DrLee

Concerning a more 'serious' subsection.

If anything, an anonymous section would work better for serious topics, because we all know if someone bring up a controversial topic then all it end up as is a back and forth arguement (Like when someone made a George zimmerman trial thread.) That, and if its something serious then they wouldnt want to put it on a public forum with trolls.

In my opinion, making a serious subsection anonymous would just encourage people to troll even more. Let's just temporarily create a public debate subforum for 1-2 weeks, and see how it goes. If people are being trolls to the point of ruining the subforum then we just close it down. To be honest I don't really see why people are so afraid to post more serious topics in General, if people troll or argue excessively then forum ban them for said trolling/instigating.

And nowhere else would this happen, right?

^^^^^^

Thing is, you can't post a thread without trolls posting in it. It's bound to happen. Just post in General, because honestly, any of those topics are in General. Some people will take it seriously and post their opinion, while others won't, and there really isn't anything that can be done about that (aside from Higher-Ups deleting posts that are either irrelevant or there to intentionally de-rail the thread). As far as I'm concerned, the internet is a difficult place to just sit down, throw out a topic, and expect 100% mature answers and attitude, no matter where you are.

Also, @@xShadowSpyx the original intention of the /xG/ section was for Players to post Abuse reports or Member protests without fear of being judged or singled out as the "tattle-tale". Unfortunately, it quickly went down hill and was used for ridiculous and un-needed threads. I will however point out that a few threads posted there are useful, especially when showing criticism of a Higher-Up. Lets us know when we're doing something wrong or are lacking in something, and players/members are able to express their opinion.

My opinion would be to notify a Forum Moderator (Typically Division Manager+) that you would like to post a thread (In General section) that is to be treated seriously and request that any invalid or irrelevant posts are to be deleted. That's what I would do at least.

- Dat guy, Forest