Sign in to follow this  
Warriorsfury

Major problem big reward!

The Problem:

So I have downloaded/got GTA IV (from steam) a while back but could not run it on decent fps. So now that x-mas has came I have gotten a better graphics card and more RAM. I can play it on max graphics (MOSTLY) with no problems at all.

So after awhile I install 3 mods and a few car skins to try LCPDFR. Starts to not work (Crashes). So I uninstall it all (Steam and go and delete every file possibly related) and reinstall. Still the same problem.

When it crashes:

Right after I hit play for GTA IV (Not liberty city stories (Thats dlc)) It shows a few pictures then starts with a black screen and starts loading in saying my next missions name at the bottom left. (Normal) After it is done loading it crashes completely. Completely closes no warning no information completely closed like if it was terminated in task manager processes tab.

The Reward

If anyone finds out HOW to fix this problem and IF it works I WILL (Keep my word on this or I will have myself banned for a day) I will donate $10 to the clan under your name for credits or a TS3 room. Or even a $10 (Max) game on steam. (Can be multiple games that add up to $10 also)

I REALLY want this fixed!

=Warriorsfury=

P.S: If it helps any:

[MEDIA=imgur]S2bmr[/MEDIA]

[MEDIA=imgur]Reibe[/MEDIA]

It crashes all the time or just sometimes?

When you start the game? Load a game? Start a new game? Start a mission? Randomly?

@@McNeo

Crashes ALL the time. when I hit play to LOAD the game save (Autosave) starts loading and seems to load fully but crashes IMMEDIATELY after done loading

@JayBreeze

I got rid of ALL mods because it worked then.

I cannot even start a new game.

Take this video for example:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tmSt5fmG34

At the start (Before the slide show) I hit play 2 times

1st time to pick if I want to play GTA IV or DLC I pick GTA IV

2nd time is to do multiplayer marketplace settings and some other shit and play

I hit play on both of them.

In the video AFTER THE SLIDE SHOW when it goes to a black screen and it says

"LOADING - [insertMissionNameHere]"

Right when it is done loading it brings me to my desktop with the game completely closed no trace of problem or anything.

Have you tried making a backup of your saved game(s), uninstalling, making sure all game content is deleted, rebooting, then reinstalling?

I know that running LCPDFR requires you to make a slight change on how you start gta iv. I had to go into the files and create a new shortcut, I'll look up how to do it again. Even though you uninstalled LCPDFR, it sounds like something was left over from that.