Mr.LogicToast

Mac Address Banning.

I know this is a thing.

Me, kypari and caleb956 were all on tf2 just talking about a guy who keeps on using a vpn to re-join the xG surf server on tf2 to troll and hack this morning and I came up with the idea of mac address banning because he is able to get around the ip ban with a vpn (virtual private network).

This skid always comes on around late afternoon to 1:00 a.m. and he does massive free kills and aimbotting until he gets re-banned under a different ip address.

He also likes to change his profile name and basically come back almost every week and do the same thing over and over.

So my solution to this is to find a plugin or something... Or a way to Mac address ban this person so that we never have to deal with him again because Mac addresses cannot be spoofed easily like an ip address.

@Bello @Kypari @YeEternalTuna @Caleb956 @mrnutty12 @LemonVolt @Rejects

I'm curious as to how this is possible since as far as I know bans should ban not only IP but also via steam ID so unless he's using a new steam account every time he shouldnt be able to come back every single time. Am I wrong with my understanding?

the only way to really get a MAC address for a ban like that is if you are the person in control of the client or game he is using. since you nor i nor aegean nor silence own or operate TF2 or steam, good luck getting that. as well as that sourcebans isn't something you can just add a mac address to ban someone.

As far as dealing with the hacker goes, the only thing you can do is continue to ban him, at some point or another he will get bored of having to make a new steam acct. and re-spoof his IP to get back on some random server for him.