Sign in to follow this  
Duplolas

Add Apply for Admin?

I was thinking about this last night as I realized how many mods we have now. I think we should have a place for Mods to post admin submissions. I know being promoted to admin is really up to the higher-ups, but I think that in some cases, some mods are overlooked. Or in other times, things that have done are overlooked as well, wether they are positive or negative.

So member submissions and mod submissions have their own restrictions on who can apply and who can +1 other people. For admins it would be anyone who could. This is so that everyone would be able to voice their opinions before the mod gets promoted, and if the higher-ups are not so sure about a mod being promoted, the community could help with their decisions.

Its an idea. I dont know how well it will work because in the end the higher-ups decide, but it would still help in their decisions.

No. If screw up mods have a terrible time with their status and have friends who like them. Guess what they get on their applications, "+1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1" and that isn't going to help our community. -1 to this.

No. If screw up mods have a terrible time with their status and have friends who like them. Guess what they get on their applications, "+1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1" and that isn't going to help our community. -1 to this.

This ^ -1

Just No.

First off, you have to earn a promotion to standard admin. your argument is that "some mods are overlooked." and that that is why they are not promoted. on the contrary they are not overlooked. in fact, when promo/demo comes Aegean comes in Teamspeak with ALL the divs. and they all present their lists of who they WANT promoted. from what to what. including people to admin or people from member to mod. and that is who they believe has improved over the time period of them receiving mod, or have been good players since they have seen them on the server. they then have a convo with aegean about it, and the rest of divs. and they remove names off the list for various reasons or add a name to it for others. and then a final list is written up that you see on promo/demo's.

they also take into account the opinions of people on STAFF who should be promoted to admin, because regular players cannot see everything. you have to have admin to see half the shit happening on the server. and that is also considered.

there is also turdniggaz statement that is true, you can have all your friends come in and +1 you even if they are just member. where as through the current system the ones who can physically see everything you do are the ones who vouch for you. if you think someone should be promoted to admin, voice your opinion by telling a div for that game, or aegean. and it will prob be discussed. -1 to this idea.

Side Note: You were demoted from PA. wondering if your motive for this is to try and get admin back.

Chrono pls just maek a simple answer instead of tl;dr

this isn't something that you make a simple answer to. yes turdwig did a very good 'simple' answer. yet mine goes in detail and explains exactly why we currently do not have a system like that, why it wont work, and why our system currently does work. so i leave you with this draxx.

Draxx pls

this isn't something that you make a simple answer to. yes turdwig did a very good 'simple' answer. yet mine goes in detail and explains exactly why we currently do not have a system like that, why it wont work, and why our system currently does work. so i leave you with this draxx.

Draxx pls

Capitalization would've been nice. <3

terrible idea the promo demo should be like it is they get admin if there good enough

Basicly what's been said by every1. You either get promoted or not you shouldnt have to apply for admin. You get it based on how good of a Mod you are. I've never gotten past mod and you dont hear me complaining just making jokes at aegean :D

The argument here is that some mods get overlooked..

Wouldn't the fact that they're being overlooked, enforce the fact that they don't do enough to become an admin?

Im sorry if I didn't express it well enough. Imeant this idea as more of a community rep idea. It would be that everyone who took part in the thread would be able to help the mod receive credit for some of the things that they have seen the mod do in the community that others would not. Like say, a member asks for a mod to get on but no one does, he's being trolled and wants a mod to intervene. Some mod who is friends with the player then gets on and helps the member. Because no one was around to see it happen, know one really knows about it. In the end the higher ups have more information to look at before they decide. This helps. It would be more there to commend or make aware of of what they have done. The community wouldn't be the judge of if they got admin or not.