Matsi

Ideas for Jailbreak+Gun Skins intergration

My understanding is that the skins have a chance to drop on any VAC secured server, right?

If this is true they could drop in the jailbreak servers, couldn't they?

Even if they do the problem is that on the jailbreak maps all the guns are laid out so you wouldn't be able to show off your skins...

Could you perhaps replace all of the armories with buy zones and make all guns cost nothing, Or even just add buy zones in the armory so you can use your own skins instead of the preplaced weapons?

I haven't fucked with a CS:GO server since this update came out so IDK if any of this would even work, but it would be cool to be able to use the skins in xGs servers

I'm not sure buy zones would be the best idea, because there are some maps designed with specific weps and how would a T get guns from armory if it's a buy zone? That would make it so the T would be able to spam guns or make any gun he wanted, which isn't the point of being a T. Just keep it the way it is IMO, buy zones are too confusing.

My understanding is that the skins have a chance to drop on any VAC secured server, right?

Even if they do the problem is that on the jailbreak maps all the guns are laid out so you wouldn't be able to show off your skins...

Could you perhaps replace all of the armories with buy zones and make all guns cost nothing, Or even just add buy zones in the armory so you can use your own skins instead of the preplaced weapons?

I haven't fucked with a CS:GO server since this update came out so IDK if any of this would even work, but it would be cool to be able to use the skins in xGs servers

Well, first we need a div leader to make a working jb server.

There was a plugin called buy-zone simulator where you can change the buy zones, i didnt mess with it so im not too sure how it works. Also the way the server changes maps would need to change in order to go to the scoreboard at the end of the map.

I'm not sure buy zones would be the best idea, because there are some maps designed with specific weps and how would a T get guns from armory if it's a buy zone? That would make it so the T would be able to spam guns or make any gun he wanted, which isn't the point of being a T. Just keep it the way it is IMO, buy zones are too confusing.

Ts can use buy zones too....

Ts can use buy zones too....

i think his point was that a T could get ANY gun they want, and in some maps, that isn't the best idea. some maps are designed with certain guns in armory for a reason of fairness. as well as buy zones are only 2 dimensional (last i checked) and not 3d. so say for Lego Jail, if you go in the vent, you can buy a gun as soon as you come under armory turn around and instantly kill the CT chasing you, as opposed to getting held up at the vent exit.

You could also buy guns from inside the musical chairs area, if you go against the right side wall.

@@Bleed buyzone sim was only for maps that didn't have a set buyzone (like Alpha) and thus would not let rounds actually start, and everyone had to die for it the round to end. timer was unlimited, and yolo was done. It created a "simulated" buyzone somewhere off walkable map and ended it immediately, so rounds could process. As far as I remember, it can be set to simulate the buyzone in a legitimate area if it were tweaked a bit, or the maps were edited with actual buyzones... but the latter won't likely happen.

with buy zones and guns costing $0. people could spam the weapons and cause lag

but guns dont cost $0. Also you could try to get the class plugin from silence (not too sure if it was from hub or not) and edit the weapons used. the weapon you spawn with should use the skin you have selected.

buy zones just arent a good idea because you can use them from anywhere, most maps have vents from below armory, meaning t's could get guns from below and kill cts still in armory or not even have to enter armory at all, making rebelling wayyy too easy. also lag.

buy zones just arent a good idea because you can use them from anywhere, most maps have vents from below armory, meaning t's could get guns from below and kill cts still in armory or not even have to enter armory at all, making rebelling wayyy too easy. also lag.

Are buy zones in CS:GO different from CS:S buyzones? cause in CS:S the buyzones were placed in a defined area.... and if you were above/below the buyzone you couldn't buy guns.

@@Bleed that class plugin is still on CS:S without Hub so if you could do it that way it would be awesome... :)

Are buy zones in CS:GO different from CS:S buyzones? cause in CS:S the buyzones were placed in a defined area.... and if you were above/below the buyzone you couldn't buy guns.

@@Bleed that class plugin is still on CS:S without Hub so if you could do it that way it would be awesome... :)

[CSS] Buyzone range - Page 2 - AlliedModders for buyzones for CTs only (must set the cvar) and actually supports csgo. Also, im not too sure if it still works since the arms deal update.

Last time I played around with buy zones, they were all only 2 Dimensional zones, meaning yes, you could buy anywhere above or below them as long as you were within the buy time.