Chicago

Crouch walking illegal?

I'm writing this because I believe crouch walking should be a completely valid tarp order after 5:00. I'm not saying you could make any ts go anywhere real with it, but leave it open to warden as an option for tarping. The warden could say, "Crouch walk to my spray." Kill all ts that were not doing it properly. Then (s)he could continue giving normal orders.

I'm not asking to let people do it before 5:00 or even to make it a real valid movement order, but it should be allowed to weed out ts that aren't paying attention.

Thoughts? comments? ideas?

Crouch-walking isn't a tarp order, it just straight-up isn't allowed, according to the MotD (I think you know this, though).

If it were to be allowed, you might catch a lot of Ts off-guard for the first week or two since the rule was implemented, but after that you would only begin to get a couple Ts. This was the case with the "guncheck freeze" order.

Not worth the trouble, if you ask me. Some wardens might use the order to delay the round for no reason.

In most cases it just causes a lot of confusion among Ts as well as CTs (If they have no deep knowledge of the motd rules).

60% of the time, the warden doesn't even Know that there is such a thing on CSS (confuses crouching with crouch walking which happens many times).

30% of the time the warden couldn't decide between shift walking and crouching so before they could process it in their fragile mind, they spat out "crouch walk".

The remaining 10% is, as you said, the tarp command where the person Knows what they're doing and saying and just wants to see the world burn.

I honestly don't see the need to implement this sort of 'tarpery' into the motd rules. If you have an insatiable urge to tarp, just play Simon Says to your heart's content.

- Dat guy, Forest

It would just lead to quite a bit of confusion and lost time during a round, even if in your example the spray was 5 feet in front of them.

What happens if the warden says:

- Jumping and standing is restricted. (All of the prisoners crouch)

- Now shift to this location.

Just curious.

Knowing some people, this would be abused massively.

"CROUCH WALK TO THE OTHER SIDE OF THE MAP PFFFFTTTT".

Good thought, but I think it would do more harm then good.