Counter-Strike
  • In-Game Name
    gb120233
  • Identity
    https://steamcommunity.co
  • Ban Type
    Server Ban
  • Information

So we were on the jailbreak server (clouds to be specific), while playing there were two players left, the warden was doing roulette, so i figured i had some time to go over to bhop and complete it before lr. Two days ago i found a steam discussions about "an easier way to bhop", ofcourse i was ready to read it, through the discussion it talked about mouse wheel scrolling and hyperscrolling, with them bunched together i supposed they were the same. Again, i thought that hyperscrolling was just another way to scrollwheel bhop, so i look at my mouse to see a button to do so. After the warden engaged in roulette, i though i had time to give it a try. (not knowing it was different from mouse scrollwheel, and the steam discussion said that many servers allowed them but to be careful) I clicked the button on my mouse and starting hopping around.. Next thing i know, im banned. Now knowing that it is indeed not allowed, i understand that i broke the server rules and deserve a punishment, however, i've been on this server for almost a year and people know that if i knew it was cheating, i wouldn't do it. I now know that hyperscrolling doesn't mean scroll wheel jumping, they're entirely different. I'm not going to use it again, and i've swapped mouses to one that doesn't have the function (logitech m310).

Edited by virr (see edit history)

"Hyperscrolling"/"free scrolling"/spinning a mouse wheel doesn't work in CSGO - it just ignores inputs if you spam them that quickly and you don't jump at all. It's also not explicitly disallowed on our servers, because there would be no point in doing so - past cheaters who have claimed they were banned for using it were actually using another form of macro or cheat.

It also could not possibly trigger SMAC.