Matsi

Tarp Order (apparently Approved By Nomulous)

So... apparently nomulous told everyone this was ok to do, so now everyone keeps doing it and a bunch of people get killed and freekilled...

The warden says "All rebels afk freeze on the yellow line"

The definition of a tarp is:

• Tarping: Intentionally tricking red team into rebelling.

Now obviously, the ONLY purpose of this order is to TRICK the reds into going to the line and then massacring them... this should NOT be allowed. Not only does it get a lot of people killed for going to the line, 95% of the time some blu will get tarped by it and start killing everyone that stayed in their cells.

Please slap @Nomulous with a fish and revoke his approval of this being ok so that people will stop doing it....thanks!

@MuffinMonster

This is the most obvious tarp in the whole fudgeing world

IKR!!! but people are doing it because Nomulous said it was ok/not a tarp.... I have no idea if that is true or not... but people like kbrazz and other staff members also say that nomulous said they could do it, I don't want to start anything with nom like abuse or w/e, that's not needed at all... he's cool and seems to try and do a lot of good in xG and everyone should be allowed to say stupid stuff every now and then :) I just want to clear this up for everyone and stop fucking dying for staying in my cell during this tarp! LOL

I like to say I do not take kindly to false claims at all. The fact you're spreading blatant lies about what I have said is absurd and unprofessional. I would recommend you talk to me directly. What I did approve was the line "When I say go, all reds go to the yellow line". The phrase you mentioned I have never approved, there were questions asked to me if it's allowed, and I said you may only use it if you make it clear that you're changing what reds/prisoners are referred to as default. Thus if used correctly, it is a play on words and not an intentional trick, key phrase in my statement was it is obviously stated.

The fact that some people do not listen to the warden when they give commands is not my fault, nonetheless, I never accepted/approved what you claim I approved. Back to the statement of saying "All rebels go to the...", again, it is clearly stated that if you do this action you are considered a rebel. It isnt an intentional trick, a Tarp by definition would be telling reds to hit a blue, but then whoever hit them is a rebel, thus they must be killed.

Either your definition of tarping means anything you say in JailBreak is considered a tarp, or you don't comprehend the definition well.

Nonetheless, I do not accept false claims lightly, the fact you try to point me out on something I have never said and even not have proof, is reduclous.

An example of what you said that would be a tarp is just saying "Go to the yellow line" then you kill anyone who left the cells because you:

a) Never said who can leave their cells

Saying this is a clear tarp because you WANT people to die, clearly saying REBELS is clear. Nonetheless, I explained this out, when I never needed to since this is a false third party claim I have never said.

I like to say I do not take kindly to false claims at all. The fact you're spreading blatant lies about what I have said is absurd and unprofessional.

Nonetheless, I do not accept false claims lightly, the fact you try to point me out on something I have never said and even not have proof, is reduclous.

That was not my intention at all... I have no idea if you said it or not, which is why I said:

IKR!!! but people are doing it because Nomulous said it was ok/not a tarp.... I have no idea if that is true or not... but people like kbrazz and other staff members also say that nomulous said they could do it

That was not my intention at all... I have no idea if you said it or not, which is why I said:

Then you talk to me about it. I can clearly explain myself. The only thing I told people was this, if used properly is not a tarp.

Then you talk to me about it. I can clearly explain myself. The only thing I told people was this, if used properly is not a tarp.

I apologize for the way I phrased my post, but the purpose was not to call you out on anything, it was to clarify to staff/players that this is a tarp and should stop being done.

@kbraszzz @SpeedOfFreedom

I apologize for the way I phrased my post, but the purpose was not to call you out on anything, it was to clarify to staff/players that this is a tarp and should stop being done.

@kbraszzz @SpeedOfFreedom

I can agree its a tarp if used improperly, which is why I didn't say "you can use it whenever", hence I didn't approve it. Though if you say it, such as I say it "When cell doors open can I have all rebels, I repeat, all REBELS, go to the yellow line", I don't do what @Docterlat_ used to do which was speak extremely fast to say rebels go to the yellow line.

Though again, if it's a persistent issue @MuffinMonster and I can make a rule to not allow this specific type of word play not to be allowed.

3 things about this,1. It's not your fault half the red team is full of people who haven't developed a brain yet. 2. The part about a blue getting tarped? You could always just say, "Warden kills only" so if they kill some1 then you could always just slay them. 3. If you don't want to do that, (if there is a moderator+ on the server) just slay the freekilling blue/respawn the freekilled reds

I thought a Terrorist isn't a Rebel unless they commit a rebellious act, or are labelled as such by the Warden? Mind you, I'm just going on what I know from CS:S Jailbreak, so my apologies if this particular rule is not the same for TF2.

If what I mentioned is true, then how can they be killed for being 'Rebels' if they aren't exactly 'Rebels'?

Unless the standards for tarping on TF2 are different than other divisions, this seems like a tarp to me.

If you're giving Ts an order with the PURPOSE of tricking them, and getting massive amounts of people killed because of so, it's a tarp as far as I see it. As forest said, How do you know they're already rebels, you're saying "All rebels go to the ___ line", but that implies they were ALREADY a rebel, but you didnt see them rebel, nor have half of them rebeled anyway.

another issue I would like to point out are orders like,

"when I say go, go to the yellow line and wasd.." etc

although, I have already addressed this nomulous, I would like to hear everyone else's opinion, is it wrong or right?

technically, it is tarping as you are renaming an action that reds do which is not allowed.

"You CANNOT rename the certain actions that the reds do."

not only that, but I have noticed recent growth in people doing that intentionally attempting to "trick people into rebelling".

you could suggest that it is basic listening skills but then so is, "all rebels afk freeze on the yellow line" which is obviously is tarping like muffin stated