• Smash 4

Which one is the best one

for me it's

1) Project M

2) Melee

3) 64

4) Brawl

5) Smash 4

while you are at it, post your main and secondary (btw a main is a main not multiple characters)

Edit:

64) Mario and Pikachu

Melee) Dr. Mario and Jigglypuff

Brawl) Ganondorf and Wolf

Project M) Bowser and Captain Falcon

Smash 4) Pac-Man and Koopa Kids

I've only ever seriously played brawl and 4 so..

I main Peach, all the way. If we're taking brawl, my secondary is Pokemon trainer: where I play Ivysaur.

But in 4, Peach as my main, and Sonic as my second.

Doesn't let me vote on anything now for some reason, but it goes:

1) SSB4

2) Melee

3) Project M

4) N64

5) Brawl

It's not as if I've played Project M, but I watch quite a bit of it. Brawl is fine, but the competitive aspect just doesn't belong in that game.

SSB4 Main - Pikachu, and pretty good one at that. I was called the best Jigglypuff player too by a Pro Mario player. Pockets - Mario, Peach

Melee Main - Jigglypuff, upthrow + rest. Pockets - Fox, Marth

Project M Main - None

N64 - Fox, even though I can't get used to his lasers being different in this game. Pockets - Don't have any

Brawl Main - Zelda, I don't play competitive Brawl so I just spam side special. Pockets - I don't play competitive Brawl, but it'd be Marth.

1) Melee

2) Smash 4

3) Project M (haven't played it, but looks decent)

4) Brawl

5) N64

Melee: Falco and Ganondorf/Roy

Smash 4: Roy and Ganondorf

Project M: -

Brawl: Ike and Sonic

N64: Fox and Captain Falcon

If you guys care to fight me on Smash 3DS or just care to add me, my friend code is 3754 9649 0621

I actually have to buy smash 4 lol. Doing that in Thursday. Then I have to find my ds xD

Hurts me to my soul to see that Brawl is the highest ranked so far. That's disgusting. Slipping completely RUINED that game and put it at the bottom of the list.

1.) Super Smash Bros Melee

2.) Project M

3.) Super Smash Bros 4

4.) Super Smash Bros (N64)

5.) Super Smash Bros Brawl

Mechanically, you cannot get better than the system used for Melee. It was amazing and very well balanced, and didn't cater to the casuals. There were TONS of advanced techniques that gave huge advantages to those who knew how to use them, such as L-Canceling and Wavesliding, but weren't completely necessary to be decent at the game. It definitely does not have the character spread as the newer games does, but it didn't have any mechanical issues whatsoever. The serious Smash players in the Smash community are in unanimous agreement that Melee is the Magnum Opus of the series.

Brawl is at the bottom purely for two reasons: Meta Knight and Slipping. Either of these reasons would have been enough to put this game on the bottom rung, but the fact that both of these issues were present in one title, I can't fathom how this is ANYONE'S favorite in the series. But then again, I realize not everyone was on a competitive level, and for casual play, I could see the draw. But as someone who ran the competitive scene in my state for ~2 years, I can't justify the poor quality of that game.

Project M....oh, where to begin with that game. It took Brawl and mechanically balanced it so it felt and played similarly to Melee. It fixed character balance issues and created completely new gameplay mechanics for quite a few of them. For certain characters, I actually prefer this game to Melee, MG&W being a big one, as well as Ganondorf. The support and community interaction with the devs on this game give it a HUGE plus to how good it is. They actually talk with the people who play it and take their feedback into consideration when making important changes, which is a lot more than I can say for Nintendo, which was proven by their recent rebalances for many characters, which unnecessarily buffed a lot of them and ignored a lot of overpowered ones.

The N64 game also isn't bad, it's just different, and has a completely different meta altogether. Combos and juggles are much more difficult to perform and much more satisfying when done correctly.

EDIT: Forgot my mains. Here they are.

Melee: Peach, Peach, Peach. You can't stop the turnip storm. You can't stop the spinning down-smash.

Project M: Peach, Olimar, C-Falc, Diddy Kong, Mario, Marth, Ness, Ganondorf....There's actually very few players I use and use efficiently. I can match with almost anyone. I play this game the MOST, so I have a lot of time to practice.

Smash 4: Bowser and Peach. Bowser is so goddamn good it isn't funny.

SSB64: Pikachu and Ness.

Brawl: Ike, Wolf, Diddy Kong, and Meta Knight, because they are the most overpowered and if you DON'T use them, you're a goddamn chump.

Time for Swift's extensive Pocket Characters (Edit: I don't actually pocket these characters, it's more that i know how to use them, but will not use them in a tourney. Really, i don't have any pockets, i don't why i even used the term incorrectly)

64: All of them

Melee: Mario, Samus, Pikachu, Ganondorf, Marth, Roy, Young Link, Bowser, Mewtwo, Ice Climbers, Captain Falcon Mr. Game & Watch, Peach and Luigi

Brawl: Mario, Peach, Bowser, Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, R.O.B., Lucario, Pikachu, Pokemon Trainer, Zelda/Sheik (not separate), Link, Toon Link, Kirby, King Dedede, Snake, Sonic, Falco, Yoshi, Mr. Game & Watch, Ice Climbers, Ike, Samus, Zero Suit Samus, Olimar, and Wario,

Project M: Luigi, Peach, Mario, Wario, Yoshi, Lucario, Roy, Mewtwo, Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Ganondorf, Link, Mr. Game & Watch, Ness, Meta Knight, Kirby, King Dedede, Snake, Sonic, Ike, Squirtle, Ivysuar, Charizard, Olimar, Wolf, Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, Yoshi, Samus, and Zero Suit Samus

Smash 4: Mario, Peach, Bowser, Mr. Game & Watch, Donkey Kong, Ganondorf, Samus, Little Mac, Falco, Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Greninja, Duck Hunt, Olimar, Dr. Mario, Dark Pit, Mega Man, Sonic, Mewtwo, Ryu, Roy

The only one I actually played a bunch of is n64. Never actually owned a copy of the others just played with friends once in a while.

N64 samus was great. My main for sure. Cpt falcon and Ness were fun and hard to use but were more used as a joke to have fun and not seriously. Never cared for being actually good at the game, just played for fun and to beat family, the way Nintendo intended.