Team Fortress 2

In-Game Name:

Iggy Iggs

Steam ID:

STEAM_0:0:47644086

Ban Type:

Server Ban

Information:

I was unbanned about 4 months ago from everything but servers. There is really no point in making me wait another month for an issue that is already resolved. Requesting trial by combat with @kbraszzz for my freedom.

If we unban iggy then we should unban vector, punished for the same reason and serving the same amount of time. Only fair, I do think iggy has improved from my few encounters with him in teamspeak.

@Nomulous @Rhododendron @Hidingmaster @DrLee

If we unban iggy then we should unban vector, punished for the same reason and serving the same amount of time. Only fair, I do think iggy has improved from my few encounters with him in teamspeak.

@Nomulous @Rhododendron @Hidingmaster @DrLee

Except I was not banned for the same reason. I made a hugely unacceptable remark towards one person on forums. Vector is disrespectful on every single outlet repeatedly. Countless times has vector told people on servers to kill themselves, and countless times has it been ignored. Only finally after realizing he is not going to stop punishment is given. The difference is between someone who mass freekilled, was punished, and moved on, and someone who has mass freekilled without punishment just to bitch his way out of being punished, of course just to go on mass freekilling. This is serious favoritism going on. Its surprising someone like vector is actually being defended despite the horrible stain he continues to place on the clan.

This reminds me of the Egossi and AdamStoe deal.

Both were permed for separate reasons, however, Egossi was unbanned recently. He has not been banned and has been given moderator since. Why? Because he changed for the better.

However, AdamStoe made a ban protest on a second alt. He has not changed at all and has been given a perm again.

Likewise:

Iggy and Vector were permed for different reasons

Iggy has changed for the better and is on TS all of the time for proof

Vector even said himself a long time ago (Not 100% precise): "I'm not going to change even with a ban".

That's why I think Iggy deserves to be unbanned. Perhaps he could be like Egossi and get Moderator (again). You never know +1

Except I was not banned for the same reason. I made a hugely unacceptable remark towards one person on forums. Vector is disrespectful on every single outlet repeatedly. Countless times has vector told people on servers to kill themselves, and countless times has it been ignored. Only finally after realizing he is not going to stop punishment is given. The difference is between someone who mass freekilled, was punished, and moved on, and someone who has mass freekilled without punishment just to birch his way out of being punished, of course just to go on mass freekilling. This is serious favoritism going on. Its surprising someone like vector is actually being defended despite the horrible stain he continues to place on the clan.

I am not supporting vector and anything. But i have seen things about how you guys have to wait out the punishment fully. I tagged cls for conformation, if I am wrong and cls say that if protested there is a possibility then hell yeah +1 from me. I just said what I said after seeing stuff about vector has to wait or something and I thought same was for you. Idk exactly.

I do think iggy has improved significantly and has earned a chance to be unbanned. He is like Egossi lately.

(Plus the bans were not really effective since they were not banned from ts or forums either)

-1, you have one month left, calm down. You haven't yet proved to me that you've changed, and you haven't expressed you wanted to come back until now. Just wait out your oh, so horribly long month of a ban.

I misread this. Is Iggy perm'd? I'll stay neutral if it's a perm. I haven't seen him, as I'm gone.

LOLOLOLOL LET'S TALK ABOUT VECTOR WITHOUT ACTUALLY TAGGING HIM XDXDXDXDXDXDXD first of all. let me go through all this shit.

I made a hugely unacceptable remark towards one person on forums.

ONE? Dude, you were just like me, you got banned because of disrespect and all of the other shit. It wasn't just for ONE person. if it was for ONE person your ban wouldn't be a perm nor a six. You don't even know why you're banned.

Vector is disrespectful on every single outlet repeatedly. Countless times has vector told people on servers to kill themselves, and countless times has it been ignored.

uh? no? this is f*cking false first of all, single outlet repeatedly? so what you're saying is in every single instance i am apart of, it's been disrespectful? no that's just ignorant. Now you're trying to throw me under the bus to make yourself seem better than you actually are. after you and i were unabnned you proceeded to annoy me and other CSS members in teamspeak talking shit about tf2 when we weren't even talking about them. Also i have only said kill yourself once to another member and i apologized to speed for it. So unless you have PROOF that i actually said something, stop saying stuff.

his is serious favoritism going on.

uh? really? because i would like to tell you that i'm still banned and i'm still waiting to be unbanned. Also you wanna talk about bias? look at all the shit i went through over the months with the higher ups in tf2, such as being permed again, for no reason, only for the CLs to be nice enough to reverse such a bad move. Also a DL telling me he doesn't read my comments (which means he can't tell if i have changed or not). also i had people going around recording my comments and my messages to find any sort of thing to get me permed. you don't know jack about favoritism, i swear the only reason i'm still not banned is because @DrLee is still here and i am not joking. Also,

Vector even said himself a long time ago (Not 100% precise): "I'm not going to change even with a ban".

again, people completely disregarding what i said to @ChickenPanda when i said (IN MY LATEST BAN PROTEST) that i guess i'll be a bit less hostile to people. You see this is the type of crap i put up with. No one wants to see any of the positives or the messages i convey in which contradict their statements. They just take what they either heard (not actually witnessed) or some information that is about 4-5 months out of date.

Also i was told my unban was September 23rd not october 23rd so i'm not even sure anymore.

I'm so sick and tired of people discussing my ban as if they know literally everything that came about. I'm also so annoyed that i am never tagged in anything so i can't defend myself and give an explanation. Rabid already made a thread about this sort of shit and we had a long ass discussion but people refuse to do so. I don't even know why i try anymore.

Wall of text.

I too would like to take a moment to comment on how this entire ordeal was handled, because quite frankly, I have grown weary of having to deal with this issue and everyone else treating Vector like the second coming of Hitler himself.

Vector is NOT a bad dude, no matter how much our TF2 division wants him to be. He's a asshole. That's a given, and I don't mean that in any bad way other than being brutally honest about how brash he can be when dealing with other people. I know plenty of assholes personally, and I don't hold it against anyone. That's just how people can be. It's part of their personality. Some people are more brutally honest about things than others, and some simply do not go out of their way to try and sugar coat the things they say. Some people express themselves differently than others, and some are just .... buttholes. Vector just so happens to be OUR asshole. (srsly, the guy isn't even bad enough to deserve that label, but it's the best way I can put it without being a dick about it. XD)

I've never had any issues with Vector, but you guys have put me in a right awkward position with the label you've given him. You can't imagine how hard it is to have to cast a vote against a guy you've literally looked up to for YEARS, or to have to put him on the chopping block because everyone in the division under you have the emotional capacity of a whiny 5-year-old in a daycare who just had his teddy bear stolen and shit on by all the other kids. I don't want to be the guy to make the call to nix someone, especially when I want to look at the majority of the complainers and tell them to "Grow the hell up. If he bothers you, simply mute him." IT ISN'T THAT HARD.

I will admit that after Vector was demoted from Admin, he really seemed to drive it home and got under the skin of many of our users. I personally thought it was funny to see just how much the butthurt ran rampant across our community, but I was in no position to speak against the mobs. I did what I could to say my piece and make it known that I didn't have any personal issues with Vector, but I reflected that his actions could be deemed as hurtful to the clan as a whole. When the time came, he was ultimately banned for an accumulated amount of disrespect directed to many of the members here in our clan. The decision would have been reached regardless of my input, so there was no stopping it.

What was said was said, and what was done was done.

My issue with the situation really escalated when his ban was extended to permanent status without anyone giving notice. Had Vector been an ass before on our servers? Indeed, but his punishment was set in stone and elongated until October. So why was his punishment ultimately extended to permanent status for absolutely no reason, without the council of the DMs and DLs of our division? I was livid. It was unjust to permanently extend the punishment and go against the initial ruling of our staff. I made many moves to get that extension reduced back to the original length, and now Vector is primed to be unbanned in October.

But this inherent HATE against him is absolutely ridiculous. People post all the time and use him as an example, as if Vector is the worst thing to happen to this clan. News flash: HE ISN'T. If anything, Vector has shown exemplary efforts to remain civil in the face of the anger directed at him, and has shown, to me at least, incredible willingness to change for the better. Anyone who says he hasn't changed have obviously veered far away from even attempting to communicate with him, let alone get to know him. The biggest mystery to me is how he found the drive to even stay around. I know for a FACT if I was treated the way Vector was treated, I would have left and NEVER looked back.

All I am saying is that I am a firm believer that ANYONE can change, and I am a firm believer in second chances. Vector has served the time required of his punishment, and will continue to serve until his ban is lifted, and when he comes back to the servers, I will personally welcome him. And to anyone who automatically disregards him because of a personal bias, I emplore you to do the same: Give a second chance. If we automatically assume he cannot and will not change for the better, all it becomes is self-fulfilling prophecy when he doesn't meet our nonexistent expectations.

xG, seriously, Vector is not the super villain you want him to be, and it's unfair to treat him that way. Vector, you got the shit-end of the stick, and I am seriously sorry this played out the way it did. You're a chill dude when you don't have to deal with idiots. I look forward to seeing you in servers again.

@Vector