Xgstumpy - team fortress 2

Division:

Team Fortress 2

In-Game Name:

stumpy

Steam ID:

idk

Information:

went on tf2 to play some saxton hale but unfortunately my game was cut short due to improper procedure by a staff member. I called a mod a pussy, which lead to a 1 hour ban. Normally I would just wait it out, however i dont fuckin feel like waiting. From the TF2 staff handbook:

"
How to make a proper punishment

Some staff members sometimes ask themselves "Should I kick this guy?" or "Should I ban this guy?" or maybe even "How long should I ban this guy for?" These are very good questions to ask yourself before you actually do the slaying, kicking, banning or whatever it is that you are doing. The process usually goes like this for someone breaking a minor rule:

Warn, then slay (sometimes optional), then kick, then ban.

When you get to the point where you have to ban them, make sure to use your common sense for how long the ban should last. Don't permanently ban a guy for mic spamming. Ban him for about an hour to week depending on how badly they did it, if people told him to stop multiple times, etc. However, using the WSKB approach isn't always required. For certain situations you can instantly ban for situations like:

-Hacking (Permanent)

-Mass freekilling (Permanent CT ban)

-Mass freekilling then leaving the game (Permanent)

So, for the more serious rules being broken, you can get to the banning, kicking or slaying instantly."

I did receive a brief warning through chat, however I did not receive a kick.

Would tag the mod who banned me but i was banned through console so no dice.

SteamID: STEAM_0:0:25344974

If you don't mind me asking, do you remember who warned you or was on the server? Maybe they remember who.

I apologize on behalf of banning you for an hour, some other guy continuously kept rejoining and insulting the staff, I thought it was you. I couldn't find your profile in the 2000 Stumpy's there are on steam. But you were saying exactly what the other person was saying so I instantly assumed it was you who was the person constantly switching names. I reacted too swiftly and went to conclusions. Butyoushouldntdisrespectstaffstill</3

No one should disrespect anyone in a way that is seen as offensive to the victim (to a certain extent of what 'disrespect' is deemed). At the same time, Staff is expected not to act on impulse and to abide by the guidelines provided properly.

Thread should be closed as the hour is already up and the offending Staff Member has made amends and understands the procedure :coffee: