Hidingmaster

Late Night Jailbreak - Suggestions/Comments/Feedback

i thought it was fucking amazing. lot of fun and lots of laughs for me of course. ranging all from the unmuting the dead all the way to scuba wardening when he was dead loool.

I haven't had the time to get on during one of these nights, so I honestly don't have a valid opinion other than from what I've heard (can't believe not a single person demo'd @@Matsi ). Again, there are two different sides to the story from my perspective as not being on.

First and foremost, there hasn't been a single Member Protest or Report Abuse thread that has risen from this event. Now that's good, it means people are having a good time and don't feel like it's going over the top to the point where they have to report anyone.

Second, it seems that people are having fun. However, almost 90% of our Members saying they had fun and were enjoying the event, are in a position of power. Now I'm not saying this event is a terrible occurrence, at least you guys are getting the right idea (sort of) of playing leisurely. The problem here, is that I haven't exactly seen a single player/member (aside from IAmLegend and Jaybreeze) who is not in a position of power, post their opinion on the night. That's only two, two from a supposed "full server". Now I can't exactly base my intel on this alone, as I'm sure a lot of randoms/frequenters barely ever get on our forums, let alone post on them. But be that as it may, I'm finding it that our Staff Members aren't taking into account the players who have no powers, and who have to deal with the smiting/slaying/free killing.

Quite honestly, if I were a new player who just hopped on and I was greeted by being freekilled, slain, smitten, I'd be pretty reluctant to leave and find a more controlled environment. Again, don't take this the wrong way, but there is a way where you can still have fun by breaking rules without the abuse of your powers. As Jay so perfectly pointed out, a community night is where everyone can have fun and relax without fear of being punished or frowned upon, but this doesn't mean you can abuse the hell out of your powers. Try to think of it this way: "If I'm about to smite @all, will everyone else around me enjoy it as much? Or will I be the only one?"

Please, try to keep your powers in check. It's great that you guys are having a great time, but the point of this sort of thing is to share laughs with others, not just yourself. Don't abuse or do something stupid that you think is hilarious, because chances are, not everyone will feel the same way. Take into account the players/members who have no power to do what they want and are at the mercy of our Staff Members.

TL;DR - Haven't ever been on for this event, but judging on the info I have at my liberty, it's a gong-show. Try to keep the power abuse to a minimum, make up new days, be creative. A Community Night is intended for everyone to have fun, not just yourself.

- Dat guy, Forest

I haven't had the time to get on during one of these nights, so I honestly don't have a valid opinion other than from what I've heard (can't believe not a single person demo'd @@Matsi ). Again, there are two different sides to the story from my perspective as not being on.

I work Saturday nights and I was fucking tired last night cause I was up at like 2am until I got home from work around midnight...

I went in there last week tho... seems like a fun thing so long as people aren't total douchebags....

I do think that maybe someone should make a plugin or something so that it's more obvious.... when I joined i was like WTF WHY ARE YOU GIVING INVALID ORDERS!!!! WTF WHY AM I DEAD!!!

I suggest something that announces in game every round or 2-3 times a round what is going on and maybe changes the MOTD page to display information about it while it's going on and then switch it back afterwards.

First and foremost, there hasn't been a single Member Protest or Report Abuse thread that has risen from this event. Now that's good, it means people are having a good time and don't feel like it's going over the top to the point where they have to report anyone.

- Dat guy, Forest

:sneaky: >:) I'm saving all my demos of the abuse for later so I can make ban requests/abuse reports with the evidence and noone will be the wiser MUAHAHAHAHAHA :sneaky: >:)

If you want tho, I will try and get on this next weekend and get some demos and maybe make some youtube videos of it.