Sign in to follow this  
Forest

Raffle/event/giveaway Discussion(s)

Just an open discussion involving the Raffle system as well as any other events made for the community.

Was wondering if there was any way to put restrictions on the Raffles? For instance, making Members who have a certain amount of posts (IE. 50+) eligible to enter up to 2 times in a Raffle, Members who have more than that (IE. 100+) are eligible to enter up to 3 times in a Raffle, etc. Is this something that could be worked into the current Raffle system? The reason behind bringing this up is two-fold:

1. Incentive for Members to be more active on our Forums
  2. Discourages Players/Members from abusing the system by making multiple accounts for multiple entries

*Keep in mind that this would only apply to Raffles that yield pricey prizes and such, as we do not want to completely cut anyone who doesn't fit the criteria (could result in a decline in interest)

Another fun idea revolving around our TeamSpeak Server could involve a sort of 'Guessing Game' event wherein players would gather in a single TeamSpeak Channel (authoritative presence is mandatory to prevent mic spam, chat spam, etc) and the Host would either play a sample, song [short clip], or whatever and Players will have to guess what it's from (via text only). Prizes could include hub credits, etc. It goes without saying that the 'Host' will need to be using the proper set-up for maximum clarity of the sound clip.

Post your concerns, suggestions, opinions or any other content relating to the topic at hand below.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

I do like the idea of giving benefits to active members through the raffle, but I don't know the exact functionality of the raffle system we got from Xenoforo, rhodo might have to code it a bit for that kind of functionality. Regardless I'm +1

I will be posting a full news thread to update for the month of October, including not only the benefits we have for staff on servers/forums, but also giveaways and contests with the community that include things like you suggested (: I'm more then happy to hear more suggestions for how to give away credits or fun things and I'm +1 with everything you posted

Also forgot to mention, I'm interested in holding a Raffle involving the Dark Souls series seeing as how it's discounted on Steam right now. The winner will have the option of selecting one of the following 3 Tiers of prizes for winning:

1. One copy of Dark Souls III
  2. One copy of Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin + Two extra copies for friends
  3. One copy of Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition + Five extra copies for friends

a67.media.tumblr.com_d399df8f60eceeaad289f75804ff8e5a_tumblr_o5bue5GcrB1tgzy56o2_250.gif.304848aecc9299d051218a55d93244f4.gif

Thoughts?

Edited by Forest (see edit history)

Also forgot to mention, I'm interested in holding a Raffle involving the Dark Souls series seeing as how it's discounted on Steam right now. The winner will have the option of selecting one of the following 3 Tiers of prizes for winning:

2. One copy of Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin + Two extra copies for friends
  3. One copy of Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition + Five extra copies for friends

[attach=full]25712[/attach]

Thoughts?

That's a great idea, @Rhododendron I know what we're doing for our next raffle hehe

That's a great idea, @Rhododendron I know what we're doing for our next raffle hehe

It's either that, or 5 copies of Five Nights at Freddy's: Sister Location (Spooky Bundle) or 2 copies of Dying Light: The Following - Enhanced Edition (Friendly Bundle).

Either/or, not sure how long the sale will be up for though.

[attach=full]25712[/attach]

Thoughts?

Just bumping this as the discounts are no longer available, so I will most likely retract that idea. Will keep an eye out for some other good games (spooky games are probably best) to replace Dark Souls Raffle. FNAF is still up there due to the low cost tho