Thorax_

Im Planning To Possibly Build A Gaming Computer, But I Need A Bit Of Help :)

Budget : $500.00 (Maximum of $600)

Looking for a Gaming Computer Build

Example :

Optimal Hardware For A $500 Budget

Last Updated: June 10th, 2016

Computer caseThermaltake Versa H22

MotherboardGigabyte AM3+ AMD DDR3 1333 760G Micro ATX GA-78LMT

Video CardEVGA GeForce GTX 950 2GB SSC

ProcessorAMD FX-6300 6-Core Processor Black Edition

RAMCrucial 8GB Single DDR3

Hard DriveSeagate 1TB Desktop HDD SATA 6Gb/s 64MB Cache

CD DriveAsus 24x DVD-RW

Power supplyEVGA 500w W1 80+

Final Price: $485.14

Source : Best Gaming PC Build Under 500 Dollars, This Build Will OWN 2016! -

Know of a better setup than this? Please let me know! :D

I know AMD is releasing their new 480 soonish for 199$ which will almost definitely be much better then the graphics card you've chosen for an extra 30$ if you can wait, although exact specs and release date is yet to be revealed.

EDIT: MY BAD! Release date actually is confirmed, June 29

EDIT 2: Also, get two sticks of 4gb ram instead of one stick of 8gb. Cuz of the way ram works, they gives better performance. dun ask me why.

Edited by Hushpuppy (see edit history)

Budget : $500.00 (Maximum of $600)

Looking for a Gaming Computer Build

Example :

Optimal Hardware For A $500 Budget

Last Updated: June 10th, 2016

Computer caseThermaltake Versa H22

MotherboardGigabyte AM3+ AMD DDR3 1333 760G Micro ATX GA-78LMT

Video CardEVGA GeForce GTX 950 2GB SSC

ProcessorAMD FX-6300 6-Core Processor Black Edition

RAMCrucial 8GB Single DDR3

Hard DriveSeagate 1TB Desktop HDD SATA 6Gb/s 64MB Cache

CD DriveAsus 24x DVD-RW

Power supplyEVGA 500w W1 80+

Final Price: $485.14

Source : Best Gaming PC Build Under 500 Dollars, This Build Will OWN 2016! -

Know of a better setup than this? Please let me know! :D

That list has all sorts of problems.... like mismatched memory, lacking wattage in the power supply, and a standard sized case with a micro size motherboard.

Core i3-6100 3.7GHz Dual-Core, N200 MicroATX Mid Tower - System Build - PCPartPicker

I got bored and made a parts list. (I switched CPUs as well cuz that is an oooooooooooold CPU.)

This one looks decent.... the only issue I see with it is the power supply only being 450W... having so little power might cause issues, I'd suggest uping it to at LEAST 550 or higher.

Also is there a specific reason you want a microatx motherboard? You may have troubles fitting everything if you use a micro motherboard and case and it'll be so clumped together that you could have overheating issues. Some standard size cases do support micro motherboards tho, but not really sure why you'd do that.

Edited by Matsi (see edit history)

This one looks decent.... the only issue I see with it is the power supply only being 450W... having so little power might cause issues, I'd suggest uping it to at LEAST 550 or higher.

PC parts have gotten so power efficient lately, and going overboard on the power supply will do nothing for your build unless you plan on upgrading in the future. As an example, a 6770k with a GTX 1080 never goes over 300 watts at peak power levels. Now, obviously this is not a 1080 and nvidia is better with power consumption then AMD, but this is also a less powerful card and CPU as well, so 450 watts should have power to spare.

Edit: Ooops, thats for non overclocked 1080, but still.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

Or be like your Canadian friend who bought a custom built PC off of a buddy who was selling one. (This method is for the ones who don't trust themselves while building the PC.

Don't get a fx-6300, I have one myself. Not the best processor/bang for your buck! i recommend a AMD Athlon X4 880k 4.0GHz as he stated above. also a corsair 650m is a ok power supply ;) hope i helped you.:)