DarkWolf6052

Regarding the "Fun commands" in CS:S

I still feel that they should stay and be used accordingly. As most staff is mature enough to understand when it is allowed and not.

I agree 100% with this. Remember, most of us got to the positions we're in because we displayed enough maturity to be able to handle regulating the servers, so why are these fun commands an exception? If we have displayed that we can handle a server full of rulebreakers and not go on a crazy abusing-fest, then I'm pretty sure that we can handle the fun commands without abusing them. Plus, there is a clear difference between using them for fun or as a way to slay/punish (personally I think that !slap is a great way to warn a CT who is about to break a rule) and outright abusing fun commands (ex: altering gravity to escape T's/CT's, using !burn, !timebomb, or any other fun command to give yourself lr or kill the last CT, etc.) I think the fun commands should stay, and if admins are abusing the commands, then put up an abuse report and demote the abusive staff, instead of taking away these commands for everyone.

Maturity you say? Why were 5 staff members on the other day mass slapping players...you get something you aren't even suppose to have and you abuse it. If you would stop and think before you act and maybe even try to use them appropriately like creating new fun games for the server to have they might stay.

how the fuck can commands made for the server break the server? seeing how all of them have been used and abused in the past and recently by unsaid names

Silence has said commands such as !open cause undesired things on the server to break, such as if you do !open @all, it would end up opening more things than just the cell doors, which can in turn break the server.

@autumn

Regarding the !gravity command on Bhop, if I had it my way, I wouldn't mind if you guys were to be allowed to use it, but be required to do !stop to prevent you from cheating and getting an unfair World Record.

Maturity you say? Why were 5 staff members on the other day mass slapping players...you get something you aren't even suppose to have and you abuse it. If you would stop and think before you act and maybe even try to use them appropriately like creating new fun games for the server to have they might stay.

So when a couple of staff members are slapping each other because they were having a little fun, that is suddenly abusive, and our powers should be taken away from us because of that? If staff had been going around slapping every single person in the server, that would be "mass slapping" and there should be punishment for that. By your logic, staff who playfully/jokingly slay other staff should be demoted for abuse, yet for some reason we seem to be just fine with that. Once again, if staff are abusing the fun commands, just report them and have them demoted individually, instead of just demoting a staff member for using something like !burn @me or !slap @me 100 to kill themselves (or anything else along those lines)

Silence has said commands such as !open cause undesired things on the server to break, such as if you do !open @all, it would end up opening more things than just the cell doors, which can in turn break the server.

open is a third party plugin and there were some issues with maps and how the maps were made that caused the third party plugin to have issues with some of them. as well as sourcemod updates that nullified some pieces of the code.

Slap, burn etc. are all plugins that are made by the SM team, they will never be able to break the server, unless that version of sourcemod has a bug and that isn't the case for CSS right now.

Opening things other than cell doors also did not "break the server" it opened things it was not directly near because of flaws in the map design, or because a dead person was free spec'd near that door, what the problem was with it was again, the coding was out dated and caused issues with sourcemod. and again, the coding will never cause an issue with sm for commands like these as they are the base commands that come with sourcemod made by the sm team.

Go to: SourceMod: Half-Life 2 Scripting

Download any version of sourcemod

Open it up, navigate to addons/sourcemod/scripting/(funcommands, basecommands, playercommands) those are all the different kinds of commands that are included with the default plugins.

So when a couple of staff members are slapping each other because they were having a little fun, that is suddenly abusive, and our powers should be taken away from us because of that? If staff had been going around slapping every single person in the server, that would be "mass slapping" and there should be punishment for that. By your logic, staff who playfully/jokingly slay other staff should be demoted for abuse, yet for some reason we seem to be just fine with that. Once again, if staff are abusing the fun commands, just report them and have them demoted individually, instead of just demoting a staff member for using something like !burn @me or !slap @me 100 to kill themselves (or anything else along those lines)

I am saying that staff members aren't even suppose to have them let alone using them on each other and themselves. I never said anything about demotions anywhere in that post I was saying it is immature to do things like this since it sometimes disrupts the server and the people who want to just play with peace get angry. Jailbreak has become pretty bleak and boring to me at least and these new found powers can really make jailbreak more fun. Staff members doing it playfully is alright but when players start to complain/leave because of it, it should definitely cease. You can have fun yes but make sure to do your job when you are suppose to.

Work first then fun. YOU GOT MEH DIABEETUS!!! DO YOU!!! HUH BOIIIIII!!!

I KNOW YOU AND HELLAFUN STOLE MY POPTART YOU SON OF A BITCH!!!

As long as nobody has a problem with it, I really don't see it being a negative thing. If the admins want to fuck themselves with more admin commands, why not?

Uh, i say we should remove it, immature people will use it in the wrong ways (not saying im mature, i used it a bunch of times before this was up) so for the sake of the people not getting demoted, it should be removed.

Uh, i say we should remove it, immature people will use it in the wrong ways (not saying im mature, i used it a bunch of times before this was up) so for the sake of the people not getting demoted, it should be removed.

Well if they aren't mature enough to not abuse powers then they deserve the demotion and I have never heard of a clan restricting powers from there staff besides in xG

Co-Leads already advised us not to use any of the 'Fun' Commands, in which the result may be Demotion to Member Status, and unless they post otherwise, it'll just have to remain that way.

DO NOT QUESTION OUR SUPERIORS

Besides, it just gives those baddies another command to abuse if they ever feel like leaving, IE; smite@all. It will also only open up a whole can of worms where people will be protesting because they felt the situation warranted a slap/bomb, yada yada, gives us more work to deal with in the end. We already got the ability to smite, ain't that enough?