Thorax_

Server Request | Dodgeball

Should we have a Dodge Ball server.  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Should we have a Dodge Ball server.

Wait, did we use "Not another DB plugin" or the other like 3 whose names escape me now?

Anyway, another issue of DB was hackers, believe it or not. Guys would come in and ruin games by simultaneously running aimbot and an auto reflect script. If there were a total of 3 people on the server (like it usually was) it was hard to get a response.

But of course this was, what, like 2 years ago almost? If DB could actually be popular, I'd be up for it. But remember, there's always a chance it'll go the way of the Hidden and Smash servers and go under-popped for a

majority of the time (not counting population events)

There is risk of exploiting and scripting in all of our servers and they are handled all the same. An “Auto Reflect Script” would be handled the same as a spin hacker. Not like its anything different than exploiters coming to aimbot in a TRADE SERVER.

There is risk of exploiting and scripting in all of our servers and they are handled all the same. An “Auto Reflect Script” would be handled the same as a spin hacker. Not like its anything different than exploiters coming to aimbot in a TRADE SERVER.

True, but it was something that wasn't automatically detected. At least in Trade servers there's a chance they slip up and get VAC'd, in DB it took an Admin to manually ban the guy since his scripts weren't

being detected (and he was on the server for over 30 mins). Plus, there was a lot more regular staff on Trade than on DB when it was around.

But like I said, this was almost 2 years ago. We might actually have staff on DB most of the time if it's popular. I was just saying that hackers ruin the fun much quicker in a game mode like that than in Trade/Pokemon.

TF2Ware is literally our most "dead"* server, and replacing it with DB might get some revenue and activity in but I doubt much will happen with it.

May just be me and my good ol' JB memories coming in but I have to doubt a DB server in TF2 especially getting activity

*Dead means that there is still activity there but it is not always there as much as our other servers, bursts of activity.

TF2Ware is literally our most "dead"* server, and replacing it with DB might get some revenue and activity in but I doubt much will happen with it.

May just be me and my good ol' JB memories coming in but I have to doubt a DB server in TF2 especially getting activity

*Dead means that there is still activity there but it is not always there as much as our other servers, bursts of activity.

I find TF2Ware rather... useless?