CappyCappy

Xgmc current status

Hey guys, as many of you know, Minecraft is dead again. It was alive for around ~2 weeks last month, but now it just turned back into what it was before. Even right now (Summer break for us Canadians not sure about US), the servers are dead af even during the afternoon when most people play. IMO this was due to a lack of interest and things to do. We need to do something about it FAST.

@Amylicious

@XHina_sanX

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

I mean minecraft servers need a lot of money/advertisements backing it to be successful if you want population. Minigames is the trend as well. And if you want to make any money you spend back you need to break the minecraft EULA then proceed to evade their blacklist once you are caught.

Not to mention if you want your server to be scalable for big populations you will 100% need an experienced Java developer that knows how spigot and profiling the JVM works, which is not possible through the NFO game panel we have had access to. Although this is not an issue we have right now because we have zero population any form of traffic to the server and you will 100% have these issues.

The point I am trying to make is successful minecraft servers cost money. Currently, almost all successful minecraft servers do what they do for profit (and by successful, I mean servers that consistently have population, even if it is a small amount of players). It's definitely time to move on from minecraft and shut down the division. They haven't seen anything outside of short success for several revisions of the division. This post will probably be disregarded but it's the truth, I keep saying it and it always happens. The minecraft division will keep dying.

@Aegean

I mean minecraft servers need a lot of money/advertisements backing it to be successful if you want population. Minigames is the trend as well. And if you want to make any money you spend back you need to break the minecraft EULA then proceed to evade their blacklist once you are caught.

Not to mention if you want your server to be scalable for big populations you will 100% need an experienced Java developer that knows how spigot and profiling the JVM works, which is not possible through the NFO game panel we have had access to. Although this is not an issue we have right now because we have zero population any form of traffic to the server and you will 100% have these issues.

The point I am trying to make is successful minecraft servers cost money. Currently, almost all successful minecraft servers do what they do for profit (and by successful, I mean servers that consistently have population, even if it is a small amount of players). It's definitely time to move on from minecraft and shut down the division. They haven't seen anything outside of short success for several revisions of the division. This post will probably be disregarded but it's the truth, I keep saying it and it always happens. The minecraft division will keep dying.

@Aegean

But just shut it down? The Nuclear Dawn division isnt more alive than the minecraft one. Plus, I have seen small minecraft communities go on for years before finally shutting down. Right now we can't just have a quick fix, but we need a complete makeover. The Minecraft DLs needs to listen to community feedback and start being active.

But just shut it down? The Nuclear Dawn division isnt more alive than the minecraft one. Plus, I have seen small minecraft communities go on for years before finally shutting down. Right now we can't just have a quick fix, but we need a complete makeover. The Minecraft DLs are also inactive.

I agree that we shouldn't just go ahead and shut it down, but we need a way to populate the server much more than just one person at a time. Actually, our only really populated division is TF2. Nuclear Dawn, Gmod, CS:GO (not including events), and Minecraft are all pretty much borderline inactive. It's summer, though. Plenty of people will be starting to get on their pc and join our servers, we just need to make them more appealing to the trend, but we don't need to go with the flow. I don't really know how to elaborate on the subject any further, but going ahead and removing a division is a big decision, we should at least try and populate them before cutting them off.

I agree that we shouldn't just go ahead and shut it down, but we need a way to populate the server much more than just one person at a time. Actually, our only really populated division is TF2. Nuclear Dawn, Gmod, CS:GO (not including events), and Minecraft are all pretty much borderline inactive. It's summer, though. Plenty of people will be starting to get on their pc and join our servers, we just need to make them more appealing to the trend, but we don't need to go with the flow. I don't really know how to elaborate on the subject any further, but going ahead and removing a division is a big decision, we should at least try and populate them before cutting them off.

wait wut csgo is inactive?

Its already 10 days into the break and noones on. You know somethings wrong by now.

Regardless, Mince does raise very good points, we will say though we are not planning to shut down MC anytime soon. We can afford it, and we are looking forward to see its potential with Amy + Hina

But just shut it down? The Nuclear Dawn division isnt more alive than the minecraft one. Plus, I have seen small minecraft communities go on for years before finally shutting down. Right now we can't just have a quick fix, but we need a complete makeover. The Minecraft DLs needs to listen to community feedback and start being active.

Like Aegean said (and I assumed earlier), the minecraft division is obviously not shutting down. I just think it would be a smart idea since it never goes anywhere, this has been the trend for a long time. You're insane if you think xG should continue to host empty minecraft servers. You're also nonsensical if you think xG should do another *complete makeover* for minecraft.

While we're at it Nuclear dawn is a dead game, however, it is managed and paid for by Sticks.

I agree that we shouldn't just go ahead and shut it down, but we need a way to populate the server much more than just one person at a time. Actually, our only really populated division is TF2. Nuclear Dawn, Gmod, CS:GO (not including events), and Minecraft are all pretty much borderline inactive.

I already iterated over Nuclear Dawn in a post above, afaik Gmod is under the same boat and Sticks doesn't have time for it. I also think Nuclear Dawn should be shutdown as a few months ago Sticks made a post in a thread somewhere stating along the lines of under 1000 players launching the game daily (literally a dead game). Gmod/CS:GO has seen a lot more success in previous revisions than minecraft. CS:GO also has very active events (which minecraft doesn't even have). I think CS:GO/Gmod can do well with a revamp, minecraft just isn't practical for obvious reasons.

Like Aegean said (and I assumed earlier), the minecraft division is obviously not shutting down. I just think it would be a smart idea since it never goes anywhere, this has been the trend for a long time. You're insane if you think xG should continue to host empty minecraft servers. You're also nonsensical if you think xG should do another *complete makeover* for minecraft.

While we're at it Nuclear dawn is a dead game, however, it is managed and paid for by Sticks.

I already iterated over Nuclear Dawn in a post above, afaik Gmod is under the same boat and Sticks doesn't have time for it. I also think Nuclear Dawn should be shutdown as a few months ago Sticks made a post in a thread somewhere stating along the lines of under 1000 players launching the game daily (literally a dead game). Gmod/CS:GO has seen a lot more success in previous revisions than minecraft. CS:GO also has very active events (which minecraft doesn't even have). I think CS:GO/Gmod can do well with a revamp, minecraft just isn't practical for obvious reasons.

ai.imgur.com_C6TteDA.thumb.png.5d667e2799300be8e50d0856699d54d2.png

Dawn was never alive to begin with. I still have faith in Minecraft, but the division staff is very inactive and does not listen to community feedback. There hasnt been an update since 2 months ago, and the plugins promised as never given.

[attach=full]30369[/attach]

Dawn was never alive to begin with. I still have faith in Minecraft, but the division staff is very inactive and does not listen to community feedback. There hasnt been an update since 2 months ago, and the plugins promised as never given.

Minecraft Suggestions/update Megathread | Page 4 | Xeno Gamers

I'm just going to assume you meant 2 weeks, not 2 months.