Jordozombie

So another issue about vent camp

MoTD Rules state that neither Ts nor CTs are permitted to Vent Camp. This includes the following:

- Sitting in a cell that has a vent

- Camping within a vent

- Walking back and forth within a vent with no intention of leaving

- Sitting beside any form of teleport, entrance or exit point(s). (IE. Vending Machine)

This is how vent camping is defined in the motd:

-Vent Camping: Staying in a vent or hidden area deemed heap by admins with no intent of coming out. A player cannot repeatedly walk back and forth in the vent to avoid a slay. They are still camping the vent.

It says "a player", not "only CT's cannot". It's plainly put forward in the motd that no one is allowed to vent camp, no if's, and's or but's. If we allowed for T's to vent camp, they could just stay in a hard to reach/unknown vent for the entire round (ex: camping in the vent with the force field on Blackout), or wait for a CT to come around the corner or enter an area through a vent and knife him in the back once he comes through.(ex: camping the in the corner in disco on Carceris, waiting for CT's to tele in). All in all, no one can camp a vent, it's explicitly says that in the motd, and anyone that says otherwise is wrong.

Guys, when I play for the Ts, if I feel like rebelling I stay in my cell and wait for CTs to go with the other Ts and then I run around rebelling. There should be an exception for those Ts who, by some chance, end up in a vent cell but don't wanna make use of the vent. If the vent is open, it should be considered vent camping and result in a slay, but if the T is just sitting there waiting for CTs to leave and the vent is close, that should just be considered as just rebelling (ignoring the vent).

Just my 2 cents.

The reasons that a CT cannot vent camp (as in being in the cell a vent is in or "blocking the way to a vent") don't really apply to Ts...

A CT cannot camp vent cells/block the way to a vent because this makes it impossible for a T to rebel... however, a T doing it doesn't change anything, since CTs shouldn't be randomly trying to run into the vents instead of being with the Ts, unless they are rebel hunting, in which case they likely find the rebel that is "camping the vent cell" just as they would if the rebel was camping anywhere else.

TL;DR just use a little bit of common sense when judging whether someone deserves a slay or not, and try not to interfere with the fun/flow of the game if it really isn't necessary.

Well I mean, to the extent that a Terrorist can camp a vent. If a Terrorist spawns in a vent cell and does not wish to go through it (cell doors are closed as orders are being given as well) then it's kind of common sense that you would exclude that one Terrorist from camping a vent.

Well, What happened to jordo that made this thread..

A T rebelled, got a gun, and ran into the vent cell, camping and waiting for us to enter to slaughter us

After a while, Jordo got killed by the camping T and slayed the T for "Vent camping"

The vent was most likely not open, as far as i know

I didn't really know, but what made most sense for me is just to say OK.

If a Terrorist spawns in a vent cell and does not wish to go through it (cell doors are closed as orders are being given as well) then it's kind of common sense that you would exclude that one Terrorist from camping a vent.

Yes, the cells were open for quite a while, and the Ts were suppost to do other orders. The T ran in, camped, and did not wish to come out/break & go into the vent.

the cells were open for quite a while, and the Ts were suppost to do other orders. The T ran in, camped, and did not wish to come out/break & go into the vent.

Then yes, I would say this is considered Vent Camping (as defined by our MoTD Rules) and is punishable by slay.

Hey.

How about...

Who cares.

And play the game to whatever makes the server run smoothly.

At that moment.

• Who Viewed the Topic

2 members have viewed this topic:
    MrAwesome104 Brian