Foxy

Spawn camping

So I ve been playing tf2 for 3 years now and on XG servers for 2 years and banning spawn camping is a poor decision and let me explain why. Most of the strategies on the maps we play on involve spawn camping or at least the ones I've found to be successful universally do. Lets take the example of golden rod city. You see about 4 or 5 strategies regularly, all of which would be classified as spawn camping. 1: snipers sniping from near there own spawn to the opposing spawn. 2: scouts who run behind the opposing spawn and kill said snipers 3: sticky jumping demos who caber the opposing spawn 4:pyros who and other friends who pick off people near the enemy spawn and 5: My strategy sticky jumping to the opposing spawn and using stickies on the door. This is how this map is played. Most frags happen in what i would call the spawn areas. NEXT TO NO FRAGS HAPPEN ON THE MIDDLE STRECH.

Clocktown is a better balanced map in my opinion but again look at where the frags take place: Infront of the clock tower or in front of blue spawn. The main difference between clock town and goldenrod is that clock town isn't a gigantic stretch of land that allows snipers to snipe from the other side of the map like golden rod but it has tight corridors that are great for demo's and soldiers. Both spawns fall to sticky traps quotes easily but thats how the map is played. if you ban spawn camping then snipers Will snipe from spawn. And the spawns are too close together on clock town to avoid one team from pushing into each others spawn areas. Banning spawn camping Just doesn't work. It makes the maps unplayable particularly clock town as the spawns are so close to each other that about 90% of frags on that map could be considered spawn camping. Golden rod isn't much better. at least 80% of the kills I've gotten on that map have been near the enemy spawn or near mine. In addition I can't follow this rule. Its simple. When people snipe me Im going to try to kill them. End of story. And since people snipe in or near spawn on both maps Im going to spawn camp. And every one who regularly plays on TF2 servers will too and knows exactly what will happen.

To support my balance claims Id like to point out my stats:

On the former trade gaming history server/24 hour clock town:

I rank number 1 with the stock rocket launcher

number 1 with the sticky bomb launcher

number 1 with the stock sniper

and number 7 overall.

I know these weapons and i know these maps pretty well. If you don't trust my opinion Many others support my opinion including @Vector @Kypari .

Again this rule will push more people, including you're regulars like me away from servers. and won't solve anything

So I ve been playing tf2 for 3 years now and on XG servers for 2 years and banning spawn camping is a poor decision and let me explain why. Most of the strategies on the maps we play on involve spawn camping or at least the ones I've found to be successful universally do. Lets take the example of golden rod city. You see about 4 or 5 strategies regularly, all of which would be classified as spawn camping. 1: snipers sniping from near there own spawn to the opposing spawn. 2: scouts who run behind the opposing spawn and kill said snipers 3: sticky jumping demos who caber the opposing spawn 4:pyros who and other friends who pick off people near the enemy spawn and 5: My strategy sticky jumping to the opposing spawn and using stickies on the door. This is how this map is played. Most frags happen in what i would call the spawn areas. NEXT TO NO FRAGS HAPPEN ON THE MIDDLE STRECH.

Clocktown is a better balanced map in my opinion but again look at where the frags take place: Infront of the clock tower or in front of blue spawn. The main difference between clock town and goldenrod is that clock town isn't a gigantic stretch of land that allows snipers to snipe from the other side of the map like golden rod but it has tight corridors that are great for demo's and soldiers. Both spawns fall to sticky traps quotes easily but thats how the map is played. if you ban spawn camping then snipers Will snipe from spawn. And the spawns are too close together on clock town to avoid one team from pushing into each others spawn areas. Banning spawn camping Just doesn't work. It makes the maps unplayable particularly clock town as the spawns are so close to each other that about 90% of frags on that map could be considered spawn camping. Golden rod isn't much better. at least 80% of the kills I've gotten on that map have been near the enemy spawn or near mine. In addition I can't follow this rule. Its simple. When people snipe me Im going to try to kill them. End of story. And since people snipe in or near spawn on both maps Im going to spawn camp. And every one who regularly plays on TF2 servers will too and knows exactly what will happen.

To support my balance claims Id like to point out my stats:

On the former trade gaming history server/24 hour clock town:

I rank number 1 with the stock rocket launcher

number 1 with the sticky bomb launcher

number 1 with the stock sniper

and number 7 overall.

I know these weapons and i know these maps pretty well. If you don't trust my opinion Many others support my opinion including @Vector @Kypari .

Again this rule will push more people, including you're regulars like me away from servers. and won't solve anything

Spawn camping is an essentian part of Xenogamers, and part of the reason our TF2 division is so popular.

I'm going to defend getting rid of spawn camping. It makes the servers less fun, and randoms don't join. There will still be killing in spawn "areas". But stickying spawn doors and setting up sentries and dispensers to stop the blus from ever leaving the corridor needs to stop. It just makes it not fun. Have you guys not noticed how if red gets a good camp on blu on clocktown, after about five minutes blu has about 6 or 7 less people on it? Then the camping team even starts gloating. It kills population and kills fun. It needs to go. Having staff be able to discern what is and isnt spawncamping, while also implementing a short spawn protection would be ideal. Dont worry guys, it isn't like you would have to never fire towards a spawn, but setting up full team camps where you cant leave without rtd or godmode, it needs to stop.

I'm going to defend getting rid of spawn camping. It makes the servers less fun, and randoms don't join. There will still be killing in spawn "areas". But stickying spawn doors and setting up sentries and dispensers to stop the blus from ever leaving the corridor needs to stop. It just makes it not fun. Have you guys not noticed how if red gets a good camp on blu on clocktown, after about five minutes blu has about 6 or 7 less people on it? Then the camping team even starts gloating. It kills population and kills fun. It needs to go. Having staff be able to discern what is and isnt spawncamping, while also implementing a short spawn protection would be ideal. Dont worry guys, it isn't like you would have to never fire towards a spawn, but setting up full team camps where you cant leave without rtd or godmode, it needs to stop.

No one goes on Clocktown anymore

It died

I can see adding a spawn invincibility being a good idea, but disallowing it in the rules is going far too far.

No one goes on Clocktown anymore

It died

Then we'll probably change it back with less maps than before but that have been more carefully selected, try and rework it from the bottom. Trade gaming pre switch was equally dead.

Sticking spawn doors isn't even a thing that happens to blue on that map. it happens to red. And its something thats shut down with a single pyro. Also clock town declined because of other factors like changing the map to be only clock town and donator benefits. Also adding invulns to people only gives them an unfair advantage to people who have moved all the way to their spawn and are already at an inherent disadvantage because others have closets.

I can see adding a spawn invincibility being a good idea, but disallowing it in the rules is going far too far.

It isn't though, the servers aren't very populated and I see randoms leave almost everytime there is a bad camp. This change is to bring in population and randoms not cater to regulars. We dont have enough regulars on the servers to not rely on randoms, and spawncamping makes randoms leave.

Sticking spawn doors isn't even a thing that happens to blue on that map. it happens to red. And its something thats shut down with a single pyro. Also clock town declined because of other factors like changing the map to be only clock town and donator benefits. Also adding invulns to people only gives them an unfair advantage to people who have moved all the way to their spawn and are already at an inherent disadvantage because others have closets.

The donator benefits and hub killed it months before we switched it to just clocktown, clocktown was just an idea to get population back.

Banning the ways regulars kill people 90% of the time makes regulars leave

Well if there are zero regulars on at most points during the day already then that seems like a non issue at this point. If the regulars filled the server we wouldnt be having this conversation.