Amymaniac

Fireproof Secret Diary Not Showing On Dr.

Not sure about this so looking for some insight.

I just bought a Fireproof Secret Diary and it was not cheap. I can see the diary on Pokemon Trade and TGH fine but when I'm on my main server DR I can't see the diary at all. Is there any reason for this?

If there is some setting you need to enable for it to be shown may I request it to be enabled please?

Would really hate having to sell something I just bought because its quite useless to me when I can't see it on the server I play 90% of the time. (n)

I have no idea, I have never ever seen that item. I had no clue it existed.

If you can equip it to your action slot, then there's probably a cvar you can change to make it available, but I'm not sure what it does at this point so I'd like someone else to give input. @mrnutty12 @Vexx @Sesh

If you can equip it to your action slot, then there's probably a cvar you can change to make it available, but I'm not sure what it does at this point so I'd like someone else to give input. @mrnutty12 @Vexx @Sesh

I don't believe it does anything other than replace the spellbook. I'm not sure if DR uses a setting to block action items since I rarely equip them though... I'm also not sure if undoing the setting could cause gameplay issues (I don't think any of the maps throw spells at the players...) or if it's even possible to undo the setting. I could look into it when I get home.

We use Deathrun Redux, right? I took a peek into the config file and found something that could be the culprit.

A line under weapons restriction that says:

//If true (1) will restrict every other slot than melee. If False (0) the plugin wont use the rest of this config section.

"MeleeOnly" "1"

This could be restricting the action slot, since it seems the default value for this is "1". I'd figure it would still let them exist, but I'm not entirely sure how the plugin goes about restricting. Either that or some other cvar is active that disables action slots from appearing or something, I dunno...

yeah its like the spellbook and mvm canteen and is equipped in the action slot.

I guess it could be the melee restriction treating the diary as a weapon since it can be used to cast spells regardless of the fact there are no spells on DR to pick up and cast.

If there is absolutely no way to get the diary to work without enabling guns and what not which will spoil DR I may have to end up selling or just using it on the other servers.

I'm going to see if I can dig up any information on it and see if there is a workable config.