preston

Preston - Team Fortress 2

As you said, it's not written in stone but we could add a rule to make it more clear. I personally thought our "No teamkilling"-rule implies that giving orders to kill other blues is forbidden. However, I agree that it's very vague and we should clarify it.

May not directly be "written in stone," but i feel like the freekilling rule on there darn sure comes real close to stone and clearly this has made its way through not only my eyes and the player base, but also most staff who have gone blue.

Freekilling: Freekilling is the act of killing a player even when they were following the warden's orders or were killed for no reason at all. Freekilling is not allowed.

And because i'm on mobile and bold isnt an option - "even when they were following the warden's orders."

I'd recommend a post on the TF2 section to clarify the rule since Hushpuppy and other members apparently thought this is a valid rule. Also I'm +1 to unbanning him since it just seems he was put into a bad situation with no good outcome. Your call though

@Goblins @mrnutty12 could either of you do that since I'm currently on vacation? :cool:

May not directly be "written in stone," but i feel like the freekilling rule on there darn sure comes real close to stone and clearly this has made its way through not only my eyes and the player base, but also most staff who have gone blue.

Freekilling: Freekilling is the act of killing a player even when they were following the warden's orders or were killed for no reason at all. Freekilling is not allowed.

And because i'm on mobile and bold isnt an option - "even when they were following the warden's orders."

Are you choosing not to read between the lines? Yes he freekilled, but the warden's orders were clearly invalid as your Division leader has stated that ordering reds to kill a blue is a form of teamkilling. He was put in a shitty situation and it was due to rules being broken from the Warden.

Clearly it wasn't malicious intent or being ignorant of the rules so I don't see the harm in unbanning him unless you can explain why the warden can break rules and everyone who thought it was okay to break those rules doesn't get punished but the blue who was in the shitty end gets banned.

@PyroBunny That whole "following warden's orders" thing is bullsh!t when the warden arbitrarily decides they want to get someone on their own team killed. "Crouch walk to obby" is very different from "kill Hero, he can't fight back". At best, I'd call that a grey area not covered by the rules ... at worst, I'd call it trolling and give that warden a warning. Regardless, he can't order the other guards to do anything that would endanger their life -- he's just the warden, not "god for the day". Sure, the prisoners have to obey the warden, but I'd be hella triggered if you or anyone decides to suddenly backstab me. I don't see a premeditated mass freekill here, I see a guard who reacted to his leader screwing him over. If anyone, the warden's the one at fault here. @Vector @Aegean

@Goblin @mrnutty12 @Rejects Correct me if I'm wrong here, as I'm relatively inexperienced with JB. That's my opinion loosely based on my understanding of the rules.

Wait, what?

@Hushpuppy @PyroBunny do you all actually think it is allowed to make reds kill certain blues? You can not be serious about that lmao

We (as in staff members) sometimes do that against rule breakers or other staff members for shits and giggles but fuck no it's not allowed for anyone to do that at any point

if said person is someone you are in contact with and you know they would be ok would it, obviously its fine

and if it's someone breaking rules or someone who should be slain/teamswitched, it is ok to grab him and feed him to the reds but no, other than that you can not be allowed to make reds kill a certain blue

I agree as the thread has no need for it to be up, it seems Bello has decided to unban him so if the other TF2 divs can remove his teamban whenever they have a chance that would be great.

~Closed