Gwoash

Tf2: Jb Questions

gwoash is gay  

11 members have voted

1. 1. gwoash is gay

1) Delaying

for example, if the warden orders reds to go into ex Death Run and do not specify which door to go into -

does this mean, they can go into CT?

taking into consideration that the CT door is further away from the T door in majority of the maps we play, such as casuarina, hopjb and minecart.

now, I have asked a few mods including nomulous about this issue, they just said that they are going to Death Run.

now my question is, wouldn't this be delaying?

the concept of delaying is waiting a bit, then going - taking a longer time to reach the destination, shouldn't this apply?

sure you're in Death Run, but you've taken a longer time to reach the place hence, delaying.

people also try to use this to their advantage and going to another yellow/red line on the map when the warden says ex Afk freeze on the yellow line.

2) Renaming an action

for example, if the warden says, "when I say go, go to the yellow line - afk freeze"

now wouldn't that be considered renaming an action, though a lot of people still do it on JB, some even goes as far as to say "you must comply at 6:50" knowing full well that they haven't yet said "go". people use it intentionally to trick reds into rebelling and I feel like this is a huge tarp. hint hint. G Mask

3) Blues off mic

now, can you actually do this? I would personally feel like you should be able to - but in the rules it states that blue rules apply to warden also, so by saying "blues off mic", that would include the warden. speedoffreedom said the order can be given but it would include the warden too, it would seem a little silly to not be able to do this if blue team constantly talks over warden, especially when there's a good 6 guards online with a mic.

miscellaneous questions,

a) if LR was given that states ex "pokemon day", it does imply the whole day correct? Ex

>freeday was given as LR

>warden decides to do games till 5-6 (very few people)

>then calls freeday

or

>keeps doing games with less than 5 people

>denys LR, becomes freeday anyway.

the logic in this blows my head.

b) no wasd in games, such as fall game? as it apparently "creates a new game", if so pokemon and hide n seek shouldn't be allowed either as it needs to be approved

c) no team killing allowed as said in the rules under the blue section, but in general rules - it states no teamkilling at any time - so does this reds can't rid of their competitors for LR?

a few reminders to everyone and if I am wrong, do correct me - but,

• first reaction and simon says can be played with any amount of people.
  • last CT only occurs with more than 4, meaning 5 blues needed, not 3, not 2, but 5.
  • camping for LR only occurs when there are 3 reds otherwise, you're hiding from rebellion - although not stated in the rules, was said by a DL
  • spinning up your mini gun is not baiting
  • on panda freedays, you can't just kill because you see them on a roof that is only reachable if you climb ladders, you have to actually see them climb up the ladders to be able to kill them
  • warday can be only expanded after 2 minutes, and warden must clarify in advance (everyone seems to forget about this one)

and,

fix the mic glitch that occurs during the start of the round. <69 @Nomulous

tl;dr: I talk about some crazy unicorn that I ride on.

@Gwoash

1. Yes it is delaying, it is implied to go through the T door, the yellow line thing has to be specific though, since there is more than one.

2. What?

3. Yes, you can do this. No, the warden needs to be able to talk

a. Things like freedays and pokemon days for LR need to be enabled right away because they last for the whole day.

b. You are allowed to make up your own games as long as it is fair for the people involved and does not break any rules. Ask a moderator to see if it is ok. There are also too many games to add to the rules and I don't want to overload people with rules.

c. As far as I know, there is no direct way to kill your teammates in TF2. Everyone is competing for LR, so it's fine to compete for it.

• FR/LR cannot be played with under 3 people, Simon says can.
  • Ask @Nomulous about this, I didn't even know there was a last CT rule.
  • What?
  • No, it's not baiting.
  • Yes
  • Yes

And Nomulous can't fix a problem with TF2, he doesn't work at valve.

2) Renaming an action

for example, if the warden says, "when I say go, go to the yellow line - afk freeze"

now wouldn't that be considered renaming an action, though a lot of people still do it on JB, some even goes as far as to say "you must comply at 6:50" knowing full well that they haven't yet said "go". people use it intentionally to trick reds into rebelling and I feel like this is a huge tarp. hint hint.

2. What?

What he's saying is that in the same sentence used to give the order, the Warden also intended that the prisoners do it. I'll break it down from the example given:

"when I say go, go to the yellow line - afk freeze"

Order in itself: When the word "go" is said, do orders. Yet the word has been said within the order, and therefore is in effect by the Warden's logic.

Essentially, tarping. The intention of the Warden is to get Ts killed for not doing what was given as a contradicting/conflicting order. I personally do not think an order (or keyword) within an order itself should be valid so as to prevent confusion.

What he's saying is that in the same sentence used to give the order, the Warden also intended that the prisoners do it. I'll break it down from the example given:

"when I say go, go to the yellow line - afk freeze"

Order in itself: When the word "go" is said, do orders. Yet the word has been said within the order, and therefore is in effect by the Warden's logic.

Essentially, tarping. The intention of the Warden is to get Ts killed for not doing what was given as a contradicting/conflicting order. I personally do not think an order (or keyword) within an order itself should be valid so as to prevent confusion.

What i thought he meant was when he says "go" to go to the yellow line. Keep in mind that from my interpretation the bolded "go" doesn't count as actually saying the word. So I'll rephrase what i think he might be trying to say. When I say "Forest", go to the yellow line. Then he says you must be there by (Insert a time limit) even though he hasnt said the magical word. This i think it might be allowed but it can result in some freekills if warden does not give enough time to go the line.

As for this :

camping for LR only occurs when there are 3 reds otherwise, you're hiding from rebellion - although not stated in the rules, was said by a DL.

What i think he wanted to ask was, If you are camping when there are 3 reds left alive, is it defined as camping for lr and, if there are 4 or more reds and you are camping is that hiding/rebelling?

i feel wasd freeze in a game are stupid unless your in 4 corners/9 square

Fallgame:

wasd freeze in fallgame is terrible,( correct me if im wrong ) but the whole point of fallgame is to avoid "falling" in to a pit/lava

~ruins the fun of fallgame

Crush Game:

Some people say to wasd freeze in crush game, which is the dumbest thing ever, your suppose to quickly get to a square of the right color before time runs out.

~ruins the fun of crush game

Box Game:

Again similar to fallgame, instead of falling you have to doge boxes

~ruins the fun of Box game

What about Last CT occurring on Freedays? I heard some people say that Last CT is in effect on Freeday but is it?

No

Last CT should be removed, it never happens

It happens every now and then

Btw ...

does walk backwards count as a delay....

LIKE FO REALS

walking backwards just slows you down by a little bit, and people say its a MAJOR delay

Btw ...

does walk backwards count as a delay....

LIKE FO REALS

walking backwards just slows you down by a little bit, and people say its a MAJOR delay

No, on the server, all classes' movement speed are set to the same.

No, on the server, all classes' movement speed are set to the same.

I understand that but no matter what all class when walking backwards go a tinny bit slower than walking foward

@Gwoash

• FR/LR cannot be played with under 3 people, Simon says can.

I thought first reaction and last reaction could be played with any amount of people as it doesn't actually state it in the rules, if this isn't true then -

well everyone on jb gives orders like, "jump for LR" when there are 2 or 3 reds. :confused:

-

few questions

people cant give LR that are opinionated games?

ex, "my lr is we do salty's spitoon tomorrow" - is this true?

cant give LRs that involve blues on the next day?

meaning, that pokemon, warday, hide n seek etc are all invalid LRs

Can't give LRs that involve blues on the next day?

meaning, that pokemon, warday, hide n seek etc are all invalid LRs

Quote from the Jailbreak rules:

"You can choose to play it with the blues of the current round, or the reds of the next round. You may only have 1 game/day/choice during LR (you can't choose to kill all blues now and have a game tomorrow for example)."

So I guess (if following this rule) this would mean both are invalid next day LR's since Pokemon requires blues to fight the reds, and hide and seek requires one team to find the players of the other team who are hiding. @MuffinMonster

PS Also, if said rule makes Pokemon invalid it makes me happy. THANK YOU BASED GGJESUS!