may still be high as I know of a handful of "games" that Wardens like to do that involve utilizing sprays (IE. Spray contest). As I mentioned earlier, this whole thing is just a precautionary measure that applies to Players/Members, not Staff Members. A "what-if" scenario, so to speak.

This is a great alternative if this could be set-up. Though what happens when they try to spray? Do they get some sort of SM message stating why they can't spray, or does it just do nothing? My only concern is that people may think that it's bugged or glitched as opposed to them thinking that they have been "banned" from spraying. It wouldn't be as effective if there wasn't some sort of warning/reason accompanied with it that the offending player can see. That is, someone can't learn from their mistake if they don't know what their mistake is to begin with.

I believe it just blocks the cmd from going through, like how gag and mute work.... it would be cool if instead it changed what they sprayed to a predetermined spray of something like "you have been spray banned see xenogamers.com for info" but idk

I'm sure you could modify it to message them in private that they are banned from spraying when it's triggered

I believe it just blocks the cmd from going through, like how gag and mute work.... it would be cool if instead it changed what they sprayed to a predetermined spray of something like "you have been spray banned see xenogamers.com for info" but idk

I'm sure you could modify it to message them in private that they are banned from spraying when it's triggered

On second thought, banning the player's ability to spray may end up with disruptive gameplay. I'm not sure how often things like "spray contests" occur on the TF2 Jailbreak Server, but it was common on CS:S Jailbreak. Restricting the player's ability to spray may influence that in the end.

On second thought, banning the player's ability to spray may end up with disruptive gameplay. I'm not sure how often things like "spray contests" occur on the TF2 Jailbreak Server, but it was common on CS:S Jailbreak. Restricting the player's ability to spray may influence that in the end.

Haven't seen spray contest in TF2 ever... so it likely would not be an issue.