Exili

Question About Sniping From Spawn Rule

Yesterday, on one of the Surf arena maps i was a sniper scoped in at one spot just wanting to watch with zero intention of sniping anyone. An admin said that it is acceptable as long as i don't attempt to snipe others from my teams spawn. Today, i tried to do the same thing with no intention of sniping from spawn. However, a mod told me that i was sniping from spawn because i was scoped even though i wasn't aiming at anyone. I was aiming at a specific spot that allows me to see the action but with no intention of sniping opposing players and i did not fire even once.

Due to this possible misunderstanding, my question is this: If a sniper stays in their spawn, is it acceptable to zoom in at spot where they can see others shooting each other as long as the sniper does not fire at enemy players?

Yesterday, on one of the Surf arena maps i was a sniper scoped in at one spot just wanting to watch with zero intention of sniping anyone. An admin said that it is acceptable as long as i don't attempt to snipe others from my teams spawn. Today, i tried to do the same thing with no intention of sniping from spawn. However, a mod told me that i was sniping from spawn because i was scoped even though i wasn't aiming at anyone. I was aiming at a specific spot that allows me to see the action but with no intention of sniping opposing players and i did not fire even once.

Due to this possible misunderstanding, my question is this: If a sniper stays in their spawn, is it acceptable to zoom in at spot where they can see others shooting each other as long as the sniper does not fire at enemy players?

Im pretty sure that is allowed, the mod in question may of just told you that it was a rule if you weren't aware and most mods will think you are sniping from spawn if they see you scoping in even if you arent aiming at players.

Really good question. I generally like to wait for them to shoot just in case. If I feel like they're purposely not shooting to waste my time I tell them to cut it out. If they're doing what you're doing I generally just leave it.

I can 100% understand the mod who warned you however as it does alarm us and waste our time.

I think it is allowed, but it does cause a slight bit of hassle for the staff because, as Kypari said, it is a trigger for staff members.

Yeah, I'd figure it'd be fine unless you actually shot someone. A bit like how we're allowed to go into enemy spawns and it's fine, you're just not allowed hit/shoot anyone while you're there.