ChickenPanda

Deathrun Is Buggy And Dead.

Deathrun lately has had only 3 or so people actively playing on it. I decided to grab a few people to go play for a bit, when I started noticing bugs. Here's a list:

1. Scouts can use the FaN, soda popper hype, double jump, and any weapon basically.

2. RTD can toggle toxic and the boss can be killed, ending the round.

3. The AFK bot? Well. "[xG] Chicken Panda fue movido a espectador por estar AFK."

Yes.

That is spanish.

(After playing after a bit, I noticed this was gone. Maybe it's only on certain maps?)

4. I've seen scouts being able to move before the round starts.

5. Sticky jumpers/base jumpers work, not sure about rocket jumpers.

6. Medics have mediguns, making the secret in VSH_DR_BLOCK_V4 a lot easier to access.

7. Remember the original DR? It used to have a boss with a good amount of health, similar to VSH. This would make some minigames where you had contact with the hale (ie, the hide-and-seek maze on some maps) would make it hard to kill him. Now, if the DR trapper is a scout, the minigame is easily stopped by killing him. Bring back the Saw model and health!

That's all I've seen, but I'm sure there's more. Just some thoughts of what we need to fix. I'd like to see this server come back to life, and this is the first step. I'm sure Roloc and Ohstop would be willing to help me repopulate it, as it was our main server when we all were in xG originally. Thanks bbys.

@Nomulous @kbraszzz @MuffinMonster

Edit: It's also worth mentioning no mods/admins go on there. For other servers that are fairly dead, we at least have one mod/admin looking over it often. For example, Bonfire loves playing with the FF2 group, I always see him on there when I play. I'd appreciate someone being promoted who enjoys Deathrun. Gold lust would be a good start.

What I did when I last ran the server was force everybody's class to become pyro, then add Gabe Newell skins. This way, it's still a unique server experience, but there's no chance a player can use any sort of advantage. There should be a plug-in that restricts scout jumping, but if I recall, it breaks after every update.

I coded Deathrun and it's our custom plugin. I can fix all these issues this weekend :)

That explains why it's been dead for so long, and why it always breaks

GET REKT AFK NERD

I go on there once in a while. And I don't think it's that dead I usually see 10-15 people on there during the day. I don't know enough about the mode to speak to the bugs though.

I'd still consider that dead tbh. It's summer right now. Come September, you get about 5 or so people during the day. During the nights, maybe you'll hit 10, but it wont stay that way for long. if you look at JB, the numbers linger even in the late hours of the night.