Vector

Graphic card upgrades

So i don't know jack shit about graphic cards and stuff and i was hoping to get some advice on what i should upgrade to.

I currently have

2x AMD HD 7770 Saphire 1 GB ram

this is my set up:

apuu.sh_dajDK_4ced365d99.png.a7021beb970a920b5157c0f33da0f0ac.png

I want a graphics card that will last me a few years and these two aren't cutting it. I keep hearing good things about Nvidia Graphics cards (one reconmendation was the 970)

Amazon.com: MSI GTX 970 4GD5T OC Graphics Cards GTX 970 4GD5T OC: Computers & Accessories

Amazon.com: Zotac Zotac GeForce GTX 970 4GB GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 HDMI DVI DisplayPort SLI Ready Graphics Card ZT-90101-10P Graphics Cards ZT-90101-10P: Computers & Accessories

my budget is about $400 dollars so i really need some help

tagging people who know computers:

@Scootaloo

@Nomulous

@Rhododendron

@anybodyWhoKnowsComputers

i need help as soon as possible.

(I REALLY REALLY want to play my games at 1920 x 1080 at 60fps or close to)

I currently run a Nvidia GTX 760. I also have a AMD 6 core CPU. Which is more than enough to run stuff that you will want in my opinion. If you're willing to spend money then get the 970, but also keep in mind that if you upgrade to a graphics card that is more than what your PC can handle, then you might have to upgrade other PC parts as well. Mainly just your power supply will probably need to be upgraded.

Tl;dr: Never can go wrong with Nvidia GPU's.

I currently run a Nvidia GTX 760. I also have a AMD 6 core CPU. Which is more than enough to run stuff that you will want in my opinion. If you're willing to spend money then get the 970, but also keep in mind that if you upgrade to a graphics card that is more than what your PC can handle, then you might have to upgrade other PC parts as well. Mainly just your power supply will probably need to be upgraded.

Tl;dr: Never can go wrong with Nvidia GPU's.

ye i know about power supply, everything else seems fine i just want to make sure i don't fuck my self over lol

Although it kind of depends on what games you mainly want to play, since different games make use of different ratios of CPU to GPU performance. That being said, the FX-6300 can do basically everything but max out GTA IV.

I mean, you have $400 as a budget so you're already better off than the kids on minecraft forums wanting to upgrade from their peashooter GT610's and such. If you're able to , the GTX 970 that you've already chosen is a great card. AMD Cards have finally come down in price after the whole cryptocurrency hype, so you could snag a 280x for cheap if you'd like (although don't buy used).

With Cyber Monday around the corner, you're bound to find some good deals.

Although it kind of depends on what games you mainly want to play, since different games make use of different ratios of CPU to GPU performance. That being said, the FX-6300 can do basically everything but max out GTA IV.

I mean, you have $400 as a budget so you're already better off than the kids on minecraft forums wanting to upgrade from their peashooter GT610's and such. If you're able to , the GTX 970 that you've already chosen is a great card. AMD Cards have finally come down in price after the whole cryptocurrency hype, so you could snag a 280x for cheap if you'd like (although don't buy used).

With Cyber Monday around the corner, you're bound to find some good deals.

good to hear! thanks for the advice, yeah cyber monday seemed like a good idea.

Dependent on the games/resolution/settings you want. To play any game that are currently out at max settings at 1080p, then the GTX 970/R9 290X would be both great cards. If you're not really playing that many games at 1080p at max settings, then the GTX 770 would be another great card.

GTX 970 - GTX 970 GAMING 4G MSI NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 Gaming 4GB GDDR5 2DVI/HDMI/DisplayPort PCI-Express Video Card - NVIDIA GeForce - SuperBiiz.com

GTX 770 - GIGABYTE GV-N770OC-2GD G-SYNC Support GeForce GTX 770 2GB 256-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 HDCP Ready WindForce 3X 450W Video Card - Newegg.com

R9 290X - MSI R9 290X LIGHTNING 4GB 512-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card - Newegg.com

Benchmarks - Nvidia Maxwell Battlefield 4 And Thief Results

Both the GTX 970 and the R9 290X both are amazing cards that will probably last you a couple years before you upgrade.

Also, I don't recommend Amazon to buy all your computer parts, Pick Parts, Build Your PC, Compare and Share - PCPartPicker automatically finds the cheapest version of the same item.

Dependent on the games/resolution/settings you want. To play any game that are currently out at max settings at 1080p, then the GTX 970/R9 290X would be both great cards. If you're not really playing that many games at 1080p at max settings, then the GTX 770 would be another great card.

GTX 970 - GTX 970 GAMING 4G MSI NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 Gaming 4GB GDDR5 2DVI/HDMI/DisplayPort PCI-Express Video Card - NVIDIA GeForce - SuperBiiz.com

GTX 770 - GIGABYTE GV-N770OC-2GD G-SYNC Support GeForce GTX 770 2GB 256-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 HDCP Ready WindForce 3X 450W Video Card - Newegg.com

R9 290X - MSI R9 290X LIGHTNING 4GB 512-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card - Newegg.com

Benchmarks - Nvidia Maxwell Battlefield 4 And Thief Results

Both the GTX 970 and the R9 290X both are amazing cards that will probably last you a couple years before you upgrade.

Also, I don't recommend Amazon to buy all your computer parts, Pick Parts, Build Your PC, Compare and Share - PCPartPicker automatically finds the cheapest version of the same item.

yeah, i'm rolling with 1920 x 1080 resolution, i don't run the 4k shit cause i don't see much of a point, plus it's a waste of money if you only play games. I play many games and i just recently got dragon age inquisition and it runs like shit on my computer which is very disappointing. thanks for the advice, i used PC part picker, i just picked a few links that happen to be amazon lol.

yeah, i'm rolling with 1920 x 1080 resolution, i don't run the 4k steaming pantload cause i don't see much of a point, plus it's a waste of money if you only play games. I play many games and i just recently got dragon age inquisition and it runs like steaming pantload on my computer which is very disappointing. thanks for the advice, i used PC part picker, i just picked a few links that happen to be amazon lol.

To run DA:I or any of the new AAA titles, the GTX 970 will run them amazingly all at max settings. (Excluding AC:Unity, that game is horribly optimized)

To run DA:I or any of the new AAA titles, the GTX 970 will run them amazingly all at max settings. (Excluding AC:Unity, that game is horribly optimized)

good to know, thanks!