Sign in to follow this  
Matsi

Where is this rule about wardays?

So.... I am pretty sure there is no rule that states that CTs HAVE to be in warday areas by ANY given time, only that they cannot kill anyone while not in the warday area.

I am wondering why I have been slayed for getting to the warday area a few seconds late and then called names and told to read the motd, but the motd doesn't say anything about that and I have heard from other admins that the is no such rule.

So.... I am pretty sure there is no rule that states that CTs HAVE to be in warday areas by ANY given time, only that they cannot kill anyone while not in the warday area. I am wondering why I have been slayed for getting to the warday area a few seconds late and then called names and told to read the motd, but the motd doesn't say anything about that and I have heard from other admins that the is no such rule.

Yes, there is no rule about when CT's have to be in warday area, and you are also correct that any kills that a CT outside of the warday area gets are freekills, and will be punished accordingly. However, if you're a CT, just try to get to warday area by the time given. While CT's don't neccessarily have to be in the warday area exactly at the time given, they have to get there fairly quickly. The motd does say:

PARTICIPATION IS MANDATORY.

This means that both CT's and T's must be participating in the warday, so any CT's found outside of the warday area who are clearly just goofing off/not participating will be slayed.

Just to answer the question quickly, yes there is a rule, but no it is not explicitly stated. CT's do not have to be in the warday area at the exact time, however CT's must be actively participating in the warday, so any CT's caught outside the warday area for extended periods of time will be slayed. Unless you were outside of the warday area for a long time, the slay was unjust.

So.... I am pretty sure there is no rule that states that CTs HAVE to be in warday areas by ANY given time, only that they cannot kill anyone while not in the warday area. I am wondering why I have been slayed for getting to the warday area a few seconds late and then called names and told to read the motd, but the motd doesn't say anything about that and I have heard from other admins that the is no such rule.

Yes, there is no rule about when CT's have to be in warday area, and you are also correct that any kills that a CT outside of the warday area gets are freekills, and will be punished accordingly. However, if you're a CT, just try to get to warday area by the time given. While CT's don't neccessarily have to be in the warday area exactly at the time given, they have to get there fairly quickly. The motd does say:

PARTICIPATION IS MANDATORY.

This means that both CT's and T's must be participating in the warday, so any CT's found outside of the warday area who are clearly just goofing off/not participating will be slayed.

Just to answer the question quickly, yes there is a rule, but no it is not explicitly stated. CT's do not have to be in the warday area at the exact time, however CT's must be actively participating in the warday, so any CT's caught outside the warday area for extended periods of time will be slayed. Unless you were outside of the warday area for a long time, the slay was unjust.

Ya I was enforcing the "Ts leave at 7:00 thing and attempting to kill the ones that left early... at about 7:04 I stopped doing that and ran to the area, getting there at 6:51 and then being slayed by hella.

I'm not really sure how he even knew whether I was there or not since he was a T but...ya...

As a side note... it is extremely difficult to respect mods/admins when they don't respect you.

What Diabeetus said is right, and as i had said on the John post with you, if the warden says "Be in by ( )" then you have to be in the area by a given time, but if they dont say that, just be heading there, if they leave at 7: 00 and you got there 6: 51 it IS slayable since its a decent period of time, but it wouldnt have made a huge difference if you weren't killing ts. As far as i've seen through admin chat, other admins seem to have some "grudge" on you, idk why, but anyway, it wasnt really a freeslay, and he could have gotten a notice in admin chat "blah blah isnt here on time". And as said, there is no thing in the motd saying you have to be in at a certain time.

I don't understand why there would be anything wrong with not being in the area by the time given for Ts to leave cells... if you did have to be, there is NO way to enforce the order... and I don't see any reason to ever punish someone for not being in the warday area "on time" other than just to be an asshole...

But like you said shadow... there seems to be some admins that just have it out for me or something, I guess they are just jeleous that I get all the cock so they try to be assholes so they can have some too :)

Here's the way I think of it.

Participation is mandatory, which I'm sure you agree with. To participate, you must be in the warday area. When T's leave their cells, warday has begun. Being outside of the area when it begins means you cannot be participating, thus you are breaking a rule in the motd.

By that, you must be in the warday area by the time T's leave their cells to participate in it, thus being slayable.

Here's the way I think of it.

Participation is mandatory, which I'm sure you agree with. To participate, you must be in the warday area. When T's leave their cells, warday has begun. Being outside of the area when it begins means you cannot be participating, thus you are breaking a rule in the motd.

By that, you must be in the warday area by the time T's leave their cells to participate in it, thus being slayable.

By that logic... all the CTs should be slain on the wardays without times given to leave cells or when they can leave as soon as cells open if they aren't in the warday area?

Again, this comes down to not having every single detail written in the motd. If cells are open without a time given, CT's need to make an effort to go to the area ASAP. If a time is given, CT's are required to go to the area.

@@Link! said it better than i could when the thread about john was there, basically it is a warday and Ts can leave their cells at 7:00 anyone leaving before 7 is a rebel and he even verified that there was never a rule saying CTs must be in warday area by the time given for Ts to legitimately leave the cells but it is implied you should be making your way to warday at that point. as well as if a person left before 7, say at 7:03 and you were shooting them, just because it is 6:59 now and you are shit at aiming, does not make them not a rebel, and if you killed them then, it was also said that you are not freekilling.

terrible way of saying what he said, but hey, gay boy aegean is da bez

@@Link! said it better than i could when the thread about john was there, basically it is a warday and Ts can leave their cells at 7:00 anyone leaving before 7 is a rebel and he even verified that there was never a rule saying CTs must be in warday area by the time given for Ts to legitimately leave the cells but it is implied you should be making your way to warday at that point. as well as if a person left before 7, say at 7:03 and you were shooting them, just because it is 6:59 now and you are shit at aiming, does not make them not a rebel, and if you killed them then, it was also said that you are not freekilling.

terrible way of saying what he said, but hey, gay boy aegean is da bez

So I was right and shouldn't have been slayed, I stopped shooting at them at 7:03 and was trying to get to the area...

Whoever slayed Matsi is an idiot. Don't give a "T's can't leave cells before this time" if you are gonna enforce the fact that CT's must be in the war day area before a certain amount of time as well.

Believe it or not, it takes time to walk to locations past the cell area and if CT's wanna catch derp T's who wanna leave cells earlier since they have a huge E-Peen, don't slay the CT's enforcing Warden's rule to the T's of not leaving cells before X:XX. I have no idea who started this "oh just slay any CT not at warday yet" cuz that's just stupid. If CT's get caught out of warday and get chased by T's, it makes it more fun since the T's are all rushing the CT and the CT is scared and just trying to get into warday to shoot some T's. If a CT shoots a T while he's not in warday, then slay him.

This was abuse just like Rabid's ban as Rabid has done nothing wrong.

Adding to the whole Warday thing here, I've always wondered how everyone else felt on this (pardon my partially off-topic post):

Let's say the map is jb_electric_razor. Warday in Pool. Warden says that Ts may leave their cells at 7:00. A CT stays behind to make sure the Ts are complying with the orders. A T then starts shooting the CT while he is still in his cell, and the CT kills the T for attacking him/her, thereby making them a "rebel".

That's the scenario. Has the CT done anything wrong? If yes, Why? If no, Why Not?

Also, pertaining to the thread:

As Chrono and Aegean stated, if the CT physically saw the T out of their cell before the time given to leave cells, well that's the T's own damn fault. They may still be killed for leaving cells early if they were seen, even if the CT has lousy accuracy and doesn't kill them till after the time they are allowed to leave the cells. Give some of the CTs some slack, it's not like they're breaking rules by making sure Ts aren't leaving cells until they can. Leave the slays for the CT who stays behind and attempts to mow down the Ts due to confusion and lack of knowledge of Wardays.

+1 freeslay, no rule like matsi says in OG post, but chrono hit it 100% with aegeans(cum master) repost

#edit

#free rabeed

Adding to the whole Warday thing here, I've always wondered how everyone else felt on this (pardon my partially off-topic post):

Let's say the map is jb_electric_razor. Warday in Pool. Warden says that Ts may leave their cells at 7:00. A CT stays behind to make sure the Ts are complying with the orders. A T then starts shooting the CT while he is still in his cell, and the CT kills the T for attacking him/her, thereby making them a "rebel".

That's the scenario. Has the CT done anything wrong? If yes, Why? If no, Why Not?

I have been on both sides of this many times... I usually will shoot back at the T if they dmg me before the time given to leave cells, or if they are running after me instead of getting guns from armory(specially when dumbass wardens open cells at the start of round and let them leave now)... mostly I try and scare them off cause I am not sure if i would be allowed to kill them.

I have also been that T that shoots at a CT from inside my cell, and I completely expect to get shoot back...

Overall... it's a fucking game, it's supposed to be fun, and stuff like that along with other smartass rebeling is fun for me xD

Sign in to follow this  

• Who Viewed the Topic

3 members have viewed this topic:
    Fink Chrono jaygoki