TheNortLogic

Should Xg Have A Discord Server?

I mean the current one is just for the surf server, we don’t plan on it getting much traffic anyway.

@Bello does know about the server.

I think Silence just meant like full out xG Discord Channel set up like TS.

If anything I can only see a couple of regulars using it. Thats pretty much it, and if that should be the case, we can make it for regulars if an issue were to arise.

It's fine if you guys want to set up a Discord for use outside of Xeno Gamers' Team Speak, that isn't what I'm getting at. What I'm getting at here is labeling the Server/Channel as a 'Xeno Gamers' Server/Channel when it isn't/hasn't been given the 'okay' by our upper management.

Also, just to clarify (my apologies for not specifying), the 'Higher-Ups' that I was referring to in my previous post was directed at anyone in a position above Division Leader [no offense] as Division Leaders lack the proper authority to make a call outside of their particular domain [typically Server side, rule specifics, etc]. As a friendly reminder, do keep in mind that the CLs+ are the ones to approach for anything community related (IE. Sponsored events, groups, new Divisions, etc) as this is one of their primary roles in the clan.

Just to reiterate, I have no complaints about players getting together on a different application to game and have fun; Xeno Gamers is all about fostering a sense of community and having a good time. It's great to see Members taking an active interest in expanding Xeno Gamers; I definitely don't want to discourage that and I'm sure the Higher-Ups feel the same way. That being said, I'm just suggesting that Players/Members refrain from labeling anything that hasn't been approved or introduced by the CLs+ first as there may be a reason it hasn't been made available to the community :)

Just for some final thoughts just so we are clear, use any voip service with friends from inside and outside xG whenever you'd like, do not use the xG name when making or using another service without consulting with the higher ups first.

~closed