StarmiX

Telling People To Read The Motd

Could we put something on our servers that tell people to read the !motd? Like, every now and then, a small announcement will appear in chat saying "Type !motd to read the rules!" Sometimes, people will say "type !rules to read the rules" just to troll with the new people. I understand we have mods/badmins on our servers saying (but rarely actually happens) "Type !motd to read the rules".

So in summary, could we possibly add a plugin/script that (on a 2 minute interval) put "Type !motd to read the rules!" in chat or in /csay?

I think this is a good idea, and it's really easy to do too so i don't see any problem with doing it.

TF2 most likely already has this plugin, it's just a basic chat plugin which displays a message every ___ seconds

That would help alot, and people, usually at least, ask people to do !rules because no admin/mod on and the blus are breaking rules. If they were told to read motd though, that would be awesome!

Rule breakers will be rule breakers give them a ban for however bad the situation was and send them a link to the thread. Not much too it. They aren't going to read the motd.

Or maybie we can remove the ads and make the first time actually show the motd. Since why do we need the adds if we have donator perks anyway?

because they still don't add up to the total amount needed to run the tf2 servers. :L

Or maybie we can remove the ads and make the first time actually show the motd. Since why do we need the adds if we have donator perks anyway?

I believe not having ads costs more money.