new plugin  

18 members have voted

1. 1. new plugin

• yesh
    • no

@Nomulous <3 (bae 4 lyfe)

So i was thinking we have a plugin that allows anyone on the server to type

!mod !staff !whateveruwanttoputhere

and upon entering that a list pops up where that person can send a message to a staff member (or add a staff member) and to bring said staff member over to the server that is in need of help

Im actually surprised we dont have this in out servers

imgur: the simple image sharer

I agree with this plugin completely i was discussing this sort of thing with @Rejects. Not sure about him, but i'd be willing to download a programme to get this thing working. Everytime i go on my Alt account there's always a freekiller, and then i have to wait ages to change to my primary account and ban them.

it will get abused.

- little kid gets spawn camped !mod

- omg I'm friendly not using the friendly command and you won't stop killing me! !mod

- your hacking! !mod

Kitty has made a valid point, so changing to 0. Holy shit that was quick

Problems:

1) Requires intensive set up and maintenance

2) Every mod/admin needs to have a special windows client running (which will give you messages on reports)

3) Ability to be misused by people saying !admin or !mod for no reason and I've seen people banned immediately for misusing it, which I don't want to see happen here.

4) Undercover is almost impossible to be.

Problems:

1) Requires intensive set up and maintenance

2) Every mod/admin needs to have a special windows client running (which will give you messages on reports)

3) Ability to be misused by people saying !admin or !mod for no reason and I've seen people banned immediately for misusing it, which I don't want to see happen here.

4) Undercover is almost impossible to be.

is it possible to set up a bot that hangs around on server 24/7 and will receive the message in game

bot proceeds to send message through steam to staff members?

is it possible to set up a bot that hangs around on server 24/7 and will receive the message in game, i.e (TEAM)@

bot proceeds to send message through steam to staff members?

It would require TF2_Server -(packet)> server -(packet)> bot -(message)> user. As well, it would be impossible for making a socks program in SourceMod, meaning this would require a TF2_Server updated a MySQL post and a PHP RCON job to check for new MySQL reports, then sending a packet to a C# server running the bot to PM a specific users ID if they have it on their friends list. That, which would kill a webserver OR make 15 bots to idle in each server to send a command to a master bot to send it to users, so 16 accounts in total, though I don't know if there's a bot that can idle in game. So not only do I think this second method is most likely impossible, unless you run 15 versions of TF2 and make an injection into each to read the chat and parse it, this would use a ton of resources and risk getting VAC'd since you're injecting non-official code into TF2.

Like what @Gwoash is saying, why not add a bot so when someone types !mod, then a menu appears of the reason, (Scamming, Mass Freekill, Etc.) Then the bot sends a message over Steam to a random mod/admin who is currently online, then the staff member has 20 seconds to type "accept" or "decline". If the staff member fails to answer the bot, the bot then sends another message to a different staff member. (Also, in the message, it should tell you who sent the bot in order to stop abuse. EX: "Staff Member is needed on <Server>-Reason : Mass Freekill. Sent by : xG:M|StarmiX.) If the staff accepts, the bot will send him an invite to the game.