xGShadowSpy

Rule Clarification

Rebel hunting, A few people told me recently "You don't have to say you are rebel hunting if you see the T run away."

Is this true? It was never enforced like this and it doesnt make sense so I didn't think so. If it's true I think it should be changed since the CTs are still leaving the Ts and should announce that.

You don't have to say rebel hunting anymore at all.

You have to announce that you are Rebel Hunting if it is under the assumption that there is a Rebel.

@@xShadowSpyx You don't need to announce it if you are 100% sure there is a Rebel because you physically saw them. Remember that this rule is in effect so that CTs aren't just running around solely on assumptions. They need a logical reason to look, but they don't need a reason to chase down a Rebel they physically saw.

You have to announce that you are Rebel Hunting if it is under the assumption that there is a Rebel.

@@xShadowSpyx You don't need to announce it if you are 100% sure there is a Rebel because you physically saw them. Remember that this rule is in effect so that CTs aren't just running around solely on assumptions. They need a logical reason to look, but they don't need a reason to chase down a Rebel they physically saw.

I don't even know I hear so much shit :/.

From the MOTD - "Before Rebel Hunting, the CT MUST announce PUBLICLY that he is rebel hunting(Over mic or PUBLIC CHAT, NOT TEAMCHAT)"

This is what the rule says, if this is true then you should add "Unless CTs SEE the T rebel" to avoid confusion.

From the MOTD - "Before Rebel Hunting, the CT MUST announce PUBLICLY that he is rebel hunting(Over mic or PUBLIC CHAT, NOT TEAMCHAT)" This is what the rule says, if this is true then you should add "Unless CTs SEE the T rebel" to avoid confusion.

I understand, but Hunting and Pursuing are two completely different things. Hunting means you do not know the whereabouts of a Rebel; whereas when you are pursuing one because you saw them, you know of their whereabouts.

From the MOTD - "Before Rebel Hunting, the CT MUST announce PUBLICLY that he is rebel hunting(Over mic or PUBLIC CHAT, NOT TEAMCHAT)" This is what the rule says, if this is true then you should add "Unless CTs SEE the T rebel" to avoid confusion.

I understand, but Hunting and Pursuing are two completely different things. Hunting means you do not know the whereabouts of a Rebel; whereas when you are pursuing one because you saw them, you know of their whereabouts.

If I go hunting(irl), once I see that animal that doesn't turn the act of "Hunting" into "Chasing.", and making me a Chaser instead of a Hunter.

I just think if this is true that if you see a T you dont have to say it that it should be added to the MOTD to avoid cofusion with other mods too. I'm not the only one who thought you still had to say it if you saw them.

If a CT sees a rebel, they do not have to announce their intentions to "rebel hunt". It makes no sense to require them to say they are if they did in fact see a rebel (in vents, armory, etc). Imagine seeing a rebel in a vent shooting you, then due to a rule you must type out that you are rebel hunting... seems kind of stupid to me.

Now, one may rebel hunt if they have a suspicion that there are rebelling T's, either through a headcount, gunshots, etc. Just use your common sense in these types of situations. If staff members find out you were "rebel hunting", but have been playing around on the piano keyboard for the last 30 seconds, you will be slain. That is the purpose of the rule, to limit the amount of CT's wandering around aimlessly so they can play whatever they feel like.

Summary:

1) You do not have to announce you are hunting for rebels if you physically see a rebel.

2) You MUST announce you are rebel hunting if you do not physically see a rebel, but have reasonable suspicion that there is a rebel.

@@Hidingmaster Yeah, but any CT can try to use the excuse "Oh I saw him so I dont have to say it" and unless the T who he killed was an admin we cant do anything about that (Unless we see that he didnt see the T)

@@Hidingmaster Yeah, but any CT can try to use the excuse "Oh I saw him so I dont have to say it" and unless the T who he killed was an admin we cant do anything about that (Unless we see that he didnt see the T)

And who does it hurt if a CT isnt rebel hunting under reasonable suspicion? We know if they are dicking around, and they will be slain for it. I just dont see the point of arguing this for the 100th time when its really not the big of a deal.

And who does it hurt if a CT isnt rebel hunting under reasonable suspicion? We know if they are dicking around, and they will be slain for it. I just dont see the point of arguing this for the 100th time when its really not the big of a deal.

Who does it hurt? You most likely know how it turns out on the server when someone reports a CT and we say that we cant do anything about it, but ill act it out anyway.

P1= The person reporting

P2= admin

P3= The offender

P1 : P3 did _________ , Slay him

P2 : We didnt see it, so we can't do anything about it

P1 : Thats bullshit, he did ______ and you aren't going to do something about it?

P2 : Theres nothing we CAN do about it

*P3 dies*

P1: P3 Wtf the fuck why did you _______

P3 : *Gives a bullshit reason that admins cant do anything about*

P1 : That bullshit you know thats not what happened

Then it turns into some huge arguement, back and forth cussing, disrespect etc.

THATS who it hurts.

Also I think it SHOULD be changed, but w.e.

All im saying is that if it won't be changed atleast add the rule to the motd saying "If you see a T rebel then you do NOT have to say you are rebel hunting", because right now it's not in there, which is why I made this thread.

If you physically see the rebel, you don't have to say "Rebel hunting". You can chase after him. But, if you're going to go rebel hunting/continue rebel hunting AFTER killing the T you saw and chased, you must say you are rebel hunting.