Vertex

Morbus Arming File Items

Excuse errors or tone, I'm drowsy. @APArtHistory @DoctorGringo

I agree that glow-sticks would be better having their own slot, rather than grenades, for the reasons AP and Gringo mentioned. IF we’re going to allow people to carry both grenades & med-kits, because of weight and swarm. Then why not do the same for weapons? I personally think both are a bad idea. It reduces meaningful choices, gives players too much offense, makes stashing easier and encourages item hoarding. Will also likely increase grenade spam and accidents.

Aliens win about 40% of the time, why make humans stronger?

Brood grenades shouldn’t infect humans (imo) it's too easy, and giving grenades their own slot encourages that.

Adding to what Gringo said about balancing and changes. Some of the new grenades could be -later- reconsidered for removal, after testing & tweaking. An example might be the smoke grenade. I don’t see it benefiting humans at all with alien smell/vision. During early testing it was ineffective as a smoke screen. So why would a brood bother? It would make more sense as an alien upgrade/ability, instead of a human throwaway. In my *current* opinion the smoke grenade is *probably* not worth keeping.

Conversely, Vitamins will be a useful addition. Since it’ll allow for larger maps or paths, and give humans the choice to explore or hold out. The only thing I can suggest is adding a cool down to it. So players can't immediately consume all of the vitamins for full effect. Other than that, it's still way too early to judge. We'll probably have a map ready later today with the new content. Isolation and or Temple.

Thanks for providing feedback AP, I'll comment more later.

Offtopic:

Near death indicator is mostly aesthetic, option to disable is something to consider. Changing it really won’t matter, since people are going to have preferences. Even if Nitro bile is OP, it’s rarely used. I think we should look into it more another time before we consider fucking with it.Changing it to a slow instead of a freeze is a neat idea though. Perhaps also reduce mouse sensitivity or aiming. Screech will take too long to discuss here, and it's better suited for the other thread Gringo linked to. I’m on the fence with screech since I don't mind it but boy do people bitch about it. The new grenades have a glow to them I believe, should consider adding that to frags as well.

Edited by Makr6e6 (see edit history)

@APArtHistory @DoctorGringo @Makr6e6 @CharDraesia

Yeah we can give glowsticks a separate slot. Let's do that and pile up the utility slot with the new grenades, vitamins and medkits.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

Aliens win about 40% of the time, why make humans stronger?

Brood grenades shouldn’t infect humans (imo) it's too easy, and giving grenades their own slot encourages that.

There's still a heavy falsifier happening on those statistics with bad broods. Aliens win a lot of games they end up playing.

With the exception of the shotgun; which, I think is perfect... humans aren't as strong as they should be for late game.

In my *current* opinion the smoke grenade is *probably* not worth keeping.

Meh, keep it laying around an option for brood aliens to use. Vitimans are on the same boat for being only useful to humans.

Conversely, Vitamins will be a useful addition. Since it’ll allow for larger maps or paths, and give humans the choice to explore or hold out. The only thing I can suggest is adding a cool down to it. So players can't immediately consume all of the vitamins for full effect.

I've already nerfed the vitamins to a random value of eight to eighteen seconds. It takes forever for humans to chomp, it's slower than healing decay.

Other than that, it's still way too early to judge. We'll probably have a map ready later today with the new content. Isolation and or Temple.

I've made a few judgments when testing and making these things work on the test server. Nothing should be extremely weak or overpowered.

@Stickz I figured those statistics were off which is why I said about, but by how much- Idk. Really wish we had more details with stats and data tracking in general. Would be a lot less presumptions on my part then. As for late game, yeah humans are definitely screwed when more than half of the server is infected. I'll give smokes grenades a second thought when they're on, and thanks for tweaking vitamins.

@DoctorGringo @Makr6e6

Recommendations for vitamin counts

6: mor_alphastation_b4_re.bsp

8: mor_auriga_v4_re.bsp

6: mor_breach_b4_re.bsp

8: mor_breach_cv21

6: mor_chemical_labs_b3_re

8: mor_facility_cv2

4: mor_grem

8: mor_installation_gt1_re

4: mor_isolation_b4_re

8: mor_outpostnorth32_a5

8: mor_ptmc_v22

4: mor_temple_v1

@DoctorGringo @Makr6e6

Recommendations for vitamin counts

6: mor_alphastation_b4_re.bsp

8: mor_auriga_v4_re.bsp

6: mor_breach_b4_re.bsp

8: mor_breach_cv21

6: mor_chemical_labs_b3_re

8: mor_facility_cv2

4: mor_grem

8: mor_installation_gt1_re

4: mor_isolation_b4_re

8: mor_outpostnorth32_a5

8: mor_ptmc_v22

4: mor_temple_v1

Looks good. I agree.

@Stickz

Mor_facility_cv2, mor_alphastation_b4_re, mor_isolation_b4_re have been armed with the new content and are on the main server. I've also added 2 more medkits to alpha-station since you mentioned it was lacking. I'll release 3 or 6 more tomorrow after testing with @DoctorGringo.

Edit; We've temporarily removed them from the main server due to a bug.

Edited by Makr6e6 (see edit history)

@Makr6e6 @DoctorGringo

The server just needed rebooted. These issues are fixed now and I've added the new facility arming file back onto the server.

@Makr6e6 The new pistols have been added to the main server!

New Pistols

>
weapon_mor_pistol_a1 - new baster
weapon_mor_pistol_a2 - b1 beamer (broken sound, still running)
weapon_mor_pistol_a3 - x11 beamer (currently broke and disabled)
weapon_mor_pistol_b2 - arc blaster

Random Pistol

>
mor_random_pistol