SegFault

You got anymore o them Javascripts?

Hey, I was just looking through the page source out of boredom and I noticed how slow a lot of the pages were to load. I understand a lot of this is due to the server its self but i was wondering if its at all possible to kind of collapse the number of JS files used on page load to reduce the distance traveled/number of relays the server has to do in order to load the page content? I obviously didn't write the site so I'm not sure about all the dependencies or the real structure of it but I was just curious as to if it would help anything. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ -Seg Fault

8 hours ago, Johny3Tears said:

Hey, I was just looking through the page source out of boredom and I noticed how slow a lot of the pages were to load. I understand a lot of this is due to the server its self but i was wondering if its at all possible to kind of collapse the number of JS files used on page load to reduce the distance traveled/number of relays the server has to do in order to load the page content? I obviously didn't write the site so I'm not sure about all the dependencies or the real structure of it but I was just curious as to if it would help anything. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ -Seg Fault

I'm looking into writing a combination script, but due to the site using HTTP/2 and the biggest feature of it being multiplexing, it doesn't really have any significant performance issues (but I'd love to reduce the number of requests per page anyways) so I wouldn't worry about it.

The reason the website is slow is due to the software and I've been posting bug fixes as fast as I can (newest one was due to reactions of all things lol) and not the JS. Another reason could be the new server host, but other applications are running much faster than before and this is the only new one, so it's probably this.

Regardless, I'm working on it.

bleeding GIF

8 minutes ago, Rhododendron said:

If you know PHP you could help lol

depending on what it is i might be able to. i dont have a ton of experience with it but i've worked with it a couple times

12 minutes ago, Johny3Tears said:

depending on what it is i might be able to. i dont have a ton of experience with it but i've worked with it a couple times

Well it would be in the nitty gritty of it, although I do need further styling on the website, and some javascript work done for Hub for some games and whatnot.