DrLee

Concerning a more 'serious' subsection.

I know there's probably so many concerns just from that title.

"This is a gaming website."

"It's going to die, why make a subsection for that?"

"Who's gonna post there?"

And so on, and so on... I'm merely suggesting a more serious, or in general non-gaming, section. A subsection, if you will, to the general or a whole section in unorganized. I think it'd be interesting to have a section where people can post their opinions here, have an actual conversation, and all that stuff. This isn't just "RELIGION. POLITICS. HOMOSEXUALITY" but it can be anything. Current events going on, what's up with you/if you want advice, suggestions that aren't in the tech section, or anything that'd be placed in there. I'd suggest putting the tech section in the 'Serious topics'/ 'Serious section' or whatever it'd be titled.

I'd really like this to go on, I'd definitely post in there and attempt to keep it active. If anyone else thinks they'd enjoy it or it's a good idea; I think we- xG- should give it a shot.

Of course there would be a rules thread and whatnot; things like "Please attempt to use grammar and spelling," "Do not troll," "Do not use excessive language," and "Make sure there isn't a section for this already," and whatnot.

I think this would be a great addition to xG and the xG experience to me. I'd feel more connected to everyone and all. But, of course, this is a mere suggestion and I'd love xG either way. Leave whatever you wish and your opinions on this.

You can put serious topics in general, its the section for things there already isnt a section for.

I understand that, it's just, most people don't come to the general section for political, religion, or even life opinions. Or if they want more serious advice, which would be more of a requirement in this subsection. And even if I do post it there, let's be honest, it won't start a conversation at all. It'd be taken more as a joke, while people who'd be in this subsection would know what they're going into.

I understand that, it's just, most people don't come to the general section for political, religion, or even life opinions. Or if they want more serious advice, which would be more of a requirement in this subsection. And even if I do post it there, let's be honest, it won't start a conversation at all. It'd be taken more as a joke, while people who'd be in this subsection would know what they're going into.

But here is an example where when something super serious was posted in general, it was taken 100% seriously. Just post whatever it would be in here.

But here is an example where when something super serious was posted in general, it was taken 100% seriously. Just post whatever it would be in here.

Yeah, I understand that. I just think it may come off as obnoxious if I post political rants/opinions/ in the general section nearly every week.

If anything, an anonymous section would work better for serious topics, because we all know if someone bring up a controversial topic then all it end up as is a back and forth arguement (Like when someone made a George zimmerman trial thread.) That, and if its something serious then they wouldnt want to put it on a public forum with trolls.

If anything, an anonymous section would work better for serious topics, because we all know if someone bring up a controversial topic then all it end up as is a back and forth arguement (Like when someone made a George zimmerman trial thread.) That, and if its something serious then they wouldnt want to put it on a public forum with trolls.

https://xenogamers.com/forums/198/

So you are telling me that /xg/ isn't the solution to this issue because....

nobody uses it?

:huh:

People use it, but its not something meant to be serious, anyone who posts on that just trolls.