Hidingmaster

Late Night Jailbreak - Suggestions/Comments/Feedback

But when its a night to just have fun and care less about the rules, whats so wrong amount having multiple wardays in a row? Who is it hurting? Every other day we follow the rules as closely as we can, I think staff members deserve a little fun every once in a while. If we still have to worry about getting demoted, slayed, banned or anything else for breaking a rule on a fun night... whats the point of it?

But when its a night to just have fun and care less about the rules, whats so wrong amount having multiple wardays in a row? Who is it hurting? Every other day we follow the rules as closely as we can, I think staff members deserve a little fun every once in a while. If we still have to worry about getting demoted, slayed, banned or anything else for breaking a rule on a fun night... whats the point of it?

when it's one day, but the idea is that every late night should be a little more lenient, but you can't just say break rules at x time... leniency and allowing rule breaking are different

Why is there such a heated debate going on about this? The CS:S Division and it's Staff decided to have a fun night with the permission of the Co-Leader as well as the Division Manager(s). Whether or not it's making a "mockery" of anything is irrelevant. There clearly weren't any objections or complaints from the players/members who participated in the event (at least none that anyone is providing).

If for some reason this managed to bring a whole slew of players to the server, who cares that it's unorthodox? Point is people are having fun, the server is getting populated, and no one seems to have any discrepancies. I'm going to be 100% honest in saying I'd be iffy about the abuse of powers, but I sincerely doubt our Staff is naive or ill-formed enough to target non-members or new players (with the exclusion of the occasional slay @all or smite @all). As far as I see it, I haven't seen a single Ban Request or Report Abuse sprout up in either section of the forums regarding the event. If it truly had gotten out of hand, at least one thread would have been made regarding it.

Honestly guys, calm down. It was given the go-ahead and our Division Managers were there to monitor the occasion. What more do you want? Because this may or may not be a "touchy" subject to some, this will be my only post. I won't be replying to anyone unless it's outside of the forums. Going to try to keep this thread on topic and leave my opinion since everyone else is. Hopefully I'll be around for the next!

- Dat guy, Forest

Why is there such a heated debate going on about this? The CS:S Division and it's Staff decided to have a fun night with the permission of the Co-Leader as well as the Division Manager(s). Whether or not it's making a "mockery" of anything is irrelevant. There clearly weren't any objections or complaints from the players/members who participated in the event (at least none that anyone is providing).

If for some reason this managed to bring a whole slew of players to the server, who cares that it's unorthodox? Point is people are having fun, the server is getting populated, and no one seems to have any discrepancies. I'm going to be 100% honest in saying I'd be iffy about the abuse of powers, but I sincerely doubt our Staff is naive or ill-formed enough to target non-members or new players (with the exclusion of the occasional slay @all or smite @all). As far as I see it, I haven't seen a single Ban Request or Report Abuse sprout up in either section of the forums regarding the event. If it truly had gotten out of hand, at least one thread would have been made regarding it.

Honestly guys, calm down. It was given the go-ahead and our Division Managers were there to monitor the occasion. What more do you want? Because this may or may not be a "touchy" subject to some, this will be my only post. I won't be replying to anyone unless it's outside of the forums. Going to try to keep this thread on topic and leave my opinion since everyone else is. Hopefully I'll be around for the next!

- Dat guy, Forest

Forest. Keeping the peace since 1995.

Thank you.

People seem to be either ignoring, or not seeing this, so i will just quote it.. again..

What I was saying is that staff members very well knew that they could do almost anything with their powers (common sense tells you what they weren't allowed to do still), but they had enough maturity to not push the limits.

Anyway, Stop worrying. The night the "Late Night Jailbreak" happened...

The server's population increased overtime quite a lot..

There was no complaint from members in-game, Just a lot of laughter..

Most of the slaying, freekilling was on other staff members, Because staff just like to freekill eachother..

This day was approved, apparently..

No staff are gonna do anything to affect the server majorly (constant smite all, kick all, etc) with common sense, Plus we can just kick another staff member if we feel they are going too far, which they are probably allowed to do(?)

Everyone was having fun, It was something different than constant rule following all week long, It's one night.

If you can use powers that night, dont be afraid to use powers during regular server hours either.

As uncle ben once said, "the force is strong in this one."

I will be continuing Late Night Jailbreak next Saturday night (July 13th). Please note that the time has changed to 11: 30 EST (This is an effort to avoid entering a highly populated server).

A few changes for this week:

1) smite @all command: It is highly advised that you do not use this power, it doesn't necessarily mean a ban, but to keep it under control please refrain from using it.

2) Important: If you have a complaint about something occurring, whether it be excessive abuse, DDOS threats, or something of the sort Contact me via Steam. I will not tolerate verbal complaints during the middle of a game, this was an issue last time and cause arguing over public voice chat. This looks bad upon of staff members, creates a hostile environment, and ruins the fun. I will respond to ALL complaints appropriately. If you feel as though a Division Manager or higher needs to handle the situation, then contact them. But remember, I am responsible in part for what goes on, and I will take every effort to make sure it is a smooth and fun night. I ask that if DM's receive complaints, that I am at least notified that there is an issue. (If you have a problem with this, fine, do whatever you feel is necessary. I am just trying to make a more controlled and organized environment to handle complaints.)

3) Do not ban another player for an inappropriate reason.

4) Please refrain from using racism, it doesn't present xG in a professional manner.

5) Staff members will play at their own risk. We assume you have some common sense in what is allowed, and what is still restricted. (Threats, racism, serious disrespect, constant mass freekilling, abuse deemed inappropriate by DM's+, banning players, ignoring warnings are all examples of things that can and will get you punished.) Do not enter the server assuming you are exempt from punishment, you will be warned if you are violating rules, but if you continue to act in an inappropriate manner there will be consequences. This is not meant to scare you, but just to let you know that I, as well as the rest of xG expect that you are mature enough to handle this event. I would like to keep it as fun as it was last saturday night and this was an unwritten statement, everyone there knew this in the back of their minds. I am simply putting it here to quell any issues that may arise down the road.

============================================================

I will not be tagging people at this time to inform them of this post, but I will be letting the server know occasionally to join us on Saturday night. Please notify your friends if you feel so inclined, the more people we have the more fun it will be. I may post once more prior to the event tagging those I know are interested if the need arises.

________________________________________________________________________________________

If you have questions, comments, concerns, or suggestions just pm me either on the forums or through steam.

wait we cant be racist? wtf is the point of this night

I didnt really care... but people were mad about it last time

Looked like only cristo cared, because he was confused about the day.. afterwards he found out it was approved O.o

(that' the ONLY person who i've seen complain about it)

Staff was given full power to smite @all and/or mass freekill. But they had common sense to not do so.

New players joined the server and enjoyed it rather than complaining. They actually loved the environment of people.

This was my problem considering what happened to me.

Staff was given full power to smite @all and/or mass freekill. But they had common sense to not do so.

New players joined the server and enjoyed it rather than complaining. They actually loved the environment of people.

I don't see why that should affect a night in which permission was given. You broke the rules when you knew there was going to be consequences. Different situations.

I don't see why that should affect a night in which permission was given. You broke the rules when you knew there was going to be consequences. Different situations.

They are very much different situations. And I would like to say I did not break the rules at this time mainly because they CHANGED to rules right after making my smite valid. Sure it should have been a different way, I just went the louder route. Gkoo says staff are allowed to smite at all but they know better. I'm getting two messages here. He can let his friends do it and they will not get in trouble, or if someone he hates does it he can ban and demote them. Sure he would not do that but it should be changed.