Dr.David

Xeno Gamers - Stats

This has all been tried before, either do something as a div manager/leader or your ideas are just typed words on a forum. Actions speak louder than words, we used to have community nights and they went well but they died about because no one else wants to run them. Step up and run something.

I'm too lazy to check when the dates are on those pictures because I'm already on page 2, but I beleive those are stats for the Winter. Don't we all expect Winter xG to be slow, since that's when all the kiddies have school and such? I know a couple dozen twelve year olds won't jump us up 300 places, but it's something to consider.

Winter xG > Summer xG

What about the possibility of a temporary sort of Time-table? It could possibly boost the activity on our extra servers. What I mean is, from a certain point in time to another, a server is "active" for a couple of hour(s), and then during the next couple of hour(s) another server is active. It would look something like this for example:

Counter Strike: Source

- (10:00 ~ 11:00) xG RPG Surf

- (12:00 ~ 1:00) xG Awp/Scout

- (1:00 ~ 2:00) xG Mini Games

- (2:00 ~ 3:00) xG Death Run

- Etc

This would allow a sizeable portion of our players to try out our new servers with a bunch of members, and it may even result in that server being slightly more popular then before (This time-table will only be there as a sort of test run, and will not be permanent). I mean, what do we got to lose?

If something like this Does happen (Should be on a Friday/Saturday/Sunday) we will need the full co-operation of our current CS:S staff members as well as active players to make this work. Any thoughts?

- Dat guy, Forest

Talked about this with Silence about 3 days ago with TF2. The new clan im joining uses a system with TF2 called Seeding. Basically they only use stock server maps, ones that you can be quick joined into. But to get players to quick join that server you must have atleast 10 players on the server. So what they have done is established a system in which those who "seed", which are those who play on the server before 10 players, get benefits, such as being able to buy donator perks.

I dont think this works for CS:S as you dont "quick join" servers on there. Though on CS:GO im pretty sure there actually is a quick join option. Maybe adding some stock map servers to CS:GO could help you guys out some more. Like my doing something similar.

- - - Updated - - -

We need programmers :| The big projects we wanna do are simply too expensive.

The only thing going for us is the community, since we aren't nearly as big as they are yet our forums and teamspeak are just as active.

Too expensive? Really? You tell me paying $44 a month for the WarZ server is chump change, but then say doing other projects is too expensive?