Thorax_

Automatic Idle Player Kick Broken????

@Matsi I am mentally challanged. I meant to say "But eh, I guess disabling it for staff only is better."

Lol.

Gg... that makes it make a lot more sense :)

I mean it was originally removed because even editing the plug-in and cvar didn't work. Set it to whatever and it still kicked in less than a minute. This was 2013 when I was still new to the servers so it may have been updated and actually work since then but if we try it and it still kicks before you can take a piss and come back please end it like the plague.

Also it was there because servers were full constantly and we needed a 10 min afk kick to actually have spots on the server 24 hours a day. This isn't the case anymore. I see the point for jb hale and zf but it seems unnecessary on the trade servers it's been months since I've seen a 32/32 on a trade server.

Also I know we make jokes about nobody trading on our servers but in practice that's a lie. If this is added to the trade servers we will need enough time for both parties to chat about the trade, add everything, and go through the mobile authentication system. I'd suggest 20+ minutes.

Also if chatting doesn't count as not being afk, literally just don't add it. That was the worst problem we had

In response to @Moosty.

It says "Updated on January 29th."

It'd be pretty easy to test it out. We could just install it and try the cvars out. It's not gonna take that long and if our DL could take 10 minutes to try this out, why not? What could go wrong? We could literally uninstall it if it isn't working.

Additionally we could configure the plugin so it switches people to spectator after 5 minutes of being AFK and kicks them after another period of 5 or 10 minutes in spectator.

And keep in mind, we're talking about surf only. :D

Adding it surf only seems random but there isn't an issue with it. Idling just kind of seems like a non issue if people can still join and it doesn't affect the mode for others. The servers hasn't peaked at over 27 in the last week that's still five slots of leeway. I couldn't find an instance of the server being full enough to require this plugin but if the higher ups want to make a point against idling on xG servers that's your prerogative.

who cares if idling people get spawnkilled.... lol, I don't seem why there would be a need for a plugin due to it.

i think we should enable it so servers don't get full which I know isn't happening now, but summer is in like a month and for afk staff that want to log activity.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

who cares if idling people get spawnkilled.... lol, I don't seem why there would be a need for a plugin due to it.

If we're allowing people to spawnkill afks, it's just gonna end up in a big mess and people will use excuses like "Oh, I thought you were AFK ; D" in order to bypass the "no spawnkilling" rule.

I mean it was originally removed because even editing the plug-in and cvar didn't work

I get that you're worried, Moosty, but we're not trying to break our servers. If we (@kbraszzz or @Rejects, since I do not have FTP-acces) add it, we would of course try it out first. And if the cvars would not work, it's just gonna be removed again! :)

If we're allowing people to spawnkill afks, it's just gonna end up in a big mess and people will use excuses like "Oh, I thought you were AFK ; D" in order to bypass the "no spawnkilling" rule.

My bad, didn't reallize someone randomly changed the no SpawnCAMPING rule to no SpawnKILLING... lol

Perhaps someone should make that same edit in the menu version of the rules that shows up when you join or type !rules

Edited by Guest (see edit history)