xShadowSpyx - Counter-Strike: Source

Division:

Counter-Strike: Source

In-Game Name:

ShadowSpy

Steam ID:

STEAM_0:1:30352392

Information:

I wasn't banned, but theres no real section for this so....

First things first, i ask you not immediately close this, if it turns into a flame war, just ban the person doing it.

Second, this isn't off of me personally, people keep telling me i shouldn't be demoted for what I did, so im making it.

Alright, to start, ill say what the demote reason was

Loopholing- Finding an exploit in a rule, and using it to your advantage

Not listening to DMs- thats self explanatory

What i'll admit to - I did get warned about doing warday in certain invalid areas, and proceeded to do so anyway, the DMs had a talk with me about it on forums through private conversation, and on teamspeak once, so I can't say I wasn't warned for that.

What I think was wrong about the demote - Even though I did the wardays in the invalid areas i.e race on tile, it has two spots to go in, but only one can be open at a time, opening one closes the other, deathrun on blackout(which is a valid spot imo, but was told not to because it could cause freekills), and a few more i dont remember off the top of my head, but i still did them. If any regular warden did that they'd be CT banned ( for however many times he did it, and for how severe they were ) The punishment shouldn't be demote just because i'm an admin.

As for the loopholing part - *STRAIGHT FROM THE MOTD* - "First/last reaction cannot be played to determine lr."

So i'm doing a round of wardening on sand, theres maybe 8 to 10 Ts , I say i'm going to do trivia to exclude 2 Ts from Fr/Lr, so 2 Ts get excluded, 1 being @@SonicRainbow , and 1 other who I dont remember, then i do first reaction last reaction with the main group, there is 2 ts that i excluded alive, and 2 ts still playing alive, note that you can't do it for LR. So with the 2 unexcluded Ts, i get rid of one more, making 2 excluded alive and 1 of the main group, darkwolf then slayed me and said "You can't do that with 2 Ts" (Which is found nowhere in the rules), I ended up doing it again on some other map, Then I was accused of loopholing for doing that, even though loopholing is exploiting a rule, I only looked for what I could do, and acted upon it.

Thats basically it, im only asking for an un-demote since the stuff I was demoted for was invalid ( the loopholing part was invalid) and the Invalid warday parts (not listening to DMs) was taken too far, when at most that should only be a CT ban, for the amount of times i've done it i'd say a week or month CT ban. You also can't just not acknowledge the fact that im currently the most/second most active admin, and that i've been playing xG longer than all the current CS:S Mods, admins, DMs, and our CS:S Div leader .

@@DarkWolf6052 @@Gkoo @@Forest @@HighSociety @@Hidingmaster

EDIT: I want to add something. I don't want anyone +1'ing this for the sole reason of being my friend give a reason please, and likewise i would hope people dont -1 for the reason of being my enemy, or that your "friend doesnt like me so you shouldnt like me either".

Give your true and honest opinion on the situation

Shadow is one of the most fun/active players in CSS and i always enjoy rounds that he wardens or even his presence as a T or CT. He is always answers the questions people ask about the servers or MOTD, and always controls the server (i.e. slaying freekillers, muting trolls, etc; ) making him one of the best moderators (should be admin) to play with. As for the loopholing accusation nobody really complains about it so why make such a big deal about it. Althogh I can not speak about the not responding to DM's i can say that shadow is very respectful to everyone that ive seen interact with. A promotion to his original rank of admin is well deserved in this situation. +1

he is the most active admin on!!! still I am confuse of why you got demoted also. Active as fuck and actually does an amazing job as admin. He is a long time admin. I also do fr/lr when 3 ts alive but 2 ts arent rebelling. I feel that is not a loophole. In the MOTD it states you can not do this for lr. well 3 people alive its not being done for lr. #repromoteshadowspy2013. Once again no admin mod or DM is as active as shadowspy. Come on guy stop hatting on shadowspy. You guys are trying so hard to get him demoted. Im not taking anyones side btw. I love both partys. I might just like one party a tiny bit more.

Shadow has been a member (and probably an admin too) for a long-ass time, and likely knows what he's doing.

I'm confused whether the FR LR part was valid, Same with the warday areas.

Shadow has helped me for a while since i got mod (Questions, letting him deal with stuff that i have no clue about, etc)

Honestly, He knows more than i do and i'm an admin. He was also extremely active on the servers, Helping people out and making it more fun.

As for "doing FR-LR for LR", I'm confused on whether it means literally GET LR, or deciding who gets LR ( but not 100% guaranteed ) while the other ones rebel.

+1 for re-promotion. But still, I don't see much wrong with what he did, Other than a few accidents people may not have known about.

The other T that got the trivia was Nutella who picked me <3 @@nutellasoswag

First thing is first, @@DarkWolf6052 Don't get mad at this thread please.

Second. The invalid warday areas shouldn't come close to a demotion for if he's a ct, then should be rewarded with a ct ban. If you would think on my level (which no one does) I wouldn't even say that it should be a ct ban. When I first joined to be a mod, you guys kept saying that's its okay to abuse a little bit, even though I was highly not suited for abuse. So if everyone can abuse a little bit, why can't he do an invalid warday spot everyonce in awhile. I would rather see invalid wardays (probably since wardays suck) than people abusing all chat and muting.

Third. Fr/Lr In this situation there shouldn't have been a slay. There shouldn't have been pickles up my ass. Scratch that. I asked Serbian this before and he said that if there's more than two's ts out in the map, Fr/Lr is allowable. Even in this situation the T who got to beat Fr/Lr wouldn't have gotten Lr. He would have gotten a step closer to getting Lr than the other t's that died from the game. There's no such thing as Favoritism other than Last Request, and in this case there wasn't any Favoritism at all because a T had to answer a trivia question to get out as well as picking a partner ..(Me <3) to get out of the game.

That being said, there wasn't really any looping, and I don't see any problems of why he was Demoted.

@@xShadowSpyx I am your friend but I stated my truthful opinion about your demotion.

@@DarkWolf6052 I am also your friend but Shadow wouldn't ever abuse as much as some of the other staff members.. *Cough* Mythic, Jordo, Echo....

So for my final decision I think Shadow should be promoted again. +1

Last - YOU TWO NEED TO STOP FIGHTING. MAKE UP, KISS EACH OTHER, FUCK EACH OTHER'S DICKS. YOU TWO ARE LIKE SUPERKILLER AND WARRIOR. God damn I'm cute <3

@@SonicRainbow dont relate to me. i tried he rejected me :O anyway what rainbow said. Okay so that mean the loophole of fr/lr is invalid. and wardays deserved a ct ban only . so dont hate me but i would like to see him promoted. Me and rainbow hated each other like crazy. and one day me and him kissed and made up :) be friends this is a friendly community. Lets love not hate. #promotemyniggashadowspy

You were warned previously twice about the invalid warday spots. After us discussing the first time, involving the discussion about your "trust days", which you did stop, you continued the invalid warday spots. You even chose a spot that we said the first time was invalid.

This is the first invalid area you chose that you repeated after us warning you not to do so:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HW0_4VPJcUo

And then, the next time you did a warday, you did one on top of a medic station. This was on the same map. It was yet another invalid area; on top of a prop.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-u5iMJw0Ctw

Now, we had warned you previous through the race warday, because the race can only have one entrance open at a time.

Also, days you have stopped, but we also had to warn you multiple times in the past were "trust days"

Location on a certain map was in front of armory on Station, and you mentioned you "trusted" the Ts not to run inside. All but 3-4 of the Ts ran inside of armory, and the 3-4 non rebellers that stayed on your spray, were freekilled. Here is one of the locations. My spray is where you put your spray and had them stand.

687474703a2f2f6934312e74696e797069632e636f6d2f3275787a6d6d752e6a7067

Aside from this, the next round you tried the same thing, but had them stand right at the black/yellow line at the same place. This was after I told you not to do this again.

And then, on BlackOut, you also did the original "trust days" in Death Run, standing on this location, and "trusted" the Ts not to run and activate the dinosaur. One time in the past, a CT ran in there and caused a mass map kill, which resulted in a teamban on his part.

My spray was on the part around where you had them stand. The red line represents around the trigger for the dinosaur.

687474703a2f2f6934322e74696e797069632e636f6d2f323632336237622e6a7067

About your FR/LR day with two Ts involved, having two others sit out, here was my previous reply that I still stand by.

You can't do FR/LR to determine LR, meaning two Ts can't be the only ones playing. That's exactly the same thing. You had two Ts sitting out so they didn't have to play, and two Ts actively participating in the FR/LR. I'd call that a loophole because you're finding your way around the rule not to play for LR.

-1. I don't plan on immediately re-promoting you. You are a very good admin, yes. But, you ignored us after warnings. We shouldn't have had to tell you more than once, especially on the same map spots. Gkoo and I had discussed it together on Teamspeak and finally had enough. You had been warned, and ignored our warnings, so we demoted you to moderator.

@@Hidingmaster @@Gkoo

-Dat furfag DarkWolf6052

@@DarkWolf6052 , as far as the one on medic goes, there was no previous rule stating it couldn't be on a spot like that, and I took yours and forest's word on that by not doing it afterwards. Then again it is still an area, just a small one, I also wouldn't exactly consider it a prop i.e. a chair that you can jump on that moves around, the tiny medic is still a stationary part of the map, and the top of it is a small rectangular area, cheap for the CTs, but valid

The trust day on blackout I stopped doing after warrior came on and said you said "No" on teamspeak when cristo had complained about it on the server, on station the second time I put my spray near there was farther away, and I had sent them into the ST room, I did do a trust day part on station the first time, but there is nothing wrong with the trust day on station, its 100% the Ts choice to rebel, Me saying " I trust Ts not to run into armory" is pretty much(not 100%, but its also not telling them TO do it)the same as saying "Don't run into armory." With the logic that we cant send Ts into an area where they can possibly rebel, we can't send them to big cage if big cage if it has a vent, fuck we cant even send them around the map, they almost always have a chance to rebel, whether it be running from CTs, talking over warden, anything, now that's only with the logic your using. If I told a CT I trust him not to freekill, that in no way says or implies me saying "Go freekill!"

The one trust day on blackout IS wrong since they are teamkilling, so I can see that now.

On the race on tile, yeah I disobeyed what you guys said , and did a warday there once after you said no.

As far as warday in deathrun gates on blackout goes, it IS a valid spot, just one that can cause confusion or freekilling (even though any warday can cause freekilling if you have a dumb enough CT)

@@orangejuice I think you should re-read the loophole thing I did, none of it caused mass confusion, nobody was confused by it, nor having a problem with it other than darkwolf. Also note the fact, that I did this stuff as a CT, therefore my punishment should be CT ban related. I'm not saying you can't keep your opinion, go right ahead, I'm just pointing out those days I did did not relate to my admin powers other than 2 things, which are CT bannable.

I'm not saying I did absolutely nothing wrong (Obviously I did, and wont deny it) , but half of those things there are either invalid (i.e.- The loop holing, the station trust day) , or CT ban worthy rather than a demote (Things that I did that are valid reasons to CT ban - The warday in tile race, trust days on blackout deathrun). Lets say I'm a CT and you warn cts "Don't bait", then I bait, what you are doing is jumping straight for the ban, instead of a slay. If any normal player did an invalid warday after being told not to, he'd be CT banned, just because I'm an admin, doesn't mean that you can skip the proper steps to dealing with a CT breaking rules. This was established on chronos abuse thread on you, he may have been a div, but you didn't follow the proper steps, which is the same in this case . I broke rules as A CT, nothing I did related to my admin powers in any way, It's like if a CT freekills, but you gag him for freekilling instead of a slay, the gag is something COMPLETELY irrelevant to the freekill, just as a Demote is irrelevant to me breaking rules as a CT(Unless CT banned first). I'd gladly accept a week, or even month CT-ban rather than a demotion for something that has nothing to do with my admin powers.

Now, lets say you guys DID warn me, then CT-ban me, a demotion would be 100% valid if I did anything after that CT ban, without a doubt, and I would have 0 reason to protest it.

If I were not to get re-promoted after this thread, and it were to turn out being denied, im not one of those people who will go act all childish and leave xG over it, or give up my powers, spent way too much time earning them for that, I'd still try and re-earn it, which is what I was going to do, except a few people said I should make one of these threads.

Sorry if I came out as offensive to any of you, im just trying to make my point, and that happens sometimes.

TL;DR - I understand this is lengthy, but posts like these always come up on threads like this, don't like it, don't view these types of threads. I'll only TL ; DR the actually bad things I did (in my personal opinion) - Warday on Tile in race, only 1 entrance is openable at a time, didn't notice til they told me that. Trust days on blackout deathrun (Granted I did stop after being told, BUT I still did it before, and caused mass teamkills) Those are the VALID reasons anything should happen, other than that these other things are not bad, and you can read why in my post.

On the race on tile, yeah I disobeyed what you guys said , and did a warday there once after you said no.

This. You disobeyed Division Managers warnings.

I broke rules as A CT, nothing I did related to my admin powers in any way, It's like if a CT freekills, but you gag him for freekilling instead of a slay, the gag is something COMPLETELY irrelevant to the freekill, just as a Demote is irrelevant to me breaking rules as a CT(Unless CT banned first). I'd gladly accept a week, or even month CT-ban rather than a demotion for something that has nothing to do with my admin powers.

There is no set "process" for demotion over rules such like these being broken. You were warned by Division Managers to stop doing these days and yet you continued. You ignored Division Managers. Why would we keep you as an admin at this time if you ignore us more than once? It was a perfectly valid demotion.

This. You disobeyed Division Managers warnings.

I broke rules as A CT, nothing I did related to my admin powers in any way, It's like if a CT freekills, but you gag him for freekilling instead of a slay, the gag is something COMPLETELY irrelevant to the freekill, just as a Demote is irrelevant to me breaking rules as a CT(Unless CT banned first). I'd gladly accept a week, or even month CT-ban rather than a demotion for something that has nothing to do with my admin powers.

There is no set "process" for demotion over rules such like these being broken. You were warned by Division Managers to stop doing these days and yet you continued. You ignored Division Managers. Why would we keep you as an admin at this time if you ignore us more than once? It was a perfectly valid demotion.

For the first quote, yeah, I disobeyed what you guys said about that warday, as seen I admitted to that, but I disobeyed you guys on something that didn't include me abusing, Its the same as if an admin says to any non-member, "don't do a warday there, invalid spot", you can't demote that person if he has no staff or membership status, it'd be a CT ban if they kept it up, its not like I disobeyed you guys by enforcing a fake rule that u guys told me not to, that'd have direct ties to my admin and would lead to demotion

I didn't disobey you on station because the second time I did it, it was a distance away and I did so to send them into ST, Again though, doing invalid days as a CT is still a CT ban, its same as if a member or less ignored an admin if they said not to do something , they'd be CT banned depending on the severity.

2nd quote, yeah obviously there's no process for demotion, but refer to the part in that 2nd quote about the "gagging someone who freekilled" You're using a different form of punishment than normal. In another example, if you were to slay someone who was spamming chat, you're using a different form of punishment than the regular.

Look at this one part im typing ------>RIGHT AFTER THIS <--------- .

I'll even leave it in bold to make it more noticeable for you, don't skip past it.

If you can't punish one person the same as another for the same thing, you are doing something wrong.

If a normal non-member wardened, and did THE EXACT SAME STUFF I DID, word for word, not a SINGLE difference, how are you going to demote him? You would have to CT ban him, am I wrong? Now refer to the part I bolded again, and apply it to that, You are punishing two people who did the exact same thing, word for word, two different ways, and ONLY because of their rank. That is 100% proof that you messed up. No matter how you put it. I'll go ahead and get that quote saying You cant treat someone else differently just because of their rank real quick, and edit it into this. @@DarkWolf6052 @@Forest @@Gkoo and (Even though you had less or no part of it) @@Hidingmaster I want you guys to also read that bolded part, and what is below it, and for you guys to respond to that, and tell me whether I'm right or wrong.

Like I said, I did shit wrong, and should be punished, with a CT-Ban, week or month, I don't care which one, if it must be month, i'll take that month way before losing admin.

EDIT:

also, u have to either punish everyone the same way, or dont punish anyone, part of being a DM is that u need to be fair in your judgement and not give preferential treatment to anyone for any reason, its the same when you are in an upper management position IRL, you have to give shit to your friends just as much as you have to give shit to the employees that you dont particularly like. i yell at warrior and the people that i hang out with on ts just as much as i would yell at a random who joined on ts, im not like "oh dont worry, ill figure this out" or some shit like that

+1. I'll try to keep this short, as typing on this ipad is giving me cancer. Here's the thing, pretty much 100% of the time I have been on, Shadowspy has also been on, and as a T I have personally experienced each of these "trust days". They've never really caused "mass confusion/tarping", and only on rare occassions has there been some kind of snafu. I understand that you DM's warned him, however I hadn't seen Shadow do one of these in a few weeks. In my opinion, a teamban would have been a much more appripriate punishment, as Shadow was at no point being a poor admin.

+1 Shadow is one of the most active staff and it he wasn't being a loller and loopholing every chance he got he only did it once and he stopped when he was told too. I don't usually say much but give Shadowspy back his admin. #GiveShadowAdmin2013

You have to face demotion. This would not be a problem if you are the "most/second most active admin". It is an easy promotion to get your rank back up. But we can't make deals with staff members on promo's and demo's. You serve your time just like the others have. What you have done in the past is the past. Now show me the action that comes after it and we will re-promote you.

I still currently stand by my opinion to keep you demoted to moderator.

Show me that you can change this, not by words, but by actions.

So.. technically. -1